The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Slumpy
+warm water?:p:

Oh yes! I totes forgot about that! Yes I have hot water!!!
Reply 161
Original post by smilepea
Stuff I now have: A house, the internet in my house (via my new HTC), all of my stuff and FOOD. It's been a good day :grin:

Bake me an exam cake? :colondollar: :p:
Reply 162
Original post by Gesar
Bake me an exam cake? :colondollar: :p:

Alas, I do not have: stuff to make cakes with, scales, cake tins. So if you can work out a way to do it without those few things then yes of course I will :p:

EDIT: Does anyone want to give me a tennis round up I haven't been watching as I'm without TV/internet and I'm so far out of the loop that reading BBC sport is a bit daunting!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 163
Alas, I do not have: stuff to make cakes with, scales, cake tins. So if you can work out a way to do it without those few things then yes of course I will :p:

The same way we make pancake batter: Using the inbuilt measuring diagram on the stick of butter, guessing fractions of bags of flour, putting corresponding eggs in and filling up with milk till it looks about right :p:

The cake tin problem is more difficult. Bowl cake!

I will buy you a cake tin :yep:
Original post by Gesar
The same way we make pancake batter: Using the inbuilt measuring diagram on the stick of butter, guessing fractions of bags of flour, putting corresponding eggs in and filling up with milk till it looks about right :p:

Anyone had any luck with those five-minute mug cake recipes? The results look :coma: but I've never managed it... :sad:
Reply 165
Original post by Tortious
Anyone had any luck with those five-minute mug cake recipes? The results look :coma: but I've never managed it... :sad:

My college wife makes a pretty mean mug brownie - I'll look up the recipe and post it (though she says it's a bit of an art getting it right...)
Reply 166

I HAVE! But I don't have a microwave yet...

Original post by Gesar

Oh I never measure pancake batter! I also don't have sugar, flour or eggs, but a cake tin would be awesome!
Reply 167

Aha, bingo: http://www.instructables.com/id/Mug-Brownie/
Reply 168
I HAVE! But I don't have a microwave yet...
Oh I never measure pancake batter! I also don't have sugar, flour or eggs, but a cake tin would be awesome!

Next Saturday we will go for coffee and I will give you a cake tin as a house-warming present :yep:
EDIT: Does anyone want to give me a tennis round up I haven't been watching as I'm without TV/internet and I'm so far out of the loop that reading BBC sport is a bit daunting!

Murray seemed to have an injured ankle in an earlier round, only to win a 5-setter coming from 2 sets to none down, and has since made it through to the semi-finals (tomorrow) where he will play Nadal (started slow but picking up his play recently). The other men's semi-final is Djokovic (on an epic 40+ game winning streak) against Federer (solid progress so far). In the women's, the final is Li Na (who beat Sharapova today) against Schiavone (the winner from last year, who beat home player Bartoli today). Tomorrow is going to be epic. :yep:
Original post by alex_hk90
Murray seemed to have an injured ankle in an earlier round, only to win a 5-setter coming from 2 sets to none down, and has since made it through to the semi-finals (tomorrow) where he will play Nadal (started slow but picking up his play recently). The other men's semi-final is Djokovic (on an epic 40+ game winning streak) against Federer (solid progress so far). In the women's, the final is Li Na (who beat Sharapova today) against Schiavone (the winner from last year, who beat home player Bartoli today). Tomorrow is going to be epic. :yep:

I hope Nadal destroys Murray. I hate how arrogant he is
Mein Teil reminds me of this episode of The IT Crowd (and according to Wikipedia its based on the same thing)
I don't expect Murray will win more than 8 games in the entire match.
Reply 173
Original post by BigFudamental

Nah, he'll get 4,3 and 2 in some order.
Reply 174
coming out of the vue after a late night showing last night, was like the beginning of a zombie movie... :lockstock:
very creepy....
Original post by Katala
coming out of the vue after a late night showing last night, was like the beginning of a zombie movie... :lockstock:
very creepy....

What did you go watch?....

On hindsight this sounds very creepy, but I only ask because I watched X-men there last night quite late :p:
Reply 176
:redface: thats what we watched.. were you the one in the zombie outfit following us??
Reply 177
ok i lied there was no one in an outfit but i could swear there would have been if i had turned round :colondollar:
Reply 178
Original post by minimo
zomg which college are you at?? I love her!

In other news, HELLO Camchat :biggrin: I have missed this thread and the people :smile: I am super excited - after a hellish year of job hunting, including losing a great job offer on account of civil/political unrest, I finally have a job offer and am moving country!!! Super excited and I wanted to share with TSR friends. I'm too paranoid to put my happiness on FB in case something happens and I end up jobless again but, yay I am so excited anyway :smile:

Congrats minimo :biggrin:

Original post by BigFudamental

He is certainly going to have a challenge to do well against Nadal on clay at Roland Garros...

Original post by swird

But seriously, whoever stole my batmobile, die in a ****ing fire.

My thoughts exactly. And in the same vein, if anyone sees an old Dawes road bike with a dented right handlebar and mismatched pedals then let me know.
I can verify that this works and it's better than other recipes I've tried (especially ones with egg in, which turn out weird). Although you should make sure you mix all the flour properly, otherwise it gets a bit manky at the end..

Latest

Trending

Trending