The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeh but that's the point - there were such bad queues that I gave up on food because it was so ridiculous, and didn't get any!
Eugh I am so tired. Fell asleep for an hour without realising it :laugh: also realise that I have nobody to queue with for Pembroke tomorrow as my girlfriend is going to have queue skip. Massive banter...
Reply 582
Queens' May Ball in an hour :biggrin:
Original post by Gesar
Queens' May Ball in an hour :biggrin:

Not queuing? I hope its good. Two friends are going. Beautiful location certainly!
Reply 584
Original post by Craghyrax
Not queuing? I hope its good. Two friends are going. Beautiful location certainly!

I'm on the Dark Side so as compensation for being kicked out earlier we're let straight in from our staircases. And yeah, the decorations are looking pretty good as well, as well as the music and attractions... All in all multiple times better than last time, which was pretty good in and of itself.
Original post by Gesar
I'm on the Dark Side so as compensation for being kicked out earlier we're let straight in from our staircases. And yeah, the decorations are looking pretty good as well, as well as the music and attractions... All in all multiple times better than last time, which was pretty good in and of itself.

Great :yy: Also the weather seems reasonably good. No rain forecast, and 14 degrees all night.
Good view of fireworks :h: (Thought they were John's at first, but realized they must have been ours.)
Original post by TheUnbeliever
Good view of fireworks :h: (Thought they were John's at first, but realized they must have been ours.)

That was Queen's? I wasn't sure, it seemed to be too close to be Queens, we all thought it might have been Tit Hall.

John's fireworks were really good. Probably about the same as ours, though their ending was much more spectacular. Then again we did have flame cannons and fountains and they didn't :tongue:
Reply 588
Original post by It could be lupus
Probably about the same as ours

Speaking as someone who didn't go to either balls, I was much more impressed by John's.

Downing's looked fairly miserable from where I was.
Original post by SimonM
Speaking as someone who didn't go to either balls, I was much more impressed by John's.

Downing's looked fairly miserable from where I was.

I can understand that. A lot of our fireworks display was stuff you could only see being at the ball i.e. the fire display and the fountains as well as a lot of the fireworks that didn't really go high in the sky. Makes the firework display more exclusive to those who attend the ball, but obviously not seeing these bits means it was nowhere near as spectacular as John's which looked like you didn't miss much from not attending the ball
That was Queen's? I wasn't sure, it seemed to be too close to be Queens, we all thought it might have been Tit Hall.

I don't know for sure, but they seemed awfully nearby and looked like they were maybe coming from the green north of Cripps, or from Erasmus Lawn. Wouldn't be surprised to hear I'm talking nonsense, though...

John's fireworks were really good. Probably about the same as ours, though their ending was much more spectacular. Then again we did have flame cannons and fountains and they didn't :tongue:

I really must see if I can snaffle a ticket somehow next year. :p: Don't think I have the requisite social network, sadly! Haven't been to any balls, so will do something next year for sure. :o:
Reply 591
I can understand that. A lot of our fireworks display was stuff you could only see being at the ball i.e. the fire display and the fountains as well as a lot of the fireworks that didn't really go high in the sky. Makes the firework display more exclusive to those who attend the ball, but obviously not seeing these bits means it was nowhere near as spectacular as John's which looked like you didn't miss much from not attending the ball

I think that might have been the point of it. The ending definitely looked like they were telling everyone in Cambridge "look how good a night we're all going to have".
Original post by SimonM
I think that might have been the point of it. The ending definitely looked like they were telling everyone in Cambridge "look how good a night we're all going to have".

Hmmm, not so sure with Big Boi being their headliner :laugh: Anyways, I'm just saying why John's definitely seems better from someone who never attended either.

Also, did people hear the music for John's fireworks or was everyone too far away? I just about heard it on our backs.
Eugh I am so tired. Fell asleep for an hour without realising it :laugh: also realise that I have nobody to queue with for Pembroke tomorrow as my girlfriend is going to have queue skip. Massive banter...

Awww. How come she's getting to jump the queue? Is she working? :confused:

I'm going to Pembroke so you might see me (although you probably won't recognise me since I don't think we've met in person. Are you from x? I think I've found you on Facebook... :ninja:). :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 594
Triple firework bonanza! Grand Arcade car park roof = place to be!
Original post by Tortious
Awww. How come she's getting to jump the queue? Is she working? :confused:

I'm going to Pembroke so you might see me (although you probably won't recognise me since I don't think we've met in person. Are you from x? I think I've found you on Facebook... :ninja:). :p:

She has a Ball swap as she was on the committee at Emma. Quite annoying, but ah well what can i do :lol:

:confused: how'd you find me that easily? Also can you edit where I'm from out? I like to remain anonymous on this
If you're in the Facebook group, stalkery is pretty straightforward. :p:

Original post by Melz0r
Triple firework bonanza! Grand Arcade car park roof = place to be!

Damn, that's a good shout.
She has a Ball swap as she was on the committee at Emma. Quite annoying, but ah well what can i do :lol:

:confused: how'd you find me that easily? Also can you edit where I'm from out? I like to remain anonymous on this

We did a TSR Skype conversation a while back and I remembered your name before finding you through Topaz_eyes. :wink:
Original post by Tortious
We did a TSR Skype conversation a while back and I remembered your name before finding you through Topaz_eyes. :wink:

Ah yes true, forgot about that.
I don't understand the appeal of fireworks. I get that they may be technically impressive, but I just don't find them particularly interesting.

Also, I've stupidly gone over my bandwidth limit in about 20 minutes and so my only usable internet access at the moment is by tethering onto my phone. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending