The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8440
Original post by checkolad
What do you think about this jacket?
&set=key[rotate],value[]&set=key[width],value[]&set=key[height],value[]&set=key[x],value[]&set=key[y],value[]&set=key[type],value[ARTICLE_LOOK_FRONT]&call=url[file:/product/large]

As a suit? It would look pretty terrible with jeans.
Original post by cgvince
I swear the best thing about H&M is the interactive fitting room, I always use it even if im ordering the clothes from a different website aha

http://www.hm.com/gb/dressingroom/MEN?aid=95979-M#page=1&Nr=4294956363

How do you do that?
Original post by cgvince
I swear the best thing about H&M is the interactive fitting room, I always use it even if im ordering the clothes from a different website aha

I can't believe i've never checked it out, it's great:biggrin:
Reply 8443
Original post by checkolad
I can't believe i've never checked it out, it's great:biggrin:

its pretty good !, i mean even if im buying clothes from say topman online, ill go on to H&M find a similar item and see if it goes together, sorted
Reply 8444
Has anybody tried any clothing from the Serge DeNimes range?

http://sergedenimes.com/
Reply 8445
Original post by cgvince

thanks!!
Reply 8446
Original post by cgvince

That is awesome. Unfortunately all I have learnt is that H&M clothes are incredibly naff.
penfield-pf0249w11.007.c-kasson-jacket-olive-tweed-4.jpg

Just got this, i know it's getting towards summer but i've been after this for about 6 months in my size and not available anywhere, then one came in.

http://www.weaversdoor.com/shop-by-brand-1/penfield/penfield-kasson-jacket-in-olive-tweed.html
Reply 8448
Original post by Marshyy
penfield-pf0249w11.007.c-kasson-jacket-olive-tweed-4.jpg

Just got this, i know it's getting towards summer but i've been after this for about 6 months in my size and not available anywhere, then one came in.

http://www.weaversdoor.com/shop-by-brand-1/penfield/penfield-kasson-jacket-in-olive-tweed.html

I really don't see the appeal.
Reply 8449
Original post by Scipio
I really don't see the appeal.

No me neither. Tweed jackets are awesome in their own right, and waterproof jackets are practical but invariably ugly. Mixing two completely different jackets just looks a bit... weird. Its like a badly done cut and shut.
Reply 8450
Those type of jackets always remind me of chavs and football hooligans who are between the ages of 18 and 30 :dontknow:
Original post by py0alb
No me neither. Tweed jackets are awesome in their own right, and waterproof jackets are practical but invariably ugly. Mixing two completely different jackets just looks a bit... weird. Its like a badly done cut and shut.

Fair enough, i'm not into Converse, varsity jackets and hitops so i didn't expect many people in here to appreciate the purchase to be fair.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Marshyy
Fair enough, i'm not into Converse, varsity jackets and hitops so i didn't expect many people in here to appreciate the purchase to be fair.

neither are most people here though :P
Reply 8453
Original post by Marshyy

Well neither are most people here. In fact I would suggest comming posting in the male fashion thread normally signals a sufficient enough interest in men's style as to suggest an unwillingness to simply wear the exact same high street fashion as every other young man in the country. Most people in this thread don't wear converse or jack wills or abercrombie or ralph lauren or any of that ****, because thats the stuff that people who aren't interested in style wear. Buying well-known brands is what you do when you don't know enough about fashion to actually know what you're looking for: hence the reason all teenagers wear the same 10 outfits.
Original post by py0alb
ralph lauren

I wouldn't put them in the same bracket as all the others, i wear a fair bit of RL but i'd agree with the rest. Just the conversation above me was about varsity jackets, and the amount of Nike hitops that everyone seems to wet themselves on here is pretty frequent. But then again, i hardly ever go on here haha. Just what i see when i do.
Reply 8455
Ralph Lauren make some decent stuff...just some of the Polo sub brand isn't the best. That being said, I do like a lot of my Polo shoes/ Ralph Lauren shirts and trousers.
Reply 8456
Original post by kuks
Ralph Lauren make some decent stuff...just some of the Polo sub brand isn't the best. That being said, I do like a lot of my Polo shoes/ Ralph Lauren shirts and trousers.

I do quite like the look of the shoes even if they aren't my own personal style and the shirts don't look too bad, never tried one myself so couldn't comment on the fit etc.

Going for a meal and drinks tonight. Wearing:
Dark green suede derby's - John White
Indigo jeans - Zara
Dark brown belt - Gieves and Hawkes
A farmer check brown/blue/red shirt - Tommy Hilfigher
Blue herringbone sports jacket - Gieves and Hawkes

I feel like the jacket is about half an inch too long which ages it a bit but I don't really have the funds to be spending £15-£25 on shortening it atm :colondollar:
Original post by Marshyy
I wouldn't put them in the same bracket as all the others, i wear a fair bit of RL but i'd agree with the rest. Just the conversation above me was about varsity jackets, and the amount of Nike hitops that everyone seems to wet themselves on here is pretty frequent. But then again, i hardly ever go on here haha. Just what i see when i do.

I think there are 2/3 posters who pop in on an irregular basis who like hitops pretty much everyone else doesn't like them :dontknow:
Reply 8457
Original post by kuks

The Polo stuff - especially the hideous big pony stuff - is just the absolute pits.

The rest is alright, its just vastly overpriced for what is essentially decent M&S quality clothing with a different label in the collar.

As any marketing analyst will tell you, Ralph Lauren follow an "added value differentiation strategy" - which is to say they sell you the same stuff at higher prices but they can get away with it because of the "image" of the brandname as representing "rich Americans". The big pony stuff is a brand extension aimed directly at chavs. Funnily enough the rationale of doing this was to prevent the main brand line losing prestige and hence market share like (ex-)competitors such as Tommy Hilfiger and Yves Saint Laurent.

It seems to be working - ask anyone on this forum which is "better quality" out of the three names I have mentioned and clearly the RL marketing team have done a very good job.
Hi, so I had seen these shoes a while ago on asos marketplace and I was finally going to buy them today when I saw they'd been sold :'( I was devastated to say the least, and I was just wondering if anyone has seen shoes similar to these. They seller said he bought them in Office and the brand is "ffor". Any help would be REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciated!! Thanks :smile:

e5b0c11e-ae18-4bbc-a829-875b1e24da40_large.jpg
8b51106f-dc65-4c8c-9d37-3dae2b5f1231_large.jpg
ed86a36a-23d9-4422-8dd3-438886f9ac12_large.jpg
093f145b-b13d-4e9d-9ec0-5c55fc0deff9_large.jpg
42fee1cd-fc81-45b9-a87d-514e2223f398_large.jpg
Reply 8459
Original post by py0alb
It seems to be working - ask anyone on this forum which is "better quality" out of the three names I have mentioned and clearly the RL marketing team have done a very good job.

Totally agree on the recent 'chaviness' of certain Ralph Lauren lines. I do like their classic button down Oxford's though, really good fit.

Would you agree with me that if you were going to buy the Big Pony RL polo shirts you are just as good to buy a £20 fake from eBay as they're made in the same place out of the same material with the same hideously obnoxious logo emblazoned on the breast!

Latest