The Student Room Group

WJEC Psychology - PY2

Scroll to see replies

ive spent the past hour looking at patterns in the exams and by the looks of it gibson an walk WILL definitley come up as probably methadology.
in my opinion
aims and context - gardner and gardner
procedures - milgrim
findings and conclusions - asch
methadology - gibson and walk
alternate research - langer and rodin
alternate research - rosenhan

i'll be back 3 o clock tomorrow for my medal.
Original post by jakka93
ive spent the past hour looking at patterns in the exams and by the looks of it gibson an walk WILL definitley come up as probably methadology.
in my opinion
procedures - milgrim

Just be careful, WJEC have been known to repeat the same questions so you can't predict what will come up completely accurately.
Bah I hate stratified and systematic sampling, I hope one of the research methods questions will be opportunity sampling :sad:
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
Just be careful, WJEC have been known to repeat the same questions so you can't predict what will come up completely accurately.

i know what you mean, but its safe to say the methadology won't be buss or milgrim as they are the only ones that have been repeated , also the past 4 exams there has been two methodology questions which is quite offputting whether they'll stick to that or choose two alternate research
Original post by jakka93
i know what you mean, but its safe to say the methadology won't be buss or milgrim as they are the only ones that have been repeated , also the past 4 exams there has been two methodology questions which is quite offputting whether they'll stick to that or choose two alternate research

Yeah, there are some which are very unlikely to come up as you say but skim read them just in case they're feeling mean! Good luck with tomorrow :smile:
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
Yeah, there are some which are very unlikely to come up as you say but skim read them just in case they're feeling mean! Good luck with tomorrow :smile:

i just go into an exam with a sense of confidence(false or not)/arrogance now days xD , i think its working though , the exams seem easy :biggrin: , good luck yourself, hope you get your desired grade :biggrin:
Apparently it has been 2 methodology, 1 alternative evidence for each exam. I hope they don't change it - I find it very easy to do a methodology question in less than 15 minutes, giving me a bit longer to do the alternative evidence which seems to take a lot longer. It's going to be so hard to finish in time if they put in two alternative evidence.
Original post by jakka93
i just go into an exam with a sense of confidence(false or not)/arrogance now days xD , i think its working though , the exams seem easy :biggrin: , good luck yourself, hope you get your desired grade :biggrin:

Thanks, I'm doing PY4 in a couple of weeks but I found PY2 quite easy compared to the first exam! Once you get in there it will come flooding back to you.
Reply 28
Original post by jakka93
in my opinion
procedures - milgrim

2/6. A good try but no medal for you.
Original post by Arcanen
2/6. A good try but no medal for you.

if i'd have swapped langer with gibson it would have been impressive.
although to be fair it would have been 3 if i had predicted two methadologiies
oohhh noooo i started question 4, got really happy i was doing it well and wrote a full page, and realised i was writing about gibson and walk instead of langer and rodin, i fuuuckkked up :[
I think I did ok. Hoping for an A, but I'd be happy with a B. I was happy with the questions, except the alternative evidence, I managed to do 2 but couldn't for the life of me remember the others, it was the only one I couldn't remember at least four pieces of alternative evidence for :sad: But I did question 7 for the research methods and found that one pretty easy. I was actually really pleased that Asch came up for findings and conclusions and Buss for methodology, because I wrote so much for those two :awesome: And I remembered pretty much everything for the context of Gardner and Gardner; especially Vicki the chimp :biggrin:
Reply 32
I really thought I did okay today, apparently I only need something like 65% (something like that, haha) to get an A because I got a B (2 marks off an A, gutted!) in the PY1 exam.

Actually sort of enjoyed doing it, I just get into it and I knew far more than I thought I did, my brain just sort of fell out onto the page.

Would have preferred Asch to have been procedures, as I remembered percentages for that and everything :biggrin: but oh well, had a sigh of relief once I saw the questions, and question 7 wasn't so bad, thought I knew more about experiments than I did about correlational studies, let's hope I was right :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by madders94
I think I did ok. Hoping for an A, but I'd be happy with a B. I was happy with the questions, except the alternative evidence, I managed to do 2 but couldn't for the life of me remember the others, it was the only one I couldn't remember at least four pieces of alternative evidence for :sad: But I did question 7 for the research methods and found that one pretty easy. I was actually really pleased that Asch came up for findings and conclusions and Buss for methodology, because I wrote so much for those two :awesome: And I remembered pretty much everything for the context of Gardner and Gardner; especially Vicki the chimp :biggrin:

"mama" "papa" "cup" and "up" right? :P
Original post by just_so
"mama" "papa" "cup" and "up" right? :P

Yep :gah:
Reply 35
Original post by jakka93
in my opinion
procedures - milgrim

LOL, one of out five 'aint bad :wink:
Original post by Flan!
LOL, one of out five 'aint bad :wink:

Two :tongue:

Gardner and Gardner - Aims and Context
Asch - Findings
Reply 37
Original post by madders94
Two :tongue:

Gardner and Gardner - Aims and Context
Asch - Findings

Ah, true! :smile:. Well done I suppose!
Original post by Flan!
Ah, true! :smile:. Well done I suppose!

Well, it wasn't me who predicted it but thanks :wink: :awesome: hehe I'm kidding.

My ideal one would have been three Milgram questions followed by three Asch questions, but I'm fairly happy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending