UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Julian Markham House 2011/2012 anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi Lorena,
I want to take a room in Julian Markham House from August to September 2012.
Can you please tell me how is the neighborhood? Is it safe? Can you find transport easily? Also I’ll apreciate if you can descrive me the rooms at Julian Markham House and if you like the enviroment in that area..

Regards

SMLZ
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Hi SMLZ,

I thought I'd tell you a bit about Julian Markham.

When I first moved to Elephant & Castle I wasn't feeling it but now that I've been around London I've realised it's actually a brilliant place to live. I initially thought it didn't seem very safe but it's fine, everyone is friendly - just keep your wits about you as you would anywhere in London and I wouldn't advise being out very late on your own.
There's 2 Tescos & a Morrisons within walking distance and that's where you get value food from. A cashpoint and 24 hour off-licence (which is quite big) is also right around the corner, as is a McDonalds, Nando's and several other fast food restaurants. Also Ministry of Sound which can be a good night out.
The transport links are great because there's buses that go to most major points within London and the tube station which is again, a 5 minute walk, gets you to Oxford St within 10 mins or you can hop on the Northern line.

Julian Markham itself is not too bad. Your room is quite big in my opinion. It's spacious with under bed storage and a shower pod type bathroom which is, trust me, way better than other hall's bathrooms.
Elephant & Castle has a lot of hustle and bustle so there tends to be cars going past at 1am playing very loud gangsta music but I think it adds to the atmosphere and reminds you that you're in London! One of the best cities ever.

I hope that helped and I'm happy to answer any other questions :smile:

Love Veebs x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending