The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by jabed786
Awesome, is there any sort of customs tax?

If importing from US to UK:

20% VAT on total value of shipment including the shipping price

12% Duty on total value if it is worth more than £135

£8 handling fee from the customs agency DHL use

It can easily work out to be more expensive once you take all costs into account, specially when the UK site now does flat £10 shipping, while the US site is >$50.
Original post by Scott129
I was looking at this earlier. If you don't mind the logo and the buttons aren't that brown....

http://www.lyleandscott.com/high-neck-cardigan/knitwear/eagle/fcp-product/524

thanks alot for the effort, honestly...

but I'm looking for a smart cardigan, akin to the one in this pic

have asked a few times but no-one aside from you has suggested anything
:frown:
Reply 1782
The coat.

Original post by thewiseone
thanks alot for the effort, honestly...

but I'm looking for a smart cardigan, akin to the one in this pic

have asked a few times but no-one aside from you has suggested anything
:frown:

Ah, fair enough. If you're still struggling to find one, you could just buy a beige cardigan and then replace the buttons. It might work out cheaper that way depending on where you buy the cardigan.
Reply 1786
I recently bought some vans authentics but cannot stand wearing no socks, so what sort of socks do people reccomend when wearing shorts as you can see allot of the trainer socks so it doesnt look great :frown:

Also in need of some casual trainers or converse etc, i like these but i can only imagine how bad they would look even after a couple of wears, anything better people recommend?
http://www.office.co.uk/mens/nike/coast_classic/21/10318/27644/1/1?fs=10318
Reply 1787
Original post by DrMute

Original post by DrMute
I recently bought some vans authentics but cannot stand wearing no socks, so what sort of socks do people reccomend when wearing shorts as you can see allot of the trainer socks so it doesnt look great :frown:

Also in need of some casual trainers or converse etc, i like these but i can only imagine how bad they would look even after a couple of wears, anything better people recommend?
http://www.office.co.uk/mens/nike/coast_classic/21/10318/27644/1/1?fs=10318

Just get ankle/sports socks. Where the curve rests under your ankle.
Reply 1788
cowsforsale
x

I was shown a ridiculously quick way of getting a mirror shine by a guy in work.
Basically rub a thin layer of the polish on with your finger. Let it settle for a minute or two and then get it back off with your finger, with a sort of slapping/dragging motion.

After 4 layers it had a better mirror shine than I had achieved with anything else. It is so easy to repair as well.
Reply 1789
Original post by Mess.
Just get ankle/sports socks. Where the curve rests under your ankle.

Its more that the tongue of the vans doesnt come very high up, anyone found any super low cut socks at a reasonable price, the only ones i have found are calvin klien for £15 for 3 pairs!

Also anyone please reccommend some nice trainers XD
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1790
Original post by DrMute

Original post by DrMute
Its more that the tongue of the vans doesnt come very high up, anyone found any super low cut socks at a reasonable price, the only ones i have found are calvin klien for £15 for 3 pairs!

Get fake CKs from a market stall. I know the ones you mean and they are really good :h:

I would have thought Vans would be incredibly comfy without socks though :beard:
Reply 1791
Original post by Mess.
Get fake CKs from a market stall. I know the ones you mean and they are really good :h:

I would have thought Vans would be incredibly comfy without socks though :beard:

What market would sell them, i live in london.
I think its because im between sizes so they are a little big, so they rub more :frown:
Reply 1792
Original post by DrMute

Original post by DrMute
What market would sell them, i live in london.
I think its because im between sizes so they are a little big, so they rub more :frown:

:rofl: Any market if you live in London. Should be the easiest place in England to get them.
Are 'Toms' Espadrilles worth it? Also are the sizes true and confortable? Am thinking in investing some for a holiday to Spain in a couple weeks..
Reply 1794
Original post by Rich_183

Are 'Toms' Espadrilles worth it? Also are the sizes true and confortable? Am thinking in investing some for a holiday to Spain in a couple weeks..

Tbh whilst I am not a great fan of the look and they are pretty pointless in England.
They are perfect for a holiday in Spain. They are light, cover your feet and aren't as annoying to wear as flip flops.
Reply 1795
Original post by DrMute

Also anyone please reccommend some nice trainers XD

tkmaxx?? I got 3 pairs of them for £6. They are really comfy and very low so you barely see them.
Reply 1796
Original post by DrMute

These ones are fantastic. Completely invisible no matter what shoes you're wearing, and very comfortable. I have several pairs now and can't recommend them enough:

http://www.oipolloi.com/Store/OiPolloi-DII-48-63-falke+extra+low+invisible+sock+white.html
Hoping someone here can help me out...

I'm looking for somewhere to buy a new casual jacket. I saw some guy wearing this brick-red/maroon military style jacket but no idea where I would find something similar. If someone knows what I'm talking about would be awesome if you could point me in the right direction...

Look for a pair of alpargatas from a polo supplier if you really want some. £15
edit: So I NEVER change any of my posts because of rep but even I will admit that the jacket looked a bit dodgy on the model.

Find below a different ensemble that I think will be :coma: for this winter.

particularly the shearling jacket
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest