The Student Room Group

Slipping off on conditional offer

Im currently studying under the LSE external diploma, and I have a conditional offer to do year 2 economics in bristol uni, with grades needed to achieve : 50% 50 50, and as the usual offer goes I think you need to pass the other unspecified subjects am I right? however im just about to finish my exams and im pretty sure i'll fail to meet one of the 50%, as well as fail one of the unspecified subjects. I would like to know what are my chances of getting a successful appeal? what are the factors that will come into play? im hoping something like accepting my appeal on the grounds that i meet certain cgpas at the uni or retaking certain subjects. a little help please? im really want to enter bristol :frown:

touch wood, lets say my appeal was unsuccessful and i decide to retake my first year and reapply UCAS to bristol, will my chances of getting the conditional offer diminish? or will i stand just as good a chance? also will i have to resit all the subjects or can I just resit the ones i've not met the previous requirements for and submit the results along with the previous requirement-met grades?

thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Lswk
Im currently studying under the LSE external diploma, and I have a conditional offer to do year 2 economics in bristol uni, with grades needed to achieve : 50% 50 50, and as the usual offer goes I think you need to pass the other unspecified subjects am I right? however im just about to finish my exams and im pretty sure i'll fail to meet one of the 50%, as well as fail one of the unspecified subjects. I would like to know what are my chances of getting a successful appeal? what are the factors that will come into play? im hoping something like accepting my appeal on the grounds that i meet certain cgpas at the uni or retaking certain subjects. a little help please? im really want to enter bristol :frown:

touch wood, lets say my appeal was unsuccessful and i decide to retake my first year and reapply UCAS to bristol, will my chances of getting the conditional offer diminish? or will i stand just as good a chance? also will i have to resit all the subjects or can I just resit the ones i've not met the previous requirements for and submit the results along with the previous requirement-met grades?

thank you
If you aren't absolutely clear about the terms of your offer from Bristol they are the only people who can clarify it for you.

If by "Appeal" you mean whether they will take you anyway if you don't meet your offer conditions, frankly I doubt it, but you would have to ask them. If there are genuine extenuating circumstances to account for not getting the required grades you would have to discuss with Bristol what evidence of these they would be willing to take into account - but they don't have to. You will need to tell them about these before your results are published, by the way - afterwards will be too late.

As to your prospects if you miss your offer - there is the possibility that LSE would not allow you to retake the year or elements of it. Usually the course regulations will mean that you can't if you have passed the year as a whole, even if you didn't get the grades required for transferring to Bristol. You'd need to check with Bristol what their view would be about applying with resit results.
Reply 2
Ok thanks, I've checked with the office and they said you can't retake subjects you've already passed. Thanks for the heads up! I'll find out what to do next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending