The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8700
Picked up a couple of items from TK Maxx today.
Charcoal nail head, double breasted, Aquascutum jacket - £60
Charcoal cashmere, Paul Costelloe, jacket - £30

What trousers and combinations would people pair with the DB for work :beard:
Original post by youngtory

Did you decide on what to wear tomorrow?

Think I'm going to go with the trousers and shoes posted, a white shirt, navy jumper, and a burgundy knitted tie, and some burgundy socks :colone:
Reply 8702
I'm thinking about getting a blazer/sports jacket. Never had one before so I don't really know what to look out for or where I should be looking. It'll be for smart-casual occasions really. Sorry for being vague but a little direction would be great!
Reply 8703
Original post by Tokyoround
Get the Persols.

Think i'm swaying in that direction.
Reply 8704
Original post by Scipio
I'm thinking about getting a blazer/sports jacket. Never had one before so I don't really know what to look out for or where I should be looking. It'll be for smart-casual occasions really. Sorry for being vague but a little direction would be great!

TK Maxx is always great, just keep on searching every time you pass one.
Reply 8705
http://www.tkmaxx.com/mens-suits+tailoring-/blue-textured-blazer-jacket/invt/23551622

Anyone who is a 40 should invest in that :yep: Thinking about it myself but I already own 4 sports jackets that don't really get enough wear :sigh:
Reply 8706
Original post by Mess.
http://www.tkmaxx.com/mens-suits+tailoring-/blue-textured-blazer-jacket/invt/23551622

Anyone who is a 40 should invest in that :yep: Thinking about it myself but I already own 4 sports jackets that don't really get enough wear :sigh:

Cheers man,

too bad I have very little money til my next paycheck and I'm sure that'll be gone by then. Looking at that sports jacket, what makes it particularly desirable compared to others?
Reply 8707
Original post by Scipio
Cheers man,

too bad I have very little money til my next paycheck and I'm sure that'll be gone by then. Looking at that sports jacket, what makes it particularly desirable compared to others?

The main material is either wool/linen/silk/cotton or a blend as opposed to having any polyester or anything like that in there. The buttons keep it looking casual, as opposed to just a navy suit you are wearing the jacket from. I quite like the roped shoulder as well, without actually trying it on you wouldn't be able to see what the cut is like but for the price there isn't much out there that'll be better quality. Especially when you consider than the likes of Topman charge that for a jacket.
Reply 8708
Original post by Mess.
The main material is either wool/linen/silk/cotton or a blend as opposed to having any polyester or anything like that in there. The buttons keep it looking casual, as opposed to just a navy suit you are wearing the jacket from. I quite like the roped shoulder as well, without actually trying it on you wouldn't be able to see what the cut is like but for the price there isn't much out there that'll be better quality. Especially when you consider than the likes of Topman charge that for a jacket.

I'll keep that all in mind when I get round to shopping for one (couple of weeks). I'd rep but it won't let me!
Original post by Tokyoround
Depends what kind of shirt. I imagine a white shirt would be quite easy to work with. With pink or bright trousers in general, you want the rest of the outfit to be pretty reserved and understated, let the trousers do the talking.

Original post by py0alb
What colour tweed? Maybe plain grey tweed. I don't think green tweed would work.

Really, you want to keep the colours simple and neutral when pairing pink trousers.

I was thinking of going with a plain white shirt, as you'd said, and a charcoal or light grey coloured jacket? I have a green tweed jacket but I'm not sure it would go too well, as you say.

What shoes would you suggest?
Reply 8710
Original post by youngtory
I was thinking of going with a plain white shirt, as you'd said, and a charcoal or light grey coloured jacket? I have a green tweed jacket but I'm not sure it would go too well, as you say.

What shoes would you suggest?

I don't know if this was a general question, but I think these, or something similar, would look good with the trousers. I'm not too sure about the sole on these but I am sure that there are more like this out there. I only used this link to illustrate the example - http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Made-in-England-Oxford-Shoes-With-Crepe-Sole/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2089401&cid=4209&Rf-200=33&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Navy

I think they'd look better with a faded pink, but I reckon that they would also look fine with brighter pink trousers. I don't know if this is what you had in mind, and they don't have to be this exact brand; I just thought this style and colour may work.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8711
Interested to know people thoughts on this New Era cap:http://www.newerashats.com/new-era-hello-kitty-yellow-black-white-p-979.html

I don't own any New Era caps at all, but this one is tempting.
Reply 8712
Original post by xxm
Interested to know people thoughts on this New Era cap:http://www.newerashats.com/new-era-hello-kitty-yellow-black-white-p-979.html

I don't own any New Era caps at all, but this one is tempting.

Looks ****.
Reply 8713
Original post by Scipio
Looks ****.

You think? I'm half tempted but it just doesn't go with anything I own so I'll give it a miss.
Reply 8714
Original post by xxm
You think? I'm half tempted but it just doesn't go with anything I own so I'll give it a miss.

Personally my clothing has matured over the last year so I'm not a cap person anymore, but even if I was..it's Hello Kitty. I would get slaughtered by everyone i know lol.
I need a suit for school prom coming up soon, I have never bought a suit before.

Does anyone know where I can find suits which are stylish but below £80? Or if hiring is cheaper?
Reply 8716
Original post by Scipio
Personally my clothing has matured over the last year so I'm not a cap person anymore, but even if I was..it's Hello Kitty. I would get slaughtered by everyone i know lol.

:tongue: I'd get slaughtered too. Don't have a clue why it appeals to me, I usually hate the dicks that wear them. :colondollar:
Reply 8717
Considering buying this blazer and the smart trousers to go with it

Would this outfit be suitable for both smart casual interviews and also for our end of year award ceremony at college ?

and do the two colours go well together ?

DSC_1675.jpg
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cgvince
Considering buying this blazer and the smart trousers to go with it

Would this outfit be suitable for both smart casual interviews and also for our end of year award ceremony at college ?

and do the two colours go well together ?

DSC_1675.jpg

AND

I bought this today and it came to £25 with discount

http://tinyurl.com/74qvtm3

what do you guys think of it ?

Looks ok yeah, nit sure on interview suitability though. One more thing, don't do up the botim button of the jacket, the bottom button should never be done up.
My stuff from Jump The Gun has just arrived. Customer service :h:

Latest