The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by py0alb
its quite possibly the best beer in the world, ever.

Can you get them in tescos? :biggrin:
Reply 8901
Original post by JollyJelly
Can you get them in tescos? :biggrin:

you can get the bottles, 4 for £5.50. I think sainsburys do the 4 packs of cans.

Anyway, this discussion should be in the beer thread, not the fashion thread, lol.
Original post by py0alb
you can get the bottles, 4 for £5.50. I think sainsburys do the 4 packs of cans.

Anyway, this discussion should be in the beer thread, not the fashion thread, lol.

There's a beer thread?

Why was I not told? :tongue:
Reply 8903
Original post by mikeyd85
Hey all, got a few questions:

Black shoes + light blue jeans = Fashion hell?
Where can I get a half decent leather jacket from at a reasonable price, say <£120?
Finally, light blue jeans, plain white tshirt and what kinda trendy shirt? Recommendations please as I only have office shirts at the mo!

Thanks all!

I got some new really light blue jeans, and black shoes work with them when I wear black elsewhere (black jumper for example). Depends house light they are though, I mean these are like >this colour<
Reply 8904
Hey all, got a few questions:

Black shoes + light blue jeans = Fashion hell?
Where can I get a half decent leather jacket from at a reasonable price, say <£120?
Finally, light blue jeans, plain white tshirt and what kinda trendy shirt? Recommendations please as I only have office shirts at the mo!

Thanks all!

Black shoes and light jeans do not work well together generally.

For that budget you're better off waiting til the summer sale as the starting price for decent leather jackets is around the £150 mark.

As for shirts, try either a military/safari style shirt or a linen shirt if it's a bit hot (linen shirts are everywhere at the moment).
Original post by Top Dog
I wouldn't wear black shoes and light jeans. Would go with brown or white personally but it depends on the style of each I suppose. Leather jackets are tough to find I was looking as well.

For light jeans and shirt I would go for something checked. Like these but it depends on you hair and skin as to what colour.

http://www.hpsgroup.co.uk/files/2011/05/Check-shirts.jpg

Original post by py0alb
Black shoes + any light coloured trousers = no.

As for a shirt, I would personally go for something tasteful subtle in either red/pink/purple/green, top two buttons updone, with the sleeves rolled up. Tucked in unless it is a flat front.

Righty then. I need new shoes! Haha!

I found this shirt at River Island, went to the store at White Rose...didn't have it in :colonhash: Will try City Centre store tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Original post by paddy
Black shoes and light jeans do not work well together generally.

For that budget you're better off waiting til the summer sale as the starting price for decent leather jackets is around the £150 mark.

As for shirts, try either a military/safari style shirt or a linen shirt if it's a bit hot (linen shirts are everywhere at the moment).

Yeah, it's a shame they're so much. never mind though...looks like I need new shoes before another jacket... There's always PU (fake leather) jackets...but I just can't bring myself to get one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8906
Righty then. I need new shoes! Haha!

I found this shirt at River Island, went to the store at White Rose...didn't have it in :colonhash: Will try City Centre store tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

half shirt, half hoody eh?

thats a casual flat front shirt so providing you got the right size it would look better untucked.
Original post by py0alb
half shirt, half hoody eh?

thats a casual flat front shirt so providing you got the right size it would look better untucked.

Aye, hence my complete unwillingness to buy online. Me and RI have a chequered history when it comes to sizes... 32" waist fit me in some jeans...in others I can't even get them over my thighs... :confused:
Reply 8908

Yeah, it's a shame they're so much. never mind though...looks like I need new shoes before another jacket... There's always PU (fake leather) jackets...but I just can't bring myself to get one.

fake leather is a false economy.

spend £80 and get a jacket that last for a couple of years before the "leather" starts flaking off, or spend £300 and get a jacket that lasts for 40 years, and actually gets better with age. My leather jacket is 13 years old and I'm still only just wearing it in.

You really gotta make sure you like the style, that's all.
Original post by py0alb
fake leather is a false economy.

spend £80 and get a jacket that last for a couple of years before the "leather" starts flaking off, or spend £300 and get a jacket that lasts for 40 years, and actually gets better with age. My leather jacket is 13 years old and I'm still only just wearing it in.

You really gotta make sure you like the style, that's all.

Agreed. I've got a leather trenchcoat from my more metal head / mosher days that's still going strong after a good 8 years or so. I seldom wear it now though. Works well with a suit though.
Original post by py0alb
Christ, was that some kind of lumberjack reunion event?

But yes, check shirts have been fashionable for a few years now if that is your kind of thing.

I know lol, definite overdose of checks :biggrin:
Original post by Mess.
QFA

Just had another question pop into my head, does anyone know places that do good trousers with side adjusters instead of beltloops?

Also, would it be reasonably possible for a tailor to alter my current trousers which have belt loops so they have side adjusters instead?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8912
Original post by SamF1992
Just had another question pop into my head, does anyone know places that do good trousers with side adjusters instead of beltloops?

I don't sorry but if you get extra long trousers (from a shop that allows refunds) then if there is enough material left over in the hem then a decent tailor will remove the belt loops and stick side straps on.
Original post by Mess.
I don't sorry but if you get extra long trousers (from a shop that allows refunds) then if there is enough material left over in the hem then a decent tailor will remove the belt loops and stick side straps on.

Thanks :smile: I'd rep you for your help, but apparentely I've given you too much already :biggrin:
Hi guys, :teeth:

So: blue suit, white shirt, cranberry / burgundy tie ... what colour pocket square would you recommend?
Reply 8915
Original post by The Stig
Hi guys, :teeth:

So: blue suit, white shirt, cranberry / burgundy tie ... what colour pocket square would you recommend?

What are you wearing it for?
Best place to just buy some basic cheap plimsoles?
Original post by Mess.

Wedding party, not the wedding itself (it's an Indian wedding :tongue:).
Original post by Mess.

Exit fest. You are in tbf.
Original post by The Stig
Wedding party, not the wedding itself (it's an Indian wedding :tongue:).

White's a safe bet, but if it doesn't need to be that formal, I'd be tempted to go with a yellow/gold PS.

Latest