The Student Room Group

Made in Chelsea

Scroll to see replies

Made in Chelsea is quite possibly one of the most inane things I've seen in my life but I couldn't stop watching it when it aired. None of them are even hot which makes the inanity even more painful! :rolleyes: :tongue:
Original post by gingerrama
Hate to say it but if Ollie cut his hair and stopped wearing makeup/fake tan/ridiculous clothes he'd be really hot.

I was like :eek: when I first saw him because I thought he looked a bit like a Disney prince (no judging! :tongue:) and then he spoke and I don't see the potential anymore. :sad: :tongue:
The are Chelsea wannabees, not genuine Chelsea-babies. This show is like The Apprentice - none of the people are really what they claim. A lot of the interiors look quite cheap actually.
That article in the Mail is a hoot - it's all soooo staged. I think it should be called Chelseaenders.

Wonder why they couldn't make a programme about the real Chelsea?
Reply 85
Original post by emmanottinghil
That article in the Mail is a hoot - it's all soooo staged. I think it should be called Chelseaenders.

Wonder why they couldn't make a programme about the real Chelsea?

I think its because the people who live in "real Chelsea" probably wouldn't want their personal lives and their reputations ruined.

Most people with real wealth and connections have been told from a young age to keep their lives out of the press.

My friend attends a prestigious New York prep school, and when there was the equivalent of Made in Chelsea (called NYC Prep) the really good schools didn't have any kids on the programme for that reason.
Yeah, EnVogue is right, it couldn't really be made unless maybe it was done somehow very discreetly.

Milly seems nicer than the others (and maybe Amber) in that she actually seems to be a little bit genuine but they both sound either South of the River or somewhere Eastish (Hackney?) to me - can't be certain, just they sound that way.
well amber didn't actually live in england until a few years ago (know this for a fact), and she attended benenden whilst living in HK, thus she has a cross of RP and international accent. she is just using the show to promote her jewelry website 'the whole chelsea thing really isn't me' - yes it isn't anyone who the producers wanted on the show.

her and francis seem like the only relatively intelligent ones, using the show to heighten their profiles.
Oh that explains. I thought Francis seemed a nice person.
Giving the show a second chance with this second episode. It hasn't annoyed me so much as the first episode so far...
Reply 90
Hmm I quite like Hugo...
Caggie looks prettier in this episode - maybe she had a good facial and her eye makeup is better.
Hugo seems a cool guy.
Caggie seems like a nice girl this episode - refusing to go with Spencer due to Funda.
Ollie though - eyelash curlers, really and you're telling me he's not gay?
Ollie is so for sure Gaydar-detected. Hope he doesn't mind us saying so.

Best line so far

"I just got in from Damascus".

"oh, ok."
Ollie is so for sure Gaydar-detected. Hope he doesn't mind us saying so.

Best line so far

"I just got in from Damascus".

"oh, ok."

loooool this.

Every cast of Made in Chelsea is annoying me. :angry:
I swear this Francis guy actually carries that CEO name-plate around with him, first we seen it in his actual office, then in the meeting room. Does he want to make sure we know he's the CEO?
Also Amber is it? Thinks that she is the hottest girl on the planet when she's not even close to winning the award for hottest girl on the show? Hugo's out of your league? Yeah if so he's a few leagues above...
How hasn't Ollie realised is girlfriend is pissed off or even why. Damn he's stupid, however she's annoying me she must've said I'm fine around 20 times.
(edited 12 years ago)
I am watching it with friends and one of my friends who knows about these things says that his diamond business is incredibly unlikely unless he is (a) trafficking illegal blood diamonds, which would naturally be appalling and not something to put on a mainstream TV show or (b) it's all boll****. I wonder which.
I am watching it with friends and one of my friends who knows about these things says that his diamond business is incredibly unlikely unless he is (a) trafficking illegal blood diamonds, which would naturally be appalling and not something to put on a mainstream TV show or (b) it's all boll****. I wonder which.

he doesn't run a diamond business, he is just heir to a diamond business (his dad's max boulle, look him up). he has his own 'business' which dabbles in a lot of things.
Spencer is a prat!
Oh yes - thanks for setting this right!

Original post by toofaforu
he doesn't run a diamond business, he is just heir to a diamond business (his dad's max boulle, look him up). he has his own 'business' which dabbles in a lot of things.

Quick Reply

Latest