The Student Room Group

iGCSE Edexcel English Literature

Why is the total mark still 150 when the anthology was cut? I contacted Edexcel and they said they'll get back to me. I got 100/150 but I assumed the exams would've been out of 120. I considered them scaling it but Edexcel has a scale calculator for subjects that they do that with. English Literature is not on there. Edexcel has changed the total for the other things that were cut but not for English. I got a 7 which I'm pleased with but the percentage doesn't add up to me.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2

I know that but paper 1 was 60 marks and paper 2 was also 60 marks. I know I only got a 6 in Maths but I'm assuming that should add up to 120
Sorry, I don't know anything about the Covid adjustments for 2022, I can just see that there's a fairly standard set of grade boundaries with a max of 150. If it really was out of 120 then the grade boundaries for a 9 are astonishingly high.
Reply 4
For 2022, they cut the anthology which made the exam 40 minutes shorter yet the total is the same overall as the previous years. I got assessed on Of Mice and Men (40 marks), Macbeth (30 marks), Unseen Poetry (20 marks), An Inspector Calls (30 marks). That adds up to 120, not 150 so I’m very confused.
Reply 5
Original post by leena_1473
For 2022, they cut the anthology which made the exam 40 minutes shorter yet the total is the same overall as the previous years. I got assessed on Of Mice and Men (40 marks), Macbeth (30 marks), Unseen Poetry (20 marks), An Inspector Calls (30 marks). That adds up to 120, not 150 so I’m very confused.

youve forgot the anthology poem, comparison with the unseen poetry which is worth 30 marks
Reply 6
Original post by Lemoned
youve forgot the anthology poem, comparison with the unseen poetry which is worth 30 marks

I didn't do that last year. As I said, they cut it. Anyway, they just weighted it differently last year

Quick Reply

Latest