The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear 1380 Higher Tier Paper 3 Answers June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
@nm786

Truss, calculator will be as hard. They aint that friendly.
Reply 981
Original post by vxrz
@Doodoo

Well, obviously some topics cant be done unless you have a calculator.

yes, but i am asking how did he come to this exact conclusion which was that these specified topics would appear on the calculator exams, because there are so many others...
Reply 982
im the 100th comment
Reply 983
i mean 1000th
Reply 984
Original post by nm786
probably a high A, couple of marks from an A*.

Ah thats great, I'm just slightly worried because last years grade boundaries where like so:

Mathematics (Linear) 3H & 4H A*173 A141 B105 C70 D40

I'm just worried that if I got a low 70, and another low 70 or high 60 and the grade boundaries go up so an A might jump to 146 (like it has before) then I'll miss out on an A grade by a few marks.
Reply 985
@Doodoo

Well, its coz apparently they rotate the topics every 3 years. So maybe they based that list on past papers.
Reply 986
Original post by examsfml
Hi Mr M

For the frequency polygon diagram, I drew the correct bars and joined up the mid points of each bar as you are supposed to.
However, I was doing a practice paper before Monday and it said that the first and last mid point should be joined to make a polygon.

So I did this is the exam and I don't think it is right. Will I lose marks for this or will I still get the marks as I plotted the midpoints and joined them?

Thanks

i'm not Mr.M. but, i've always been learnt that you have to join the midpoints. And what paper was it that "the first and last mid point should be joined to make a polygon"- (so, you only joined two mid-points?)
it probably said all the midpoints from the first to the last should be joined. :colondollar:
Reply 987
and how do u know they rotate the topics every 3yrs son
Reply 988
You make a line out of the midpoints of each bars. A bit like a line graph...?
Reply 989
Original post by nm786
i'm not Mr.M. but, i've always been learnt that you have to join the midpoints. And what paper was it that "the first and last mid point should be joined to make a polygon"- (so, you only joined two mid-points?)
it probably said all the midpoints from the first to the last should be joined. :colondollar:

No I joined all of the midpoints and then the first to the last.

November 2009, Paper 3H
(B1 All points plotted accurately not joined, or one error in plotting but joined) or all points plotted accurately with first joined to last, or all points at the correct heights and consistently within or at the ends of the intervals and joined (Includes joining last to first to make a polygon)).
Reply 990
Original post by Doodoo
im the 100th comment

You mean 1000th comment?? :smile:
Reply 991
Just general rotation LOL its kinda obvious when you see a similair question. There aint proof for everything!
Reply 992
Original post by examsfml
No I joined all of the midpoints and then the first to the last.

November 2009, Paper 3H
(B1 All points plotted accurately not joined, or one error in plotting but joined) or all points plotted accurately with first joined to last, or all points at the correct heights and consistently within or at the ends of the intervals and joined (Includes joining last to first to make a polygon)).

then, u will get full marks on the question if it says that in this mark scheme by edexcel. :biggrin:
Reply 993
Original post by Varsh05

read the comment below dumb ass:biggrin:
Reply 994
Just general rotation LOL its kinda obvious when you see a similair question. There aint proof for everything![/Qyour theory has no logical proof, however this information will be taken in, and tell ur mummy im gonna be late home 2day :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 995
Original post by Doodoo
read the comment below dumb ass:biggrin:

Yhh just saw it soz!
Reply 996
Original post by Varsh05

Original post by Doodoo
im the 100th comment

LOL it's funny cos calculator paper is on friday. :biggrin:
Reply 997
lol soo....what are u implying...