The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980

Original post by Clip
How about a normal tie?

If you're short and slim, the most important thing will be making sure the jacket fits properly across the shoulders, otherwise you'll look like a kid wearing an adult jacket.

And getting it shortened correctly in the body and arms.
Original post by eliteDNA
ive got a navy suit and white shirt. Got any ideas on the tie. Im fairly short and slim so i dont think a fat tie will look good.

Burgundy tie :sogood:
What do you guys think of these adidas originals nizza low?
http://www.footasylum.com/ADIDAS-ORIGINALS-Nizza-Low-Trainers-P025855/

http://www.footasylum.com/ADIDAS-ORIGINALS-Nizza-Low-Trainer-P032916/
(bearing in mind I've already got a pair of black converse low- those are the only pair of trainers I have btw)
Reply 3983
Original post by Lamps08
Everytime I've walked past a New Look I never see any guys, and I never see the guys section when I look in, and it's all one floor from what I can see. But then on here people keep going on about it....

You're really, really not missing out. Seriously I don't know how anyone finds anything nice there judging by their website.
Reply 3984
Original post by paddy
You're really, really not missing out. Seriously I don't know how anyone finds anything nice there judging by their website.

True this. Slightly more expensive Primark, with less choice and more women. And by women, I mean 40 year old women trying to be 'cool'.
Reply 3985
Are quilted / barbour jackets out of date? I need a new jacket for winter :smile:
Original post by paddy

Fair enough. The prices on their website do seem worryingly low as well. Think I might just stick to RouteOne.
Reply 3988
I need a plain yet stylish coat for this winter. Something like this but much cheaper (£60-£100).

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/fred-perry-burgundy-pursuit-jacket/invt/5232423916446/&bklist=
Original post by efn
Are quilted / barbour jackets out of date? I need a new jacket for winter :smile:

Barbour jackets are not something which can go out of fashion. It's timeless in my opinion. People have been wearing those since before we were all born. Just like everything, they became in the 'in' thing to have and all the high street stores started stocking them and everyone jumped on them.

If you want one go for it. I think they can look great worn correctly.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3990
:eek:
Original post by toastehmonstah
guys, i need suggestions of something to wear with these chinos and boots i bought...

Where can i get some camel coloured chinos like this?
Original post by rye225
:eek:

Where can i get some camel coloured chinos like this?

I think they are from pull and bear :biggrin:
Reply 3992
Every mens clothing shop in the world?
Original post by The Stig
Barbour jackets are not something which can go out of fashion. It's timeless in my opinion. People have been wearing those since before we were all born. Just like everything, they became in the 'in' thing to have and all the high street stores started stocking them and everyone jumped on them.

If you want one go for it. I think they can look great worn correctly.

Can you give a few pointers as to how to wear them correctly?
Original post by freefrag
Can you give a few pointers as to how to wear them correctly?

I've never owned one so I couldn't say how I wear one. While I really like them, the influx of people wearing them with grey fleece jogging bottoms and high-tops made them a no go for me :tongue: ... hopefully those people move on to the next 'in' thing in due course and I can go get one :u:

I'd wear one with probably a nice casual checked shirt underneath or a polo. Trousers or cords. Not really sure in regards to footwear. Overall they appear to be pretty versatile jackets that you could wear with a lot of stuff.

However when I said 'worn right' I refer to how I see them worn far too often: with joggers, with trainers, or with a hoody undernath and the hood popped out. Lots of 'ganster' or 'rude boy' types have really taken a shine to the quilted jacket. Just completely ruins it for me. It's the downside of the high streets replicating them for a fraction of the price.
(edited 12 years ago)
Some more from the H&M Versace collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The women's collection actually looks decent, even with the self-evident shock value. We definitely got the short straw :holmes:
Reply 3997
Versace are clearly trolling H&M tbph.
Reply 3998

Latest