The Student Room Group

From Kaiser to Führer: Germany 1900-1945 discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Aj12
Good thread wish it had been around when I did history last year.

For once, i agree with you.
Reply 21
i have a technical question.
For the sources question (b), would it be best to just argue one point per paragraph,, use evidence etc, and make it really secure, or argue multiple points in one paragraph and make it all flashy?

thanks
Original post by Dixxy
i have a technical question.
For the sources question (b), would it be best to just argue one point per paragraph,, use evidence etc, and make it really secure, or argue multiple points in one paragraph and make it all flashy?

thanks
The former with evaluation/qualification. It isn't great to over complicate things, no matter how flashy it may appear. :rolleyes:
Reply 23
Original post by Stricof
The former with evaluation/qualification. It isn't great to over complicate things, no matter how flashy it may appear. :rolleyes:

as i suspected, thanks for confirming
Was going to write this fact as a Facebook status but realised no one will care in the slightest. Thought maybe someone might appreciate it over here!

In 1914 Britain mostly imported German chemical dyes, so when they went off to war their uniforms were dyed with German dyestuffs! Bit of a kick in the teeth considering the immense racism swirling around at that time!
Original post by SirMasterKey
Here are some of my/class mates presentations and general notes we were given or in the case of the challenges to Weimar democracy had to complete (I printed it off and filled it in hence the right wing section is blank).
Sweet. Thanks. :awesome:

EDIT: I'll go convert them to doc/ppt now for users who cannot open the file. :tongue:
Original post by Stricof
Sweet. Thanks. :awesome:

EDIT: I'll go convert them to doc/ppt now. :tongue:

You're welcome. I made the offer in an old version of this thread and have had a couple of requests for them. Now people can just find them here. :smile:

With the presentations, people just need to remember at points they might be a little lacking (I can say this as about 4 of them are either by me alone or me in a pair) and you might need to do a little more reading around the subject.

Also look in the notes sections and not just the slides. Certainly in one of them, I wrote notes in there as I was giving the presentation and didn't want to overload the slide with notes so orally gave them as well. The Nazi Propaganda (Culture) is definitely a case of this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
does anyone know what came up in January?

also, what do people think will come up this summer?
Original post by Dixxy
does anyone know what came up in January?
This is a summer only paper.
Reply 30
aahhh I am very scared for this exam. Any predictions would be great. Also, I really dont know how to structure the answer for the 2nd controversy question - 1933 - 1939?
Original post by Daniel123
aahhh I am very scared for this exam. Any predictions would be great. Also, I really dont know how to structure the answer for the 2nd controversy question - 1933 - 1939?

How are you on war blame for WW1? I found that a much much easier question to deal with all the time that I was doing the course. Unless you're at a school where they only teach the one controversy?
Reply 32
How are you on war blame for WW1? I found that a much much easier question to deal with all the time that I was doing the course. Unless you're at a school where they only teach the one controversy?

yep annoyingly at my school they only teach the 1933 - 1939 one, so I think it would be useless me learning the other one.
yep annoyingly at my school they only teach the 1933 - 1939 one, so I think it would be useless me learning the other one.

Well I'm sorry I can't be much help on it as I did the WW1 one as quite frankly I knew what was coming up. The second one we weren't really told what would come up except it would be anything we'd learnt between 1933-39.

How are you on that period?
If anyone happens to have a mark scheme a PM would be really really appreciated.
Reply 35
is a WW1 controversy guaranteed to come up then, as its the only controversy in the first section of the book?

(i am being taught all the course)
Try this - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=31541088&postcount=2

Original post by Dixxy
is a WW1 controversy guaranteed to come up then, as its the only controversy in the first section of the book?

I expect so. One question from each of the two controversies.
Reply 37
Original post by Stricof
Try this - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=31541088&postcount=2

I expect so. One question from each of the two controversies.

thank you :smile:
Reply 38
Well I'm sorry I can't be much help on it as I did the WW1 one as quite frankly I knew what was coming up. The second one we weren't really told what would come up except it would be anything we'd learnt between 1933-39.

How are you on that period?

not amazing to be honest - I prefer Kaiser and Weimar.
Original post by Dixxy

Yes. I believe Edexcel actually suggest that a teacher only teaches one controversy, so there are questions on all of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending