The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Unsuccessful application to KCL

My UCSA status changed to "unsuccessful" yesterday morning for my king's application. The reason is I do not meet the conditions. However, once I've received my grades 10 minutes later, my grades are AAAB, and my offer conditions are AAA in any subject excluding General studies and Critical thinking.
Also, I have loged into King's Apply system, the status suggest: I do not meet the academic requirements. I called them directly yesterday, but only clearing hotline was available. They told me they don't know the reason, and told me to email them through the King's Apply. However, I have emailed them, and still no reply. I don't know what goes wrong.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
This is a busy period, so it might take them a while to get around to your email. I'd call back tomorrow and, provided it's not just Clearing again, see what the UG Admissions say. If that works out then well you're in the clear, and if that doesn't then I'd send them the email once more to ensure that they'll get it. Make sure to send it through the King's application portal too though - http://apply.kcl.ac.uk - as they may be more likely to see it there. Worst case scenario, just add your course as a Clearing choice if for some odd reason it doesn't work out normally.

Hope this helps :tongue:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Call them up (main switchboard) first thing tomorrow morning at 8am. Tell them to transfer you to the right department and when transferred, explain exactly what went wrong. Ask them to check their records to see what grades they think you got. If it doesn't match with your actual grades then maybe some sort of error occurred. Tell them you would like send them (via email or fax) your grade certificate/results slip as proof of your actual grades. Sometimes these things happen so don't be too worried.
Thank you for reply, I have already emailed them through Kings portal. However, my course is not in the KCL list for clearing. Therefore I don't know what to do tho. My insurance choice only need me to get BBB, and of course I've been accpted. So I can't even go to clearing.
Original post by localblackguy
This is a busy period, so it might take them a while to get around to your email. I'd call back tomorrow and, provided it's not just Clearing again, see what the UG Admissions say. If that works out then well you're in the clear, and if that doesn't then I'd send them the email once more to ensure that they'll get it. Make sure to send it through the King's application portal too though - http://apply.kcl.ac.uk - as they may be more likely to see it there. Worst case scenario, just add your course as a Clearing choice if for some odd reason it doesn't work out normally.

Hope this helps :tongue:
Yes, I would try up tomorrow morning. I will they will transfer me to the right department this time.
Original post by ChampEon
Call them up (main switchboard) first thing tomorrow morning at 8am. Tell them to transfer you to the right department and when transferred, explain exactly what went wrong. Ask them to check their records to see what grades they think you got. If it doesn't match with your actual grades then maybe some sort of error occurred. Tell them you would like send them (via email or fax) your grade certificate/results slip as proof of your actual grades. Sometimes these things happen so don't be too worried.
Original post by marcoboy1818
Thank you for reply, I have already emailed them through Kings portal. However, my course is not in the KCL list for clearing. Therefore I don't know what to do tho. My insurance choice only need me to get BBB, and of course I've been accpted. So I can't even go to clearing.

Ah then I guess you'll have to hope for the best - but seeing as they don't have student caps this year, you should be fine once you manage to get a hold of someone and explain the situation. You're more than likely still gonna end up there seeing as you actually did make the conditions so while I understand it's stressing, I wouldn't be too worried.
Thank you, the only thing I can do is just wait until tomorrow.
Original post by localblackguy
Ah then I guess you'll have to hope for the best - but seeing as they don't have student caps this year, you should be fine once you manage to get a hold of someone and explain the situation. You're more than likely still gonna end up there seeing as you actually did make the conditions so while I understand it's stressing, I wouldn't be too worried.
My UCSA status changed to "unsuccessful" yesterday morning for my king's application. The reason is I do not meet the conditions. However, once I've received my grades 10 minutes later, my grades are AAAB, and my offer conditions are AAA in any subject excluding General studies and Critical thinking.
Also, I have loged into King's Apply system, the status suggest: I do not meet the academic requirements. I called them directly yesterday, but only clearing hotline was available. They told me they don't know the reason, and told me to email them through the King's Apply. However, I have emailed them, and still no reply. I don't know what goes wrong.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

King's college 2023ka waiting list ka wait kare ki no
King's college london phd application today 2023ka ka result waiting but application email what wait kare yaa no
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

King's college london phd application today 2023ka new electronic commission subject phd

Quick Reply

Latest