The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear 1380 Higher Tier Paper 3 Answers June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Anyone has the answers for the calculator paper? for higher?
would i lose a mark for putting root(3xsquared), instead of root3(x)
Reply 782
Original post by ronaldinho123
Anyone has the answers for the calculator paper? for higher?

Seriously?
The exam is on Friday. How is anyone supposed to have the answers?
Hi does anybody have a list of the actual questions? I can't remember which was which from these answers! xx
would i lose a mark for putting root(3xsquared), instead of root3(x)????????
Reply 785
Original post by michaelz12345

Original post by michaelz12345
would i lose a mark for putting root(3xsquared), instead of root3(x)

I doubt it. Don't they usually have OE (or equivalent) next to correct answers in mark schemes?
I calculated my score to be around 76, do you know roughly what grade this might give me? Thank you so much you're amazing!! :smile:
i think there is a good chance that fridays exam will be as hard as this one, i'm not expecting it to be much easier..
on the question where you had to reflect the shape in the line x = -1, i put it in exactly the right place but didn't label it, as it didn't say. will i lose a mark for this? i literally just drew the shape and left it. :s-smilie:
Reply 789
Original post by innocent4

Original post by innocent4
its wrong because the question asks you to make k the subject and in order to do this u can only have k on one side. I've highlighted the k that shouldnt be on that side but u would definately get marks for working - i cant remember how many marks that question was though.

Oh fair enough! At least I'll know for the next exam - I just assumed that because it was 'tk' that it was fine - but I get it now, thanks:smile:
won't make the same mistake again hopefully... Also for simultaneous equations, if you show the workings out of how to tackle the question, but you go wrong somewhere - some that makes you get both answers of x and y wrong :| Do you still get marks for working out?
Reply 790
Original post by georgiaaaxo

on the question where you had to reflect the shape in the line x = -1, i put it in exactly the right place but didn't label it, as it didn't say. will i lose a mark for this? i literally just drew the shape and left it. :s-smilie:

I doubt you will lose a mark for it - examiners look to give you marks, not take them away :smile:
well most of them...
woo looks like all my answers match the answers yay :biggrin:, probs 95%+
anyone know how many marks you need to get a C ?

you won't lose a mark, it didn't tell you to label it, i checked :smile:
Reply 794

anyone know how many marks you need to get a C ?

Around 30, most likely.
Reply 795
Original post by Mr M
Mr M’s Edexcel GCSE Linear 1380 Higher Tier Paper 3 Answers June 2011
(2 marks)

25. 3D shapes
h=3xh = \sqrt{3} x (4 marks)
)

HOW? we all struggled on this one!! even the einstien of my school who resat struggled
Reply 796
Hi,

For question 2b where the answer is 7.5 hours, I wrote 7.35 hours, will I still get the 2 marks for this ??

Also for the estimation question - 7.19 x 19.7 / 0.5
I rounded it to 7.2 x 20/ 0.5 and got the answer 288, will I still get a mark ?

And what was the question for 5a & 12b
okay thanks! i think i got 65 so i'm praying that this is the mark for an A on this paper! (but judging by most people's predictions this isn't going to be the case!). i really want an A overall, going to have to do really well on friday :s-smilie:
Reply 798
Original post by muzakir

Original post by muzakir
HOW? we all struggled on this one!! even the einstien of my school who resat struggled

Yeah - on the news it was being said that 'h' was possible to be found, however it was not intentional, as the Exam board used 'h' instead of 'l' or something... I can't quite remember. Basically, they said for the average 16 year old it was too hard to solve within the time that you had, taking into account all the other questions that had to be done.
You know on the question where it said " estimate how long it will take him to read 150 pages " I wrote 7hours is that right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending