D1 EDEXCEL -> 20th MAY 2011 EXAM THREAD+Paper & Solutions in 1st Post

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
yeah i have S1 at 1pm then D1 at 2:35 pm
anyone know which definitions we have to know???? :P
Reply 102
Original post by sangeen yahya
anyone know which definitions we have to know???? :P

loook on the edexcel spec for d1, in the glossary, they can't ask us for a definition that's not on the spec right? So i'm sticking to learning thosee!
Could someone quickly help me with the following question.

Looking at the markscheme, I managed to get the correct x and y values throughout. However my A values are completely wrong. My final A value was 2017.

Is this an error in the markscheme, or am I missing something. Because surely, when y=126, and A isn't going to equal 12.6, but rather 126..., right? :confused:
Reply 104
Original post by jones_wise

Looking at the markscheme, I managed to get the correct x and y values throughout. However my A values are completely wrong. My final A value was 2017.

Is this an error in the markscheme, or am I missing something. Because surely, when y=126, and A isn't going to equal 12.6, but rather 126..., right? :confused:

what year is this from?
Original post by ad2010
what year is this from?

It doesn't have the year on it, it was just in a 'practice' paper that my teacher gave me.
Reply 106
I recommend doing Practice Paper B, it has quite a few definition questions which are likely to come up as D1 hasn't featured those in a while.

How are you guys feeling? I really need to smash this exam, so the pressure's on.
Reply 107
Original post by Groat
I recommend doing Practice Paper B, it has quite a few definition questions which are likely to come up as D1 hasn't featured those in a while.

How are you guys feeling? I really need to smash this exam, so the pressure's on.

same im currently on 302 UMS, out of 4 exams (C1, C2, C3, S1), i resat C1 yesterday i hope ive improved from 87 last year, i got 88 in C2 in January, dropped 5 silly marks, should have easily got a 100, so not resitting C2 as most likely the summer paper will be difficult and i think 88 ums is sufficient. On 70 ums for S1 from last year, looking at the jan 2011 paper, tmrw's paper should'nt be as bad as last summer, need to resit C3 as am on 60 ums, so realistically need atleast 90 in D1 to get an A overall, provided that i improve UMS on C1,S1 and C3.... Which leaves C4:angry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 108
Mare of a day tomorrow -.-
Econ1 S1 & D1

Total exam time 4 hours 15 minutes :redface:
Reply 109
Im weirdly excited for this exam! Its definitely my favourite module! I so badly need a good mark though to bring up my UMS, as i totally failed C3 in january and cant see the June exam being any better!

I keep making silly mistakes on the early and late time graphs though! and drawing out activity networks completely fails me!!
Reply 110
It doesn't have the year on it, it was just in a 'practice' paper that my teacher gave me.

i'll try it out in a bit :smile: just in the middle of S1 paper which is not going well :frown:
Reply 111
If you work hard today then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to pass.

I recommend viewing the D1 revision session here - http://www.fmnetwork.org.uk/onlinerevision.php

It goes over most of the D1 syllabus, and should hopefully refresh your memory. I found it extremely useful.

Then just keep having a go at past paper questions, especially involving the harder areas, such as linear programming, critical path analysis and matchings.

hehe thanks, been listening to the guy since the beginning, I saw your post just on time
Reply 112
Original post by Adam.C
Mare of a day tomorrow -.-
Econ1 S1 & D1

Total exam time 4 hours 15 minutes :redface:

poor you!

the exam boards should push some AS exams to the middle of june
Reply 113

ooohh i've got that practice paper, my school gave it too me too

the mark scheme is right unfortunately, the output will be 3402 in the end!
do you neeed me to clarify it furtherr?
Original post by ad2010
ooohh i've got that practice paper, my school gave it too me too

the mark scheme is right unfortunately, the output will be 3402 in the end!
do you neeed me to clarify it furtherr?

Yes please! :smile:

Like I said, I managed to get the correct x and y values, but it's just the A values that I got wrong.
Reply 115
Can someone post June 2010 and Jan2011 grade boundaries for D1 I'm looking at raw marks needed for 80,90,100 UMS
Reply 117
Yes please! :smile:

Like I said, I managed to get the correct x and y values, but it's just the A values that I got wrong.

mark scheme is wrong on the A values, it's not 12.6 or 37.8 , it's actually 126, 378
the A values are meant to be: 0, 126, 378, 1386, 3402.

does that make it any clearer?
Original post by ad2010
mark scheme is wrong on the A values, it's not 12.6 or 37.8 , it's actually 126, 378
the A values are meant to be: 0, 126, 378, 1386, 3402.

does that make it any clearer?

Yes, I understand where I went wrong now! I had written it so A was 2y, not A+y.

Thanks very much!! :smile:
Reply 119

Wow why is there such a large difference between the Jan and June boundaries!
I didn't find the difficulty between the papers that different. 66 for an A in Jan and 61 in June. Strange!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending