The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear 1380 Higher Tier Paper 3 Answers June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hyn_shayan
Is this paper marked on raw or UMS marks? I think I got 93+ or higher so that's probably an A* in raw marks but are UMS higher because some of my friends are worrying about their marks.

just forget about ums
Original post by ryanboi
Hey Mr M, do you think you can help me out with Question 17 and 25, like show me the working out to the question cuz incase it might come up again on the friday paper. Plz help me out ! Thank you.

those skills won't be tested again
Reply 1082
Yeah its right coz they specify a certain time period, say 7hrs 30mins up until 8hrs, even though im not sure its that for this question. But you aint far away so ur kl.
Original post by Mr M
answers above

Thank you so much Mr M! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You have been so helpful! I will certainly vote for you in the TSR Maths Forum awards! :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 1084
Mr M, what sort of questions do you expect?? Circle theorems, Probability trees??
Original post by nm786
you are a genius, man! :congrats::hat2:

Haha sarcasm ey :wink:
Original post by vxrz
Mr M, what sort of questions do you expect?? Circle theorems, Probability trees??

there is a list on post 2 of this thread
Reply 1087
Mr M, just wondering, how do you know whats in the calculator-- just cautious really :smile: cheers for the answers too :smile:
Mr. M doesn't know it's only suggestions :smile: and for the frequency polygon was it allowed to be joined at the ends ??
Original post by jadzirt
Mr M, just wondering, how do you know whats in the calculator-- just cautious really :smile: cheers for the answers too :smile:

experience
Reply 1090
Original post by LaurieStumper

Mr. M doesn't know it's only suggestions :smile: and for the frequency polygon was it allowed to be joined at the ends ??

I don't think so. I only knew because my friend told me on the bus on the morning of the exam. :tongue:
Okay cheers :smile: can't remember wat I did :frown: loads of people got h = 4x/2 would that get marks?
are these just ur answers or are u sure there right ?
are these just ur answers or are u sure there right ?

Well the thread has been read nearly 78,000 times and everyone else seems satisfied with them.
Hey, Mr M.
Do you know how many marks I would get for the hemisphere question if I wrote:

surface area of hemisphere= 2Pr^2 + Pr^2
= 2Px^2 + Px^2
Surface area of cone= Prl (hyp) + Pr^2
= Pxl + Px^2

Therefore: 2Px^2 + Px^2 = Pxl + Px^2
(- Px^2 from BS) 2Px^2 = Pxl

Pythagoras: A^2 = b^2+ c^2

Then I somehow square rooted both sides and ended up with root 2 somehow. I know I got the answer wrong but by using Pythag and writing the formulaes how many marks would I get out of 5?
Thanks!
Original post by Mr M
there is a list on post 2 of this thread

Thank you so much once again for such an accurate and detailed mark scheme and for answering all of my numerous questions - I really cannot thank you enough! :biggrin:

I think I achieved 84 marks/100. Will this be enough for an A* Mr M? I am really worried! :frown:
Original post by estudiante_numero1
Thank you so much once again for such an accurate and detailed mark scheme and for answering all of my numerous questions - I really cannot thank you enough! :biggrin:

I think I achieved 84 marks/100. Will this be enough for an A* Mr M? I am really worried! :frown:

probably if you do well on the second paper too
Reply 1097
Original post by hyn_shayan
Haha sarcasm ey :wink:

nah. It's the truth, u r a genius, you got 90+ in a very hard exam, that makes u a genius! I get jealous of people like u:hat2: :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Taliahart
Hey, Mr M.
Do you know how many marks I would get for the hemisphere question if I wrote:

surface area of hemisphere= 2Pr^2 + Pr^2
= 2Px^2 + Px^2
Surface area of cone= Prl (hyp) + Pr^2
= Pxl + Px^2

Therefore: 2Px^2 + Px^2 = Pxl + Px^2
(- Px^2 from BS) 2Px^2 = Pxl

Pythagoras: A^2 = b^2+ c^2

Then I somehow square rooted both sides and ended up with root 2 somehow. I know I got the answer wrong but by using Pythag and writing the formulaes how many marks would I get out of 5?
Thanks!

2 or 3
Original post by Mr M
probably if you do well on the second paper too

Thank you for replying! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending