The Student Room Group

PG Reassessment

So, I'm becoming a postgraduate soon but I'm a little confused about whether I need a reassessment or not.

I'm dyspraxic, so I find typing much easier than writing. In the last year, I've been literally at my computer 10hr+ a day (dissertation and whatnot), and the pain is unbelievable (wrist and back). Postgraduate will be about the same level of screentime. Can the DSA reassessment be for changing circumstances like this or does it have to be for a change in your disability?

Thanks for any help,
luser
Reply 1
I have only had 1 assessment recently so please excuse me if my info is not the most accurate, but I do have a named person at the DSA team and she told me that if anything changes regarding your needs (that's not very good English, is it? Oh well) then you can ask for a reassessment or a top up assessment with the centre that did your original assessment. But as far as I know, if you are going to do a post grad course, you'd have to reapply anyway for the funding anyway. What exactly would you need extra on your postgrad? Or do you simply want to carry with the same level of support you are currently getting?
Reply 2
Your name is lusar?
I had the same problem, where I have to type, and then developed really bad RSI. I just contacted the disability centre at my uni, with GP evidence and they got the man who did my original assessment to modify it. But I don't know if going into postgrad will mean you need another assessment. Perhaps ring the disability support office at your postgrad uni?
Reply 4
I had a reassessment (but I did have different needs when I did PG) - try asking your disability supervisor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending