The Student Room Group

Missing one of my GCSE results slip from last year, college enrolment in a week

So I have all of my GCSE results slip (and the certificate for my English resit), but I am missing the results slip that lists my AQA English La (pre-resit), LIT, photography and geography.

I am due to be (re)enrolled to my college for a new course in a week's time, and the email sent by the college explicitly says that I will be unable to enroll without my GCSE results (in this case my results are incomplete)

I was also never given any certificates from my old school either, which I am sure they said will be sent through 1st class post in November and its not like I moved house and failed to notify the school.

I have contacted the school's examination office through email, but still waiting for a reply. If and when they do reply, would they be able to reprint another copy of my missing results if they still have them on file from last year, or could there be a chance they have my certificates and never bothered to send them or make contact with me?

I have all my important documents including my passport kept in an envelope but obviously this one piece of paper has gone missing and time is running out!
Original post by Jack Spank9049
So I have all of my GCSE results slip (and the certificate for my English resit), but I am missing the results slip that lists my AQA English La (pre-resit), LIT, photography and geography.

I am due to be (re)enrolled to my college for a new course in a week's time, and the email sent by the college explicitly says that I will be unable to enroll without my GCSE results (in this case my results are incomplete)

I was also never given any certificates from my old school either, which I am sure they said will be sent through 1st class post in November and its not like I moved house and failed to notify the school.

I have contacted the school's examination office through email, but still waiting for a reply. If and when they do reply, would they be able to reprint another copy of my missing results if they still have them on file from last year, or could there be a chance they have my certificates and never bothered to send them or make contact with me?

I have all my important documents including my passport kept in an envelope but obviously this one piece of paper has gone missing and time is running out!

Can I just confirm that you have retaken English Language, and what you're missing is evidence of the original (pre-resit) result, although you have evidence in the form of a certificate of your current (post-resit) result. I would have thought that would be fine. Why would they need evidence of an old result which has been superseded?

However, it sounds like you have zero evidence of your GCSEs in English Literature, Photography and Geography. Is that right? Was entry to the college dependent on these three GCSEs, either because the entry conditions specify them by name or because they're needed to meet some "At least X GCSEs at grade Y or above" condition?

What could also potentially be an issue is that you only have result slips rather than certificates for most of your GCSEs. In the e-mail from college, have then been specific about exactly what they want to see? Have they mentioned the terms "results slip" or "certificate"?

Finally, I'm a little confused by the timing and your use of the word "(re)enrolled". Did you enroll into this college to do one or more GCSE resits and now are re-enrolling to do A levels / BTECs / etc.? If that's the case, how would you have you certificate for your English Language resit already, given the results only came out yesterday? Or did you resit last November, perhaps?

You could try contacting AQA (see their Past results and lost certificates page), but they say, "It can take up to 20 working days to process your application." :frown:
Original post by DataVenia
Can I just confirm that you have retaken English Language, and what you're missing is evidence of the original (pre-resit) result, although you have evidence in the form of a certificate of your current (post-resit) result. I would have thought that would be fine. Why would they need evidence of an old result which has been superseded?

However, it sounds like you have zero evidence of your GCSEs in English Literature, Photography and Geography. Is that right? Was entry to the college dependent on these three GCSEs, either because the entry conditions specify them by name or because they're needed to meet some "At least X GCSEs at grade Y or above" condition?

What could also potentially be an issue is that you only have result slips rather than certificates for most of your GCSEs. In the e-mail from college, have then been specific about exactly what they want to see? Have they mentioned the terms "results slip" or "certificate"?

Finally, I'm a little confused by the timing and your use of the word "(re)enrolled". Did you enroll into this college to do one or more GCSE resits and now are re-enrolling to do A levels / BTECs / etc.? If that's the case, how would you have you certificate for your English Language resit already, given the results only came out yesterday? Or did you resit last November, perhaps?

You could try contacting AQA (see their Past results and lost certificates page), but they say, "It can take up to 20 working days to process your application." :frown:

What I mean by reenrolled is that I first enrolled at the college last year but because I got a 2 in my maths I had to take an alternative course to the one I wanted to take. Now I am taking FS maths, I am allowed to do electrical installation provided I will continue my FS maths.

The college email says you can bring either results slips or certificates. Obviously there is no way any school leaver would have their certificates before early-mid September when most colleges start again.

My college requires me to have at least 5 GCSES 3-9 including English and Maths. Including my FS maths, I am able to prove to them that I have 4 GCSEs 3-9, I just need that one bit of paper to show them I have at least grade 3 in one more subject.
Original post by Jack Spank9049
What I mean by reenrolled is that I first enrolled at the college last year but because I got a 2 in my maths I had to take an alternative course to the one I wanted to take. Now I am taking FS maths, I am allowed to do electrical installation provided I will continue my FS maths.

The college email says you can bring either results slips or certificates. Obviously there is no way any school leaver would have their certificates before early-mid September when most colleges start again.

My college requires me to have at least 5 GCSES 3-9 including English and Maths. Including my FS maths, I am able to prove to them that I have 4 GCSEs 3-9, I just need that one bit of paper to show them I have at least grade 3 in one more subject.

Understood. Then I guess you just need to hope that your old school responds to your e-mail in time.

Quick Reply

Latest