The Student Room Group

D1 EDEXCEL -> 20th MAY 2011 EXAM THREAD+Paper & Solutions in 1st Post

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
https://rapidshare.com/files/611017682/all_d1.zip

Just sent these to fudgezilla but should be useful for everyone =)

thanks :biggrin: , mediafire would have been proffered but beggars cant be choosers i suppose. :smile:
Original post by sohail.s
thanks :biggrin: , mediafire would have been proffered but beggars cant be choosers i suppose. :smile:

mediafire seems to be down :frown:
Reply 22

https://rapidshare.com/files/611017682/all_d1.zip

Just sent these to fudgezilla but should be useful for everyone =)

what exams are you doing? if you dont mind me asking. and what year are you?
Reply 23
mediafire seems to be down :frown:

:eek: no worries, thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by Fudgezilla
what exams are you doing? if you dont mind me asking. and what year are you?

I'm in year 13 and I do Maths (with D1 obvs) History and Eng lit so busy busy busy :woo:

Yourself?
Reply 25

I'm in year 13 and I do Maths (with D1 obvs) History and Eng lit so busy busy busy :woo:

Yourself?

im in yearr 13 too. maths, physics, philosophy. need A*(maths)AA to get into my single choice of uni, cass. im also trying to do further maths this june, all 6 modules. its tough going :frown: i know people who do english lit, brave, brave human being lol
Reply 26
Thing about D1 is timing, I usually finish it with less than 2 minutes to check, so what my teacher has told me is just to work through it at a steady pace so that I do everything without careless mistakes because they can cost a lot. Hopefulllly it will be okay, but for me timing is such an issue :\
Reply 27
Original post by ad2010
Thing about D1 is timing, I usually finish it with less than 2 minutes to check, so what my teacher has told me is just to work through it at a steady pace so that I do everything without careless mistakes because they can cost a lot. Hopefulllly it will be okay, but for me timing is such an issue :\

join the club, not enough time ever
Hey guys, if any of you are on resits, what should I expect from the exam. generally I can never finish in the time, kinda hoping that becomes alright on the day but still, C1 today wasn't too bad so hoping for the same kind of thing from D1.
Reply 29
Original post by frangoddard
Hey guys, if any of you are on resits, what should I expect from the exam. generally I can never finish in the time, kinda hoping that becomes alright on the day but still, C1 today wasn't too bad so hoping for the same kind of thing from D1.

not doing a resit, but just do everything as carefully as possible first time round so that even if you dont finish then you'll know you got everything you did do right?
You know for linear programming, do you all use objective line method or vertex method?
I use vertex because I think it's more accurate, but I think I might consider the other because the vertex one is really long :\
Reply 30
Original post by ad2010
not doing a resit, but just do everything as carefully as possible first time round so that even if you dont finish then you'll know you got everything you did do right?
You know for linear programming, do you all use objective line method or vertex method?
I use vertex because I think it's more accurate, but I think I might consider the other because the vertex one is really long :\

i use vertex as it shows method clearly tbh, the line method i havent bothered with, for vertex you just have to show that you've considered some or all of the points, min of 3 though
Reply 31
i use vertex as it shows method clearly tbh, the line method i havent bothered with, for vertex you just have to show that you've considered some or all of the points, min of 3 though

so I can just miss out the ones I know it obviously won't be? and i'll still get all of the marks?
Reply 32
Original post by ad2010
so I can just miss out the ones I know it obviously won't be? and i'll still get all of the marks?

risky and i wouldn't recommend, tbh usually there's no more than 4 vertices, what i usually do is draw up a small table, one coloumn for points(x,y) then the second column for the profit function and then just ring the maximum value to show you've considered them all
Reply 33
When you're asked to find an alternating path, do you have to do the branch thing if you find more than one then choose one or can you just write out one for full marks? And scheduling for particular number of workers is the worst for CPA it feels wrong going over the times.
Reply 34
silly question:

in bubble sort/ quick sort, if you are asked to list letters in alphabetical order, can you link the letters to where they appear in the alphabet? it makes it a lot easier for me, and then I re-link it in the end
Reply 35
risky and i wouldn't recommend, tbh usually there's no more than 4 vertices, what i usually do is draw up a small table, one coloumn for points(x,y) then the second column for the profit function and then just ring the maximum value to show you've considered them all

why don't you just draw it, use your ruler and go across the page and the last vertex is the maximum? I'm pretty sure you don't have to check every corner
Reply 36
Original post by ilyking
silly question:

in bubble sort/ quick sort, if you are asked to list letters in alphabetical order, can you link the letters to where they appear in the alphabet? it makes it a lot easier for me, and then I re-link it in the end

what so just write the first letter instead of the full names?
Yeah i think so it makes it so much easier
Reply 37

yeah I do exactly the same, but the thing is, when the co-ordinates are not obvious enough to be read, and then you have to use simultaneous equations to work out the points and then work out maximum profit, that takes a while and I feel as if I'm wasting time, I remember a paper where there were a couple of points like that and I had to use simultaneous equations to work them all out, and had hardly any time to finish :frown:

Original post by ilyking
silly question:

What do you mean by linking them to where they appear, by numbers or something? My friend tried that, our teacher said it was pointless and time consuming, but I get what you mean, alphabet :\, I have to keep saying it over and over in my head to get it right :colondollar:
Reply 38
I think I'm ready for the exam, but then do a test and only get in the low 80s (I'm a perfectionist, but I'm sure I'll be neg repped for complaining anyway). Probably doesn;t help I'm doing it in half the time and whilst listening to music huh?

OK so this comes across as arrogant, but that wasn't the intention.
Reply 39
Original post by Willdearn
what so just write the first letter instead of the full names?
Yeah i think so it makes it so much easier

lol if this is what you meant, then yeah definitely makes it easier!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending