C - 30
D - 15

really hope so :biggrin:
Reply 81
What does everybody think they got?
Reply 82
Original post by Pristar
really hope so :biggrin:

me too :| I wanted to do maths and further maths at a level so really wanna get an A*!
Reply 83
Original post by Rose.1994
me too :| I wanted to do maths and further maths at a level so really wanna get an A*!

oww hope you do well. Good luck!!! At least we have until friday to prepare for the calculator one. :biggrin:
Reply 84
Im no expert but maybe:
A* - 83
A - 69
B - 49
C - 30
D - 15

Surely they should be lower, those grade boundaries are more like for past papers which were WAAYYY more easier than yesterdays pa0per :frown:
Reply 85
Original post by Pristar
oww hope you do well. Good luck!!! At least we have until friday to prepare for the calculator one. :biggrin:

Good luck to you too!
Yeah, ha. Although with some of those questions in that paper I probably wouldn't have even got them if I revised all night!
Reply 86
Original post by cogman
Surely they should be lower, those grade boundaries are more like for past papers which were WAAYYY more easier than yesterdays pa0per :frown:

I agree this paper was way too hard than the other i did every past paper and got an A this was just ridicilous :angry: and i hope to exam board recognises that.
Reply 87
Original post by cogman

Maybe but normally the boundary for A* is around 87, so the boundaries that I have predicted are lower than normal
and some people may have actually found the test easy
Reply 88
Good luck to you too!
Yeah, ha. Although with some of those questions in that paper I probably wouldn't have even got them if I revised all night!

Perfect example of how revision pays off then... Oh i think i got a B. I need a B or i wont be able to get into birmingham university. So scared lol :redface:
Please answer i need to know desperately
Are you allowed to resit the modular terminal papers in college or not?. If yes can you retake it in November
Reply 90
Original post by Pristar
Perfect example of how revision pays off then... Oh i think i got a B. I need a B or i wont be able to get into birmingham university. So scared lol :redface:

ahh I'm scared too
I hate how we have to wait so long for results!
Original post by Greensleeves
For Q10 my son put 384cm (cubed). Will he get any marks for this at all?

yes at least 3 marks
Original post by JakeYO
For question 17 could you not have proved that each angle were equal, in turn, with theorems?

You probably need to elaborate on what you mean by this.
Reply 93
Original post by Mr M

17. Geometrical Proof
Use angle sum of triangle equals 180 degrees to prove result (3 marks)

21. Equation of a straight line
a) Gradient =12= -\frac{1}{2} (2 marks)
b) y=x2+5y=-\frac{x}{2} + 5 (2 marks)

Hi Mr M! how many marks do you think i'd get if i used 'angles on a straight line add up to 180' on Q17) for my proof

and if I wrote y=12+5y=-\frac{1}{2} + 5 for 21b)

Thanks a lot!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 94
ahh I'm scared too
I hate how we have to wait so long for results!

i know. can we not find out our results online? i thought edexcel gives you a code or something...
Reply 95
I got 70/100 on this paper...is that an A?
what was the question for 14b?

construct an angle of 30 degs
Original post by ab786
Hi Mr M, I just have some questions to ask:
What out of hundred would be needed to get an A? Was this exam the hardest out of all the other maths exams?

Thanks

the grade boundaries are not decided until after all the papers are marked - it was the hardest for a couple of years
Original post by asimhaque
for the last question i showed all my working and got x=1 and x=-2, how many marks would i get?

depends on how much of your working was right
Reply 99
Mr M do you think 70/100 would be an A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending