The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Anyone applied to Dundee University 2011 Biomedical Science?

Anyone applied to Dundee University 2011 Biomedical Science? Conditional, Unconditional or rejected please say :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I applied for Biomedical Sciences at Dundee for this year :smile: I got an unconditional ! How about you ?
I'm coming from France so I'm very nervous :frown:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
well i applied for biochemistry but they're kinda the same but I'm gonna go for neuroscience. I just thought biochemistyr might have less competition than biomed haha

unconditional thankfully!
haha ok :biggrin: Neuroscience sounds great ! We do a bit of it in Biomed I think .. :smile:
Have you ever been to Dundee before ?
Reply 4
nope i was awaiting glasgows response (rejection) and just had investigation work to do! but man im glad i didn't get any conditions because im about to fail chemistry :frown:

might take biomed and neuroscience... just dunno what to do later on!
Yeah I know what you mean ... ! I don't know either ! I chose biomed because it was the closest thing to the subjects I studied in medicine in France but I'm not sure what I want to do later !

When do you sit your exams ? You in England or Scotland ?
Reply 6
cool you have good english! i got a condiotional for anatomy and physiology :smile: im hoping to do dentistry afterwards. so unfair though they are asking me to get ABBB and int 2 C in english when the entry requirements in the prospectus are BBBB and i have all the essential subjects -.-
what accomidation you guys wanting to go to then? xx
Oooh that is harsh ! Hope you do well though :smile: I got an unconditional for anatomy and physiology :smile: :smile: But I decided to go for Biomed ! It was a tuff decision !
Oh, I'm scottish that's why :smile: But I've lived in France for 15 years !
I'm hesitating between West Park and Belmont or Heathfield ! There's a bit too many people in West park (10 per villa) , but being far would allow me to keep exercising :biggrin: ( Or just take the bus .. haha ).
What about you ?
Reply 8
hope you get your grades mate! and I'm in Scotland. sat maths already and got chem tomorrow which I#ll probs fail unfortunately then bio to go. AH's suck :frown:

and for me its gonna be belmont flats and heathfield
(edited 12 years ago)
Well hopefully you'll do okay in your exams too then ! Sure chem will go fine :biggrin:
Reply 10
ooo cool :smile: ive heard Heathfield is the best from other students :biggrin: good idea for west park but i doubt you'll be saying that when it comes to winter haha :P what you guys doing for a job? i was thinking about doing a lifeguard course then working at the ISE place but yo're never guranteed a job after the course :/ u guys drive? :smile::smile:
i have no idea about jobs :frown: I'm just bad at everything! lol I hope there's like a job that requires some muscle (moving stuff etc.) probs what I'm best suited at.... wouldn't mind the job at all!

too lazy to drive :s-smilie: might start in summer but with the broken wrist for the past odd 9 months driving wasn't an option anyways
I've been too busy these past couple of years to learn how to drive ! But I may learn this year :smile: I don't really need a car in the city ! There's buses :biggrin:
Yeah I think I may go to Belmont or Heathfield tbh :smile:
I have no idea for a job either ! I'll have to see once I get there :biggrin:
Only just saw this thread but i'm biomed too :smile:
Oh really ? :smile: Where are you applying to for Halls ?
Original post by AimeeStrasbourg
Oh really ? :smile: Where are you applying to for Halls ?

Not 100% but i would quite like belmont as they are pretty close to the life sciences part :tongue: how about you? it's really cool to see someone from france joining us! are you feeling nervous about coming over to scotland?
belmont and heathfield seem like good places so I'm probs applying for these 2 and hope I get them
Original post by bescientific69
Not 100% but i would quite like belmont as they are pretty close to the life sciences part :tongue: how about you? it's really cool to see someone from france joining us! are you feeling nervous about coming over to scotland?

Yeah Belmont is very close to life sciences :biggrin: Very practical !
I'm a bit nervous ! I've visited Scotland quite a bit over the years so I know it quite well :smile: I'm worried about the culture shock though ! There are a few things that are very different in Scotland .. !
Where abouts are you from ?
Original post by AimeeStrasbourg
Yeah Belmont is very close to life sciences :biggrin: Very practical !
I'm a bit nervous ! I've visited Scotland quite a bit over the years so I know it quite well :smile: I'm worried about the culture shock though ! There are a few things that are very different in Scotland .. !
Where abouts are you from ?

I'm from st andrews so i'm only 15 minutes away from dundee :tongue: i've heard a few people around dundee speaking french so you won't be totally alone!
Oh I love St Andrews !! Ive got family there ! :smile: My brother studies physics there too, he's in 4th year :smile:
Oh can't wait to meet them then ! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending