The Student Room Group

D1 EDEXCEL -> 20th MAY 2011 EXAM THREAD+Paper & Solutions in 1st Post

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Groat
I think this year it'll probably be 60, 66 and 72 for an A, 90% and 100% respectively. I thought that the paper was slightly harder than usual as most people struggle with linear programming.

Sorry i dont understand what that means, does it mean. 60/75 for a C 66/75 for a B and 72/75 for an A or?
Reply 581
60/75 for an A
66/75 for 90
72/75 for 100%

Well, that's what they think anyway.
Reply 582
im really annoyed with myself because i could have smashed the exam but i spent too long on the first linear programming question and had to rush the rest and still didnt manage to finish
Reply 583
Original post by Groat
I think this year it'll probably be 60, 66 and 72 for an A, 90% and 100% respectively. I thought that the paper was slightly harder than usual as most people struggle with linear programming.

Hope so!
Reply 584
Original post by tt123
im really annoyed with myself because i could have smashed the exam but i spent too long on the first linear programming question and had to rush the rest and still didnt manage to finish

same here. I knew what i was doing but time wasn't on my side i guess. lost 14 marks just like that. could have done a lot better
Reply 585
Original post by lolboi
Sorry i dont understand what that means, does it mean. 60/75 for a C 66/75 for a B and 72/75 for an A or?

no it means 60 for a A, 66 for 90% and 72 for 100%
Reply 586
I reckon they could be lower than that because this was undoubtedly the trickiest paper since the new spec, i think it was june 09 or maybe june 10 where an A was 61, which was actually an easy paper...
Reply 587
Original post by tt123
I reckon they could be lower than that because this was undoubtedly the trickiest paper since the new spec, i think it was june 09 or maybe june 10 where an A was 61, which was actually an easy paper...

i dont think it was much harder than usual. doing it for the 1st time i found it quite easy. but i ran out of time :hmpf:
Same I thought it was VERY easy... But I also ran out of time and couldn't even start question 8
Reply 589
Original post by Soppe
Same I thought it was VERY easy... But I also ran out of time and couldn't even start question 8

same here. i got up to the gant chart and yeah time was up.
it was kinda easy paper
so i m afraid the grade boundary for A will be high
(my minimum mistakes-7 marks according to the posted mark scheme)
Reply 591
Original post by sushant gurung
it was kinda easy paper
so i m afraid the grade boundary for A will be high
(my minimum mistakes-7 marks according to the posted mark scheme)

I'm not sure how you can say it was an easy paper whilst making mistakes that lost you 7 marks?
Reply 592
how many people actually finished this exam comfortably and in comparison to previous exams it was not very easy
Reply 593
it was easy but time consuming
Original post by Groat
I'm not sure how you can say it was an easy paper whilst making mistakes that lost you 7 marks?

i meant to say maximum
and 90% of 75 is 67.5, so yh i have chance of getting 90% or higher :smile:
Reply 595
OMG I dropped 7 bloody marks! ... I guess I will have 80 UMS again...
Just need a general consensus does everyone agree this was that toughest paper of the lot since the new spec started and do you guys think it is likely the grade boundary will be below 64-65?
Reply 597
Original post by tt123
how many people actually finished this exam comfortably and in comparison to previous exams it was not very easy

I did finish comfortably but I dont feel comfortable after I know some mistakes:frown: I have done...
Reply 598
Original post by fist of the south star
Just need a general consensus does everyone agree this was that toughest paper of the lot since the new spec started and do you guys think it is likely the grade boundary will be below 64-65?

I think that it was definitely the longest paper for a while, and the 3 marker on the cascade chart workers was quite wordy. The last question would've caused problems with most people as it says in an examiners' report that linear programming causes the most problems.
Reply 599
Hello, for question 3 the linear question, how do you know the constrain for 6x+5y=60 is 6x+5y<or= 60 rather than 6x+5y<60? because they didn't draw dotted line or anything else to distinguish between it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending