The Student Room Group

Will Student Finance reassess?

Hi,

I’ve applied as an independent student as I have been financially independent for three years as of this month. A couple of weeks ago I uploaded some of my supporting evidence, but I had to wait until today to upload my most recent payslip. I received a letter last week from SFE saying that my entitlement is the £4,600 minimum maintenance loan (as before I uploaded my payslip today my evidence didn’t cover three years). When I login now it says “application approved”.

Will SFE be notified that I uploaded more evidence today, and will they reassess my entitlement?
Original post by kwikmaffs
Hi,

I’ve applied as an independent student as I have been financially independent for three years as of this month. A couple of weeks ago I uploaded some of my supporting evidence, but I had to wait until today to upload my most recent payslip. I received a letter last week from SFE saying that my entitlement is the £4,600 minimum maintenance loan (as before I uploaded my payslip today my evidence didn’t cover three years). When I login now it says “application approved”.

Will SFE be notified that I uploaded more evidence today, and will they reassess my entitlement?

Hi Kwikmaffs,

You would have been awarded the basic finance as you couldn't provide the evidence at the time. If you upload new evidence, make sure to include a cover letter explaining why you're sending it and the team will reassess your application.

Once updated and approved, this will reflect online and then you will receive paperwork in the post.

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Kwikmaffs,

You would have been awarded the basic finance as you couldn't provide the evidence at the time. If you upload new evidence, make sure to include a cover letter explaining why you're sending it and the team will reassess your application.

Once updated and approved, this will reflect online and then you will receive paperwork in the post.

Thanks,
Claire

Okay that’s fine, I assumed that would be the case. I’ll write a cover letter and upload that to my account. I was just a bit worried as when I login it says “all actions completed/application approved” so I was concerned you wouldn’t have been notified of my new evidence.
Okay that’s fine, I assumed that would be the case. I’ll write a cover letter and upload that to my account. I was just a bit worried as when I login it says “all actions completed/application approved” so I was concerned you wouldn’t have been notified of my new evidence.

It will show this as its been assessed for the basic finance, but we'll reassess you once we receive your new evidence.
If you need help with anything else, please let us know!

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
It will show this as its been assessed for the basic finance, but we'll reassess you once we receive your new evidence.
If you need help with anything else, please let us know!

Thanks,
Claire

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!
Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

You're welcome! Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending