The Student Room Group

Made in Chelsea

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Consilio Et Animis
Does it annoy anyone else how Hugo is always like bouncing/bopping around? He just can't seem to stay still, it's like he's really uncomfortable all the time :s-smilie:

This subject was brought up earlier in the thread, and it was concluded that he's a cocaine addict or desperate to go to the toilet (both amounting to much the same thing in a way).
Original post by emmanottinghil
but it gives TOWIE a run.

I'd say it's better. TOWIE got a bit boring after a while with the extremely limited intelligence of the participants. Making the people in MIC almost look intelligent. Half the people in TOWIE could hardly string a sentence together, and the fashion victim style upward question intonations were really annoying after a bit. However MIC is now veering towards this, with half the participants saying "like" every third word and slowly developing aforementioned upward question intonation.

UQI - funny how a real thick as **** prom queen style "tick" (such as UQI) which makes the user seem like they have an IQ of about 0.5, should catch on so vigorously here in the UK, plus use of the word "like". Do we really want to be American secretly? (Not to menton the Ali G type speak that almost everyone under 35 seems to do at the moment). Am I weird NOT talking like that? Does that make me not a proper young person?

If posh people like MIC are using them, then they surely have reached every nook and cranny now.

All you sheeple on here that use the word "like" and upward question intonation as kind of "tick" in real life - well, you know who you are!
It does NOT sound good.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by frankieboy

If posh people like MIC are using them, then they surely have reached every nook and cranny now.

All you sheeple on here that use the word "like" and upward question intonation as kind of "tick" in real life - well, you know who you are!
It does NOT sound good.

I wish TSR was audio, then we could all hear each other doing iiittt. << Upward intonation.

I just think Rosie and Millie and Amber and others sound really flat and dull, kind of like they haven't even been told to *try* to sound interesting. But it's more than made up for by Caggy and Agne and Francis and Ollie and Mark Francis. The discussion about eating arrangments between MF and A at his villa will be seen in future years as rather a monument in the history of sonaff-it's-nuts TV.
Original post by emmanottinghil
I wish TSR was audio, then we could all hear each other doing iiittt. << Upward intonation.

Yeah it's also suprising how people don't even realise they're doing it until it's pointed out to them. Even then they don't seem able to stop.

or should I say...

Yeah it's also like suprising how people like don't even realise they're doing it??? until it's like pointed out to them???. Even then they like don't seem able to like stop???

I agree about the disinterest thing, although I do find Millie's slight aloofness and disinterest quite sexy in a funny sort of way.

I'm strangley warming to Mark Francis. He is obviously an alien. And perhaps the most genuine sloane ranger out of the lot.

As for Amber (the girl who owns the jewellery thing right?) - where did they get that nasty little horrible piece of work from? I think the fact that Hugo actually took her out, and had to DECIDE between Rosie and Millie officially makes him the man with the least taste in women on the face on the planet.
He's a buffoon. Whereas he should be a shower or a Cad/Bounder in his position.
Brat pack he certainly ain't.

Spencer is beginning to sound permanently like he's on some kind of tranquiliser.
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Has anyone ever seen Spencer and David Brent in the same room?

I just texted this comment to my mum as she thinks Spencer is a god. She is outraged. :rofl:
I swear the people in Towie are just as rich as those in Made in Chelsea...
Can't wait to hear Caggie's acoustic version of S&M...
Reply 387
Original post by anoushka1
LOL this is exactly why I watch it, its so terrible its just bloody hilarious

Why would anyone use the phrase 'totes man totes' arggggghhh

You clearly haven't seen any recent episode.

Original post by Consilio Et Animis
Does it annoy anyone else how Hugo is always like bouncing/bopping around? He just can't seem to stay still, it's like he's really uncomfortable all the time :s-smilie:

So the possibility of him being an active guy is ruled out then? I would imagine moving around a lot would indicate happiness.

Original post by Inadequatedreams
I swear the people in Towie are just as rich as those in Made in Chelsea...

Doubt it. I'm not saying that the MIC cast are rich, but they seem to come from a stand of wealth ('old-money') whereas the Towie cast seem to be the definition of Chav. I'd say towie are more like working-class rich, MIC are upper-class poor.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Baller

Original post by Baller

Doubt it. I'm not saying that the MIC cast are rich, but they seem to come from a stand of wealth ('old-money') whereas the Towie cast seem to be the definition of Chav. I'd say towie are more like working-class rich, MIC are upper-class poor.

Fair does, tbh, isnt money just money? (doesnt neccesarily have to be associated with certain classes ) :smile:

I'm strangley warming to Mark Francis. He is obviously an alien. And perhaps the most genuine sloane ranger out of the lot.

Agree, Mark Francis, Agne and Caggy (Caggie?) are becoming the clear winners of the show. Actually i think they could have their own sofa-based chat show and interview people from other Reality TV shows. In Cannes, of course, with frequent departures to Italy in order to eat, as even the most basic foods are unavailable in Cannes itself.
Reply 390
Why dont Ollie and Mark francis sleep together, theyd be well suited.
Original post by Rozzo89
Why dont Ollie and Mark francis sleep together, theyd be well suited.

mb because dey not reli gay????
Fredrick's a bit Larry Grayson as well if you ask me. 3 of them = gay spitroast. I understand that's the kind of thing they get up to in Chelsea, right? Perhaps Francesca and Shaggy could serenade them while they cooked the pig in a kind of duet between a sloane ranger attempting Jamaican Patois (Shaggy) and Gorgoyle with hot poker up it's arse (Francesca). Meanwhile Agne and Mark whatsit could be having a Cordon Beu meal in the corner. I understand there's a possibility this may be happening in next Mondays episode, so stay tuned, pop pickers.
Original post by Inadequatedreams
Fair does, tbh, isnt money just money? (doesnt neccesarily have to be associated with certain classes ) :smile:

Technically it does actually. I understand income plays an important part in the official assesment of class nowadays. Culture used to outweigh it to a certain degree but not anymore. Could be wrong though.

Technically it does actually. I understand income plays an important part in the official assesment of class nowadays. Culture used to outweigh it to a certain degree but not anymore. Could be wrong though.

:smile: yeahh fair say,, but i was disputing the referral of the Towie people who appear to be rich as, chavs/lower class rich people, and those in MIC as upper class...(i was trying to say if both sets have money, why divide them into two different classes?)
:smile:,, & and what i previously said, wasn't trying to say that income has no link to class etc... :smile:
Editt** when i say money i mean wealth**** :L :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rozzo89
I think Funda is the most attractive, yes. Caggie has the most horrendous laugh, its like a smokers cough/laugh. Really husky voice though. Amillie has a cute face, but Funda has that edge. Francis is ok, I want to knwo where that CJ guy has gone - he went to school with my uni friend.

Who's CJ??
Original post by Cheshire_Cat
Who's CJ??

The bloke who had the shooting competition with Spencer when Spencer shot his rifle into the ground by mistake.
The bloke who had the shooting competition with Spencer when Spencer shot his rifle into the ground by mistake.

Ahh yes :tongue:
Reply 398
Caggie wasn't interested therefore not needed on the show.
So addictive! Anyone else think Millie is amazing in every single way?

Quick Reply

Latest