The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear 1380 Higher Tier Paper 3 Answers June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by Mr M
The grade D questions at the front are much easier than the grade A* questions at the back but provide a similar number of marks per question. Start at the front.

thank u, i shall obey your command master. :yep::happy2::chaplin::blush:
Here at home, I usually finish past papers within 45 minutes and always get between 95 and 100, in silence and everything.
I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what happened in the exam, I can't stop thinking about it, because I've got like 83 or something according to this mark scheme. I think I'm going to start of with easy questions at the beginning. Like say the ones I'm most comfortable with, I will do first, build confidence and go on to the rest. I think that's what I'll do on friday
Mr.M just out of intrest are you chinese ??
Reply 1183
Original post by Mr M
my maths knowledge beyond further maths a level is nothing special

what school do u teach at? i mean have a teacher who is really rubbish at maths, i bet with your teaching most of your students are aiming A*'s
Original post by LaurieStumper

No I'm not Mr Ming.
Reply 1185

LOL :biggrin: that's funny cos most chinese are smart and maybe Mr.M is chinese, good question! :biggrin:

that's a silly and potentially offensive question..
Reply 1187
Original post by Mr M
No I'm not Mr Ming.

LOL:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Mr M
No I'm not Mr Ming.

Just tryna figure out how ur soo good at maths ? :smile:
Original post by Zak_Dubai

Wat saying that :smile: many maths geniuses are chinese ??:smile:
Reply 1190
Wat saying that :smile: many maths geniuses are chinese ??:smile:

you're right, they are complete NERDS which makes me jealous!
I have honestly taught myself EVERYTHING I know about GCSE-level Maths...all at home.
All my teacher has done is teach me stem and leaf diagram, and that really isn't any exaggeration.
Original post by nm786
what school do u teach at? i mean have a teacher who is really rubbish at maths, i bet with your teaching most of your students are aiming A*'s

You don't need to put me on a pedestal. My students would tell you I'm a boring moody git who keeps nagging them to work on crappy maths when they would much rather send a text, discuss Eastenders or apply their make-up.
chinese kids don't need to use calculators in the calculator paper :P they are calculators
Reply 1194
I have honestly taught myself EVERYTHING I know about GCSE-level Maths...all at home.

good 4 U!:congrats:

I did roll my eyes at the racial stereotype.
Mr M are you teaching the top sets?? I don't understand Im top set year 10, and we seem to have the worst teacher? Why have they given the best teachers to the lower sets, what to 'even' it out? Well that works, seeing as in the recent modular exams, only ONE person got a* in my whole year.
Reply 1197
Original post by Mr M
You don't need to put me on a pedestal. My students would tell you I'm a boring moody git who keeps nagging them to work on crappy maths when they would much rather send a text, discuss Eastenders or apply their make-up.

i would love to have u as my maths teacher:colondollar:, simply because i love maths and it's the only subject in which i can possibly achieve an A*
Reply 1198

Thankyou so much! if anyone has the markschemes would be very helpful but thanks ^^
Original post by nm786
good 4 U!:congrats:

Is that sarcasm? I'm not showing off, just stating the truth to emphasise the quality of maths teaching in my class.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending