The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Hmm, hey guys. Well, since chinos are all the rage I've been thinking i might try myself at a pair. However though, I have rather large legs and a jutty ass tbfh. I don't like the look of beige/mustard chinos, I prefer like dark coloured, kinda like navy, but would anyone have any recommendations on where to buy and what kind? Preferably something loose, not too baggy but not tight. I can spend up to around £30 :]

Also, what kinda shoes/upper body wear should I wear with chinos? I'm a big fan of polos and minimalistic t-shirts if that helps :] Thanks guys!
Original post by Yawshi
Hmm, hey guys. Well, since chinos are all the rage I've been thinking i might try myself at a pair. However though, I have rather large legs and a jutty ass tbfh. I don't like the look of beige/mustard chinos, I prefer like dark coloured, kinda like navy, but would anyone have any recommendations on where to buy and what kind? Preferably something loose, not too baggy but not tight. I can spend up to around £30 :]

Also, what kinda shoes/upper body wear should I wear with chinos? I'm a big fan of polos and minimalistic t-shirts if that helps :] Thanks guys!

Uniqlo chinos are nice simple fit, not too tapered but not baggy either. They fit better up top than other similarly priced brands and I have similarly large thighs etc.

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/066979#colorSelect
http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/066970#colorSelect

Simple T-shirts and polo's are fine to go with them also. Desert/chukka boots, boat shoes etc. are fine for your feet.
(edited 12 years ago)
Finally got around to getting some timberland boat shoes today! They're brown ones and at £31 down from £90 - Don't mind if I do! :biggrin:
Anyone used the Clinique 3-step system before? Any good?
Reply 1584
Original post by George K
Finally got around to getting some timberland boat shoes today! They're brown ones and at £31 down from £90 - Don't mind if I do! :biggrin:

Holy smokes thats cheap!!! Where? Lol :smile:

I got some Sperry's the other day - the pain my Visa felt was unbelievable!
Original post by TueJun
Holy smokes thats cheap!!! Where? Lol :smile:

I got some Sperry's the other day - the pain my Visa felt was unbelievable!

I'm afraid to say I found them in Tkmaxx. I don't usually go in there, but I'd been in all the shops I wanted to, so I was waiting with my mum, I decided I'd go and look at the shoes, and there they were :biggrin:
Reply 1586
I'm about to get quite a lot of stuff from Banana Republic on account of my new job there. So far I've decided on chinos (one pair a camel brown colour one a grey/blue colour), a pair of blue suede boat shoes (not a big fan of suede boat shoes but they're comfy enough for work and super cheap thanks to my discount) and a linen shirt.

It's nice being able to justify buying nice clothes for work :sexface:
Original post by paddy
I'm about to get quite a lot of stuff from Banana Republic on account of my new job there. So far I've decided on chinos (one pair a camel brown colour one a grey/blue colour), a pair of blue suede boat shoes (not a big fan of suede boat shoes but they're comfy enough for work and super cheap thanks to my discount) and a linen shirt.

It's nice being able to justify buying nice clothes for work :sexface:

I thought you worked for a tech company or something?

I'm about to head out to NY for a month on my Bank's training scheme... J. Crew, RL, Bloomingdales and Saks are probably going to get quite used to the sight of me I think ha.
Original post by Brotherhood
Anyone used the Clinique 3-step system before? Any good?

I did, but I've moved away from it.
Right now I just use Cetaphil, an exfoliator containing BHA, a sensitive skin moisturizer and a very high filter sunblock (either 30 or 50)
Reply 1590
What goes well with stone coloured chinos? And what kind of shoes - will plain black vains work with it?
Reply 1591
Original post by Jimi Haze
I thought you worked for a tech company or something?

I'm about to head out to NY for a month on my Bank's training scheme... J. Crew, RL, Bloomingdales and Saks are probably going to get quite used to the sight of me I think ha.

IBM, but it was a year in industry so I'm going back to uni in October. I'm taking this job at Banana Republic so that I can continue to pay my bills :yep:

Also the fact that I get a bunch of nice clothes at 50-75% (and a suit at cost price) off doesn't hurt. I've never shopped there before but they have a buttload of nice stuff, plus the next collection is apparently designed by the costume designer for the tv show Mad Men :holmes:
Reply 1592
Original post by paddy

Original post by paddy
IBM, but it was a year in industry so I'm going back to uni in October. I'm taking this job at Banana Republic so that I can continue to pay my bills :yep:

Also the fact that I get a bunch of nice clothes at 50-75% (and a suit at cost price) off doesn't hurt. I've never shopped there before but they have a buttload of nice stuff, plus the next collection is apparently designed by the costume designer for the tv show Mad Men :holmes:

Really :holmes: I hope there are some decent pieces for you to have a look at then.
Reply 1594
Getting money off the mother to go out and buy clothes for uni want some smart clubbing stuff any ideas?
Original post by efn
What goes well with stone coloured chinos? And what kind of shoes - will plain black vains work with it?

Hush puppies are good
This shirt arived today:

Spoiler

I love it.
Reply 1597
Original post by alevelsguy
This shirt arived today:

Spoiler

I love it.

How obscenely garish. If you paid full price for that, I pity you.
Reply 1598

Original post by Scott129
They look good for the price :thumbsup:

Thank you! They are quite good quality to - by what I've read in feedback.

I'm going to take the punt I think.
Reply 1599
It's official, chinos are dead.

Latest