6GP01 Edexcel Politics Grade Boundaries

So on the website, it says they are :

A 47
B 42
C 38
for unit 1 out of 80

and

A 49 B 43 C 37 for unit 2

but to me that seems ridiculously low, at around 60% raw marks. I asked me teacher and she said you need to get 80% raw marks but tbh I don't quite trust her. She's one of those teachers.

Any ideas?

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1101%20GCE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries%20(Home-Int).pdf
Original post by Brand New Eyes

A 47
B 42
C 38
for unit 1 out of 80

and

but to me that seems ridiculously low, at around 60% raw marks. I asked me teacher and she said you need to get 80% raw marks but tbh I don't quite trust her. She's one of those teachers.

Any ideas?

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1101%20GCE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries%20(Home-Int).pdf

It's on their website, what more do you want as proof.
no that is wrong, i am sure....

the boundaries are: (marks you have to get out of 80)

A* 72
A 64
B 56
C 48
D 40
E 42
Reply 3
Original post by ilovekatenash

A* 72
A 64
B 56
C 48
D 40
E 42

How can they be wrong? They're on the exam board's website, and based on results people in my class got in January, they are correct.
Reply 4

Well, I got 78UMS on Unit 1 and that's listed as a B.
I'm certain it's 80UMS for an A.

Hope that helps.
Reply 5

A* 72
A 64
B 56
C 48
D 40
E 42

THIS.
Original post by metro2610
THIS.

How can you be so sure? Do you take politics? On all the other subjects the raw marks are around 80% e.g. on history its 46/60

Just politics thats weird, and for all past exams grade boundaries they're all around 60%. Is edexcel going insane or something?
Reply 7
How can you be so sure? Do you take politics? On all the other subjects the raw marks are around 80% e.g. on history its 46/60

Just politics thats weird, and for all past exams grade boundaries they're all around 60%. Is edexcel going insane or something?

Yeah, I did the Edexcel course at college :smile:. The old exam was a bit different than the current one, so perhaps that's where the mix up is?

But it's definitely 80/100 for an A.

My results (without resit marks) are:

Unit 1: 78 (B)
Unit 2: 78 (B)
Unit 3: 87 (A)
Unit 4: 68 (C)

Together, that equals 311/400 UMS, which gives me a B overall in politics, 320 would be an A.

80 x 4 = 320.
you need 80% UMS. UMS changes based on standardization. As for raw marks it is probably what they said on their website...

Maybe the raw marks total is low because across the board people do badly at politics?
Yeah, I did the Edexcel course at college :smile:. The old exam was a bit different than the current one, so perhaps that's where the mix up is?

But it's definitely 80/100 for an A.

My results (without resit marks) are:

Unit 1: 78 (B)
Unit 2: 78 (B)
Unit 3: 87 (A)
Unit 4: 68 (C)

Together, that equals 311/400 UMS, which gives me a B overall in politics, 320 would be an A.

80 x 4 = 320.

I know that already, but thanks anyway : )
I'm just confused over the actual raw marks : like the mark they actually give you, not UMS. As UMS is 80% for every subject across all boards.
I know that already, but thanks anyway : )
I'm just confused over the actual raw marks : like the mark they actually give you, not UMS. As UMS is 80% for every subject across all boards.

Ahh my bad :redface:

In that case, 'ilovekatenash' is right.
Ahh my bad :redface:

In that case, 'ilovekatenash' is right.

Thank you :smile:
Thank you :smile:

Haha, no worries :smile:
Reply 13

A 47
B 42
C 38
for unit 1 out of 80

and

Any ideas?

I'm confused with this too it does seem low - did you ever find out which way round it is? :smile:
Original post by jada897
I'm confused with this too it does seem low - did you ever find out which way round it is? :smile:

The way it is as I listed above, although over the years the raw marks have slightly risen by 2-4 for each category. It may has just been a hard paper however.

Good Luck with politics!
Reply 15
The way it is as I listed above, although over the years the raw marks have slightly risen by 2-4 for each category. It may has just been a hard paper however.

Good Luck with politics!

wow thanks i though you had to get about 80% for an A :biggrin:
Reply 16
We were told it's roughly:

A-56
B-48
C-42
D-36
E-32
U-<32

Looking at past grade boundaries this seems about right. Though it is still only 70%ish for an A not 80%.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending