The Student Room Group

CIE international A levels?

Hello! I've only seen one thread regarding this exam board so far, but if i missed anything i hope i didnt stub on anyone's toes!

Anyway I finished my maths AS, english AS composition, and Eng Lit drama papers in the past week.

However, does anyone know how much I'm suppose to write (roughly) for the lit exam? And any tips (i'm not used to closed book lit exam)/good example essays I can look at?

I had a terrible time during the drama paper today, i barely wrote 500 words for each question.

Any other CIE international A's exams discussion should be here too, just sayin' :smile:
I do A2 CIE Biology. :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Vampire-Love4ever
I do A2 CIE Biology. :h:

I do A2 biology too :smile:
do you know what percentage is needed to get an A*. I mean I read it's 90% but is that an average of both papers or do you have to get over 90 in both? good luck with paper 4 next week!

Original post by ABC.
do you know what percentage is needed to get an A*. I mean I read it's 90% but is that an average of both papers or do you have to get over 90 in both? good luck with paper 4 next week!

I guess 90% in both papers! Though I am not sure.
How did you find paper 5?
Thank you :h: All the best to you too!
Reply 4
I think I messed up the anomaly part a bit but I think (hope) the rest was fine. How about you? Have you done chemistry too?
Reply 5
you guys only doing the science papers? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by ABC.

min 90 in A2 and A in AS
Reply 7
Original post by ToxicDevil
min 90 in A2 and A in AS

Thanks :smile: but what I meant was 90 or more in both or for eample 88 and 95..
Reply 8
can you pls give an example (practical paper is out of 30 :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ikare
Hello! I've only seen one thread regarding this exam board so far, but if i missed anything i hope i didnt stub on anyone's toes!

Anyway I finished my maths AS, english AS composition, and Eng Lit drama papers in the past week.

However, does anyone know how much I'm suppose to write (roughly) for the lit exam? And any tips (i'm not used to closed book lit exam)/good example essays I can look at?

I had a terrible time during the drama paper today, i barely wrote 500 words for each question.

Any other CIE international A's exams discussion should be here too, just sayin' :smile:

I did the English Lit. CIE AS paper too! Jane Eyre for prose and The Winter's Tale for Drama. I actually couldn't complete my answers on time and literally kept writing till the last minute. I did passage based for both the papers.

Do you know the grade boundaries for the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest