The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear 1380 Higher Tier Paper 3 Answers June 2011

Scroll to see replies

for the gradient question i put -1/2x instead of just -1/2
would i get two marks? or just one for the correct working out?
For question on giving the gradient I wrote -0.5x instead of -0.5 or -1/2...will I still get a mark for this?

And for the Mass question, my answer was 38400 instead of 38.4kg...all my working out was correct though I think, will I get a mark for the answer though?

Also, for the angle at 30 degrees, I somehow managed to bisect the angle correctly without constructing an equilateral triangle, I drew the arcs etc, will I get any marks for this?

Thanks in advance
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 182
Thanks guys. Also, for the rearranging equation question,

I got like k(t-2) = 0 (or something very similar)

I don't know if anyone got anything like this, or similar, but how many marks do I get for multiplying by k, collecting like terms, and factorising/taking away k from both sides?

Thanks.
Original post by accesstohe
For question on giving the gradient I wrote 0.5x instead of 0.5 or 1/2...will I still get a mark for this?

And for the Mass question, my answer was 38400 instead of 38.4kg...all my working out was correct though I think, will I get a mark for the answer though?

Thanks in advance

if you wrote down 38400, then yes, you should get all the marks for that question. it would be preferred if you wrote 38400 grams, but the question asked in terms of grams anyway, so i dont think you will be penalised
Reply 184
What was the grade bounderies for both papers last year.. I got 65/100 on this paper... need to know how much i need on next to get an A over.. :frown:.. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME THE GRADE BOUNDERIES OUT OF 200 FOR LIKE THE PREVIOUS PAPERS!!
Reply 185
Thank you very much for supplying the answers, but I do have a few queries, firstly for the mass and density question, how many marks would you get for showing all your working and getting to the answer of 384 grams. Furthermore, for surface area question, how many marks would you get for showing working and getting to the answer of 2x.

Lastly what you think the grade boundaries would be for this paper.
Original post by scaryassmonster
if you wrote down 38400, then yes, you should get all the marks for that question. it would be preferred if you wrote 38400 grams, but the question asked in terms of grams anyway, so i dont think you will be penalised

Are you sure? It says the answer was meant to be 38.4kg :\

Thanks though I hope you're right :biggrin:
Original post by king101
What was the grade bounderies for both papers last year.. I got 65/100 on this paper... need to know how much i need on next to get an A over.. :frown:.. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME THE GRADE BOUNDERIES OUT OF 200 FOR LIKE THE PREVIOUS PAPERS!!

For a B, for the last two years, it's been between 102 and 105, for an A it's been 140, maybe 1 more or 1 less.
Reply 188
Original post by king101

Original post by king101

The grade boundaries for an A last year were 141, which equates to approximately 70 on each paper. This means that you would require 76 on the calculator paper to get an A overall
Original post by king101

Summer 2009:
A* - 173
A - 141
B - 105
C - 70

November 2010:
A* - 170
A - 136
B - 102
C - 68

Summer 2010:
A* - 176
A - 141
B - 103
C - 66

November 2009:
A* - 174
A - 141
B - 103
C - 66
Reply 190
Thats very good then :smile: :smile:
Also for question 8b for the questionnaire, I simply wrote "questionnaire is biased"..is that mark worthy?
Reply 192
Original post by Rose.1994
Summer 2009:
A* - 173
A - 141
B - 105
C - 70

November 2010:
A* - 170
A - 136
B - 102
C - 68

Summer 2010:
A* - 176
A - 141
B - 103
C - 66

November 2009:
A* - 174
A - 141
B - 103
C - 66

Thank you :smile: :smile:, harshly marked I got 60/100 on this paper because I fkin panicked...so need 81...on calc do you think thats possible????
Hopefully the grade boundaries will be similar/a bit lower than november 2010
Original post by king101
Thank you :smile: :smile:, harshly marked I got 60/100 on this paper because I fkin panicked...so need 81...on calc do you think thats possible????

Yeah definitely, and the grade boundaries are probably going to be a bit lower than those given here
Are you sure? It says the answer was meant to be 38.4kg :\

Thanks though I hope you're right :biggrin:

yh the question said it was 8grams per cm3, so naturally you would work out the answer in grams
I swear the Mass one was 7 marks not 5?
Reply 197
This paper was rather difficult than the other years. Will the calculator paper compensate for this or will it be similar? Half of the topics I revised didn't even show up here!

Mr M for the Histogram question I got everything right except I drew 0.6 all the way to the end i.e. you were supposed to draw a class width of 20 although I drew it up to the end of the Histogram. Will I get no marks for this then?

And for the Translation I wrote 6/1 Instead of -6/-1, a lot of silly mistakes made.

For the revision list, are you sure that any topics won't be repeated and what about recurring decimals?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Megan Sullivan
I swear the Mass one was 7 marks not 5?

Nah it was 5 from what I remember
Nah it was 5 from what I remember

Ah okay, thank you :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending