The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hash007
Tried them on in Gap but didn't like the flappy button pockets at back so I got some from Burton instead. Would chinos be okay for a smart look, need to go to a presentation tommorow. Thinking chinos with white shirt and maybe a cardigan too.

Generally just a terrible idea.

I don't like the idea of that outfit, go with a diff colour shirt - gingham check is nice. If it has to be properly smart, wear a suit. If not, wear trousers and a shirt and no tie. If you're going to a polo finals day, your chinos are fine.
Reply 1181
Original post by Redemption

Generally just a terrible idea.

I don't like the idea of that outfit, go with a diff colour shirt - gingham check is nice. If it has to be properly smart, wear a suit. If not, wear trousers and a shirt and no tie. If you're going to a polo finals day, your chinos are fine.

I made the mistake of buying a pair from Burton :facepalm2: I had to go back out and buy a pair from Jack Jones instead.
Reply 1182
anyone know any good places to find clothes for tall people? I'm 6 foot 7+ and XXL fits me nice, but like what would look good

kthxbye
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1183
Original post by efn
seen as a idiot moderator deleted my post for no apparent reason, i shall ask again;

anyone know any good places to find clothes for tall people? I'm 6 foot 7+ and XXL fits me nice, but like what would look good

kthxbye

http://www.highandmighty.co.uk/shop/?
Original post by efn
seen as a idiot moderator deleted my post for no apparent reason, i shall ask again;

kthxbye

Cad and the dandy for suits, stephen haratounin in fulham for shirts. Custom tailored is the only way you're not going to look swamped (unless you are tall and fat). Doesn't have to be prohibitive (Bespoke shirts for £69?).
Reply 1186
Can someone recommend a really nice high quality leather wallet, or somewhere where I can find some?
My current one is getting a bit tatty.
Reply 1187
Original post by -anti-anti-

made in japan, quality's ****ing boss =D.

Nice, what are they?
Original post by Stefan1991
Can someone recommend a really nice high quality leather wallet, or somewhere where I can find some?
My current one is getting a bit tatty.

What's your budget? I'll just suggest Mulberry otherwise...
Reply 1189
Original post by Pendulum
What's your budget? I'll just suggest Mulberry otherwise...

Possibly would like the wallet the same or slightly less expensive than the amount of money that is usually in it, so £50-£60 or lower is all I really want to spend.
Reply 1190

Possibly would like the wallet the same or slightly less expensive than the amount of money that is usually in it, so £50-£60 or lower is all I really want to spend.

Fossil or John Lewis?
I wish I could afford a nice watch :moon:

Do you have any particular requirements? Like a coin pocket, how many cards to hold etc? As someone said, Fossil, John Lewis, M&S (if you can hack that being on your wallet), Diesel, Calvin Klein. To be fair most wallets at £50-60 will be much the same.
(edited 12 years ago)
Nice, what are they?

They're by the Japanese brand "Hobo" (best name ever) and they're called Hobo Canvas Leather Boots.
Im looking for a casual light blue sweater.ive seen a ligh blue franklin and marshall one, but im not keen on the price or the brand. It looks something like this :
http://www.asos.com/Franklin-Marshall/Franklin-Marshall-Basic-Crest-Crew-Sweat/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1477730&cid=5668&sh=0&pge=5&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Bluette

Can anyone recommend me something similar to this?
quite broad in my asking here, but i was wondering if anyone knows of any grey chino/jeans/cargos that are tapered for £20 or under (inclusive of any discounts). or maybe some black jeans. been looking around but cant seem to find much decent atm, dont want to spend too much. oh preferable not drop crotch or carrot legged but if they are just post them anyway! thanks for your help, ill carry on looking to see if i can find anything
Reply 1196
Original post by hihihi!!!
quite broad in my asking here, but i was wondering if anyone knows of any grey chino/jeans/cargos that are tapered for £20 or under (inclusive of any discounts). or maybe some black jeans. been looking around but cant seem to find much decent atm, dont want to spend too much. oh preferable not drop crotch or carrot legged but if they are just post them anyway! thanks for your help, ill carry on looking to see if i can find anything

Got a good pair from burton..look nice and good quality, not to expensive either
Original post by 1471dan
Got a good pair from burton..look nice and good quality, not to expensive either

hmm, just looked. mustve missed them. can you link them please?
Reply 1198
Can I in any way attempt to instigate a global ban on anyone wearing alpargatas that don't play polo (or have spent time in SA)? Especially tom's. £40 for an item that costs £12 everywhere on the internet.

I've done neither. So why does this ban me from wearing those shoes? :confused:
Original post by gCp
I've done neither. So why does this ban me from wearing those shoes? :confused:

Because they aren't particularly attractive, good for your feet (if you aren't riding that is, but that's a whole other kettle of fish), and toms cost £40 whereas alpagartas from sa cost £10, but the only way you can get a pair is to shop at a polo store.

Also because stylistic choices have implications. If I wear a chalkstripe blazer I say that I am either a wideboy or a hedge fund manager with a paunch. I am not these things, so I do not wear them. If I wear a tweed blazer, it implies old money and/or respect for old world charm - since I might have the second, a tweed blazer MIGHT be wearable (but I still think I'm too young).

Get the hang?

Original post by PlasticBag
Im looking for a casual light blue sweater.ive seen a ligh blue franklin and marshall one, but im not keen on the price or the brand. It looks something like this :
http://www.asos.com/Franklin-Marshall/Franklin-Marshall-Basic-Crest-Crew-Sweat/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1477730&cid=5668&sh=0&pge=5&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Bluette

Can anyone recommend me something similar to this?

Gap pima cotton sweater, on sale atm.

Latest