The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Mess.
Well what is your fashion choices then as people would probably be able to direct you somewhere useful :h:

Good point, may as well make my input here have some practical output rather than a rant. I usually wear jeans or track suits on my lower half, I have some salmon pink shorts that come down to past the knee for when it gets hot.

T shirts when its hot, I have some of the type with the large pictres on the front, some just plain colours, a few long sleeve plain dark coloured cotton tops.
I have a few plain coloured polo tops, 2 black leather jackets, one with a hood. A few zip up hoodies, a hooded coat with fur on the inside from next.

Loads of other stuff but describing clothes is fairly difficult.
I'm just annoyed at the chav bellends wearing chinos because they sell them at topman. :sigh: Normally worn with a low cut t-shirt and the person often has **** tattoos.
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
I'm just annoyed at the chav bellends wearing chinos because they sell them at topman. :sigh: Normally worn with a low cut t-shirt and the person often has **** tattoos.

In my experience (I live in Scunthorpe - a chav town) the chavs here stick with sports world, and the "normal bellends" shop at top man. (I shop at river island, which effectively places me in the bellend group) It may be different where you live, but no chav in my area shops at top man :s-smilie:
But yeh, I get what you mean, most people (incuding me :colondollar:) tend to go by what is in topman and similar shops when buying clothes.
Reply 583

Yep, it seems like all the clothes that I want to wear are worn by fashion criminals.

I don't mean to sound elitist here or anything, I'm fairly sure my fashion sense is piss-poor, but people just dress like ***** and I cannot see where the appeal is. And skinny jeans are not comfortable, ever.

Original post by George K
In my experience (I live in Scunthorpe - a chav town) the chavs here stick with sports world, and the "normal bellends" shop at top man. (I shop at river island, which effectively places me in the bellend group) It may be different where you live, but no chav in my area shops at top man :s-smilie:
But yeh, I get what you mean, most people (incuding me :colondollar:) tend to go by what is in topman and similar shops when buying clothes.

I used to shop at topman but they seem to have fallen to the current trends.
Anyone know where to get shoes like these in faux suede? The reason I ask is I know I will easily mess up real suede.

Source: http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-S2011/61172/197652/BRUSHED%2BSUEDE%2BANKLE%2BBOOT
Reply 585
Original post by sandeep90

Original post by sandeep90
Anyone know where to get shoes like these in faux suede? The reason I ask is I know I will easily mess up real suede.

Source: http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-S2011/61172/197652/BRUSHED%2BSUEDE%2BANKLE%2BBOOT

Clarks perhaps?
Reply 586

Here here, chinos should be paired a dark blue blazer, shirt (and potentially tie).... not to sound elitist, of course.

I do actually agree with many of the aforementioned statements to be fair, I'd much rather buy the staples; and then have a few things to keep it fresh as opposed to changing my wardrobe every few weeks on the basis of what is sold in bloody Topman.
Reply 587
Original post by paddy

Try again sometime when you do finally have a valid opinion, in the meantime I look forward to seeing you post what you've bought recently :mmm:

I won't be doing that considering I haven't bought anything recently, apart from fragrances, and because my wardrobe is at full capacity. But I definitely wouldn't be wasting any room or money on Abercrombie
What do people think of these trainers?
I quite like them but I would have a clue what to wear with them.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-avid-mens-241216?src=google

Also, they are from sports direct which makes me think :confused:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 589
Not my sort of thing but a lot of the topman kids who have just got out of tracksuits seem to love that style.
Reply 590
Forgot to mention these arrived this week which I love wearing with a blue chambray shirt, a grey t-shirt underneath (both AA) and some white trousers from H&M:

Thoughts? Am unsure myself atm. The shorts, that is.
Reply 592
Original post by Redemption

I vote yes. It's a nice change from the faded red chinos/jeans making the rounds these days :yy:
Reply 593
Original post by pipsicles
I am from Newcastle and I am devastated by how much of a **** everybody looks nowadays: for the most part you are either a rah (ralph lauren polo top, jack wills body warmer and sweatpants with flip flops), an indie kid who likes to pretend its the 80's, or... someone who wears a lumberjack top. You may also be one of those people who's lower torso looks like this:

If you are asian, you either look like a rudeboy or a spiceboy (Hits the gym a lot, low cut V neck top, hair done up), there are also a lot of white spice boys now.

I just want to know, what is a man to do? I want to dress how I like but apparantly if you do not fit into one of the above style categories there is no other option as high street retailers love to cater to these fashions, I remember when you could buy clothes that were comfortable and practical.

Anybody else sickened with the current fashion trends?

Also, this

I have a few of these and I feel like too much of a **** wearing them now.

Its not that I don't want to be seen wearing something that everybody else wears, its just that I associate a stigma to the people who wear them and I'm sure a lot of other people do too.

totaly true. everyone i see now looks ridiculus. i just started looking into fasion (i have no idea) and i cant find anything i like. at all. everything is just so effeminate. everyone is just wearing chinos / cargo shorts and is an anorexic that spends wayyyy too much time on their hair.

maybe its just me not wanting to change but i do boxing and martial arts and hit the gym alot. i feel much more at home in a hoodie and jeans but i know i look ****. it seems like the only other option is looking like a total idiot that needs a good meal though
Reply 594
Original post by Redemption

Those are the exact salmon pink shorts that I have and I like mine.

Original post by bowlie
totaly true. everyone i see now looks ridiculus. i just started looking into fasion (i have no idea) and i cant find anything i like. at all. everything is just so effeminate. everyone is just wearing chinos / cargo shorts and is an anorexic that spends wayyyy too much time on their hair.

maybe its just me not wanting to change but i do boxing and martial arts and hit the gym alot. i feel much more at home in a hoodie and jeans but i know i look ****. it seems like the only other option is looking like a total idiot that needs a good meal though

I do thai boxing and kickboxing and if my thai boxing kru. (coach) saw me dressed like the majority of people my age that I see in the street he would laugh me out of the gym.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 595
ok so i have nothing for spring. what can i go for in the way of shorts? i want to avoid chinos / cargo shorts. i was thinking longish (past the knee) tight denin jean shorts and something lighter/ cooler. any ideas where i can get some?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bowlie
ok so i have nothing for spring. what can i go for in the way of shorts? i want to avoid chinos / cargo shorts. i was thinking longish (past the knee) tight denin jean shorts and something lighter/ cooler. any ideas where i can get some?

Chino shorts (or rather, thick cotton shorts) are nice, what do you have against them?

Tight denim past the knee shorts? This isn't 'Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 Character Wardrobe Thread II'
Major man crush on Kanye.

(edited 12 years ago)

Latest