The Student Room Group

Will King's College London (KCL) accept my second year transfer?

Im currently a first year Economics and Business Finance (Bsc) student at Brunel University. I achieved AABB in Business Studies, Law, Economics, and English lit at AS level and BBC in Economics, Business Studies, and Law, respectively. I had a horrific slip up in my final A-Level year and so I fell short on my conditional offer to University of Leeds.

I am currently going at >90% in my essays/tests and so I'd assume I'd be predicted a 1:1 or a 2:1, if all goes well. I want to transfer as I do not like much about the uni; lecturers are lousy, content often with errors, and the employability odds in my course don't seem so bright.

For a transfer, King's College say that they can overlook entry requirements in place of a predicted grade of 2:1 and, in the case of not meeting subject requirements, similar modules can be used instead. I'd want to transfer to Economics (Bsc) or Economics & Management (Bcs).

Do you think I'd stand a chance?

Thank you!!!
Reply 1
hey, how did you contact kcl? I am also looking to transfer but for a different course.
Reply 2
Original post by skrub28
hey, how did you contact kcl? I am also looking to transfer but for a different course.

I'm yet to contact them. I got this information off of their website! ; )
Reply 3
Original post by greenkiwi
I'm yet to contact them. I got this information off of their website! ; )

Ah I see, are u considering any other universities aswell???
The only people who can give you a definitive answer is the Kings admissions team. So contact them and see if they’ll consider your current course as sufficient for a transfer application and if your university marks can outweigh missing the A level requirements.
Im currently a first year Economics and Business Finance (Bsc) student at Brunel University. I achieved AABB in Business Studies, Law, Economics, and English lit at AS level and BBC in Economics, Business Studies, and Law, respectively. I had a horrific slip up in my final A-Level year and so I fell short on my conditional offer to University of Leeds.

I am currently going at >90% in my essays/tests and so I'd assume I'd be predicted a 1:1 or a 2:1, if all goes well. I want to transfer as I do not like much about the uni; lecturers are lousy, content often with errors, and the employability odds in my course don't seem so bright.

For a transfer, King's College say that they can overlook entry requirements in place of a predicted grade of 2:1 and, in the case of not meeting subject requirements, similar modules can be used instead. I'd want to transfer to Economics (Bsc) or Economics & Management (Bcs).

Thank you!!!

Hey, I was just wondering if you went ahead with trying to transfer to kcl and what the outcome was
Hey, I’m looking to do something similar this year just wanted to know how it went ???
Reply 7
Original post by Veevee123123
Hey, I’m looking to do something similar this year just wanted to know how it went ???

Yup, same here
Reply 8

Thank you!!!

I'm interested, were you successful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending