The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 4 - 21st June 2011

Scroll to see replies

can we get a poll on this thread as to what everyone thinks the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 821
Original post by nikita_atikin
I don't know how Edexcel expect us to use Excel in our free time for what, REVISION??!!! How the hell was I supposed to know that it meant x10 to the power of something?!

What if I was a poor child who was homeless and had no computer? How would they expect me to know that? :rant:

u wouldnt be giving edexcel then :tongue:
Were there are questions after the one about the three conservation laws? If so how many marks roughly were there? I've been so paranoid over the past few days about it.
Original post by Boom Pow
Were there are questions after the one about the three conservation laws? If so how many marks roughly were there? I've been so paranoid over the past few days about it.

Yeah there was, it was talking about what were the 3 laws and how they related to the reaction you have to right before (6 marks)
Original post by cpdavis
Yeah there was, it was talking about what were the 3 laws and how they related to the reaction you have to right before (6 marks)

So that was the last paper on the paper?
So that was the last paper on the paper?

There were 2 more parts after that question
Original post by cpdavis
There were 2 more parts after that question

Great! I knew it! :mad:

Do you remember how much they were worth by any chance?

Thanks at least you've put my mind to rest (sort of).
Reply 827
Great! I knew it! :mad:

Do you remember how much they were worth by any chance?

Thanks at least you've put my mind to rest (sort of).

Altogether they where worth about 2 or 3 marks. If you missed i wouldn't worry, but 1 mark can be the difference between a grade boundary.
Original post by mvp47
Altogether they where worth about 2 or 3 marks. If you missed i wouldn't worry, but 1 mark can be the difference between a grade boundary.

Every mark counts, I missed out 1 mark and becuase of that I was 1 mark of a D (even though a D was terrible in my eyes)

Hopefully I have an A/A* in physics :biggrin:
Reply 829
Original post by cpdavis
Every mark counts, I missed out 1 mark and becuase of that I was 1 mark of a D (even though a D was terrible in my eyes)

Hopefully I have an A/A* in physics :biggrin:

Thats the thing with physics, you can really tell how you did. I thought i flopped unit 1 last year as left out some questions and i still got about 85%. Hopefully an A/A* in physics too.
The Paper can be found in

http://www.scribd.com/Raaga92

Hope you all find it helpful :smile:
how was paper 4 guyz
Reply 832
Original post by attiyatanvir
how was paper 4 guyz

Wrong year matey.
Original post by Lexi Templeton
I am having problem in ques no. 5 in June 2010 Paper. Can someone please explain it to me? Thank You.

5 The distance, in m, from an electron at which the electric field strength equals
6.4 × 108 J C–1 m–1 is:

A 1.7 × 10–19
B 6.0 × 10–19
C 2.2 × 10–18
D 1.5 × 10–9

r^(2)=((k(Coulombs constant (1/4πε0))*(Charge of electron))/Electric field strength (given)
r^(2)=((8.99*10^9)(1.6*10^-19))/(6.4*10^(8))
r^(2)=2.2475*10-18
square root
r=1.499166....*10^-9 which roughly equals 1.5*10^-9m
So answer is D XD

but why didn't you multiply it by sin(30) ?
Original post by greenwoodfan93
Cheers, forgot about that and was using the wrong angle for the coil. Got it now. :smile:

but why didn't you multiply it by sin(30) ?
What was the angle you multiplied it with? And why?
Bro can you explain me from how you multiplied by 0.5???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending