The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear 1380 Higher Tier Paper 3 Answers June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Hi, im using MathsWatch to revise for the calculator paper tommorow, do you have any reccomendations on which clips i should watch.

Thanks
Reply 1381
Original post by Dougall
maybe you only do it if the number is odd then? because yeah that seems wierd...

it does seem weird, I was like WHAT!
with even n/2
with odd n+1/2
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1382
Original post by dippa
hi, im using mathswatch to revise for the calculator paper tommorow, do you have any reccomendations on which clips i should watch.

Thanks

Mr.M has given out a list of topics that will come up in the calculator paper, so watch all the clips of these topics.
Reply 1383
Correct region indicated by shading or
clearly labelled. Boundaries of the region may
be solid or dashed.
that was from a mark scheme......(talking about the inqualities being dotted or dashed)
Reply 1384
Original post by nm786

yeah because obviously the answer is quite clearl 31 :L

only for odd number hten me thinks?... hmm ill look at mymaths :}
Reply 1385
Original post by Dougall
Correct region indicated by shading or
clearly labelled. Boundaries of the region may
be solid or dashed.
that was from a mark scheme......(talking about the inqualities being dotted or dashed)

x>1=dotted
x<1=dotted
X=1=solid line
Reply 1386
Original post by nm786
everyone i did n/2
the sample size was 62, so 62/2=31
so, median class is frequency 31

n=62 -> 62/2=31.

If you did a column showing CF: you'd see that 31 lies in 21 to 25.

So median= 21+ (31-7)/19 *4
hi just wanted to check something. if a question asks for you to complete the square, and it was an equation like x^2 + 8x, you can only go up to (x+4)^2 - 16, right? you can't actually solve it (as in have two values for x)?
the only questions you can solve with completing the square is when its a quadratic equation (ending in = 0)
is that correct? thanks. :smile:
Reply 1388
Original post by marek35

If you did a column showing CF: you'd see that 31 lies in 21 to 25.

So median= 21+ (31-7)/19 *4

your confusing me now :confused::confused:
Reply 1389
Original post by georgiaaaxo
hi just wanted to check something. if a question asks for you to complete the square, and it was an equation like x^2 + 8x, you can only go up to (x+4)^2 - 16, right? you can't actually solve it (as in have two values for x)?
the only questions you can solve with completing the square is when its a quadratic equation (ending in = 0)
is that correct? thanks. :smile:

Yes that is an expression, hence you can't solve it.
Reply 1390
has anyone started revising for add maths?... im still on a C, well peeed off though because i messed up a simultaneous equation which would have give me a B
Original post by marek35
Yes that is an expression, hence you can't solve it.

thought so! thanks :smile:
Reply 1392
Original post by nm786
your confusing me now :confused::confused:

That is how you work out the median for that grouped frequency table.
Reply 1393
Original post by nm786

Original post by nm786
x&gt;1=dotted
x&lt;1=dotted
X=1=solid line

the inequalities i was asked to draw were all equal to or greater than..... but the mark scheme said it didnt matter.... argh i htink im just getting more and more confused :s
Reply 1394
Original post by Dougall
no, what you are wokring out is the mean. sigma fx / sigma f...... that's the mean

Oh yeah sorry I thought he was asking the mean :P, as median is so easy lol.
Reply 1395
Original post by F35-LII

Original post by F35-LII
Oh yeah sorry I thought he was asking the mean :P, as median is so easy lol.

haha.... i do that all the time... one quesiton said do a line which is parallel, and i did perpendicular because it was liek a 2 mark question :L
I can't actually remember the questions.. could you post them as well?
yo Mr M, was wondering about two things;

1.) For the transformation question i wrote vector of (6 1)....will i get one mark for that?

2.) For the questionnaire, i said the sample size might be too small? will that get the mark.

Thanks
Original post by Dougall
has anyone started revising for add maths?... im still on a C, well peeed off though because i messed up a simultaneous equation which would have give me a B

Add maths. Yes started revision a while back. Im on target for an a/b boderline. Look on the question about the questionairre (non calc the one we just did). I said the person should include a larger sample size. Wrong or right?
Reply 1399
Original post by Wicked maths

Original post by Wicked maths
yo Mr M, was wondering about two things;

1.) For the transformation question i wrote vector of (6 1)....will i get one mark for that?

2.) For the questionnaire, i said the sample size might be too small? will that get the mark.

Thanks

i saw someone ask the same question earlier
urm for (6 1) you'll gte 1 mark, and if you said translated thats another
saying the sampole size isn't relevant because it was about the place she had selected rather than the number.. so probaly none

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending