The Student Room Group

Help!!!

Hello! Iv come on here to hopefully get some advice .
Im 41 and have worked in health care for many years.
I have applied to do the access to nursing .I have no qualifications but have just done the City & Guilds Maths and English,I wanted to know if there was anyone who has done this course ? I am worried as i haven't got a clue what to expect and although I have years of work experience,Im very worried about the Academic side of things ,thanks for reading ,any advice would be great .
Reply 1
Original post by Sally-12345
Hello! Iv come on here to hopefully get some advice .
Im 41 and have worked in health care for many years.
I have applied to do the access to nursing .I have no qualifications but have just done the City & Guilds Maths and English,I wanted to know if there was anyone who has done this course ? I am worried as i haven't got a clue what to expect and although I have years of work experience,Im very worried about the Academic side of things ,thanks for reading ,any advice would be great .

Hi Sally,

I'm not doing an Access course etc, but I am part of the Open Uni. Take it all one step at a time, and get to know your local library very well :smile:
Reply 2
I did an access course a few years ago, and had also been out of school education for a while (15 years). The course was brilliant preparation for my degree. They are aimed at people like us, so expect people to be a little out of practice. They hard work though, I had 11 assignments and 3 exams in the first term (Sep-Dec)!! Once you get into it and feel a bit relaxed you'll probably end up loving it like I did. Good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest