Original post by sh123:)
i think i lost about 20 marks already :frown:

i know that the length of AB was 5
simultaneous one was 3.5, -4
last question was -2 and 3 i think
recipricol was 1/8
the percentage increase was 600%

but i failed vectors, hemisphere question and many more :frown:

wrong exam my friend, there wasn't a vectors question!
Reply 21
Original post by CE.Guy
wrong exam my friend, there wasn't a vectors question!

higher unit 3 paper for gcse, there was a vector question. it was about prove something was parallel to something else :/
Reply 22
I'm pretty certain I got everything else correct apart from the last question. So that would mean 95/100. An A* is roughly 85%?. If I don't get 90%+ on the next paper, or the A* overall, I'm not going to be alive after my parents see the results.
Reply 23
higher unit 3 paper for gcse, there was a vector question. it was about prove something was parallel to something else :/

Think this is the IGCSE paper 3h higher tier. Think we're doing different papers here.
Reply 24
I'm hoping for a B
Can anyone remember the topics that were in 3H, that way we can tell the topics that will be in 4H
Reply 25
Original post by BananaPie
I'm pretty certain I got everything else correct apart from the last question. So that would mean 95/100. An A* is roughly 85%?. If I don't get 90%+ on the next paper, or the A* overall, I'm not going to be alive after my parents see the results.

for the standard form question did you

a^2/10 * 10^2n+1?

i forgot to put down 2n for some reason, i just wrote n+1 ! stupid error.. that' the only question i've got wrong i think
Reply 26
i think i lost about 20 marks already :frown:

recipricol was 1/8

I think you are talking about the GCSE , not igcse, i dont remember any of those questions you are talking about...:colondollar:
Reply 27
Original post by CE.Guy
for the standard form question did you

a^2/10 * 10^2n+1?

i forgot to put down 2n for some reason, i just wrote n+1 ! stupid error.. that' the only question i've got wrong i think

Yeah I wrote "a/10 x10^2n+1"
Reply 28
Original post by Blob2491
I'm hoping for a B
Can anyone remember the topics that were in 3H, that way we can tell the topics that will be in 4H

my teachers giving me a list of topics that she thinks is gonna be in 4h, when i get that, i'll give it to you!
Reply 29
Original post by Blob2491
I'm hoping for a B

Vectors, Histograms and Functions should definitely be on paper 4h. They appear every year so they should appear on this friday's paper since yesterday's didn't have it. Not guaranteed though.

Think vectors, histograms and functions should be the main thing people should revise, least most of my year has trouble with those.
Reply 30
Yeah I wrote "a/10 x10^2n+1"

you remembered to write a^2/10 right? a/10's incorrect!
Reply 31
Original post by CE.Guy
my teachers giving me a list of topics that she thinks is gonna be in 4h, when i get that, i'll give it to you!

Ah thanks!
Reply 32
Vectors, Histograms and Functions should definitely be on paper 4h. They appear every year so they should appear on this friday's paper since yesterday's didn't have it. Not guaranteed though.

Think vectors, histograms and functions should be the main thing people should revise, least most of my year has trouble with those.

+ inequalities and line graphs, can't remember if those were in 3H
Reply 33
Original post by CE.Guy
you remembered to write a^2/10 right? a/10's incorrect!

Yeah my bad, a^2x10^2n+1.

I wrote that in my method, but when I circled the final answer I don't remember if I put the "^2" on the "a" though. If I didn't, it isn't too much of a loss. As long as its above 90 I'll be happy. (They shouldn't penalize you a lot if its in the method but you wrote the answer down wrongly by accident. Hopefully when I did it yesterday I remembered to write the ^2 before circling)
Reply 34
btw, the grade boundaries are pretty low, 90% is not the lower bound for an A* whoever said that.
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/0906%20iGCSE%20Grade%20Boundaries%20Home.pdf
Reply 35
Original post by master y
btw, the grade boundaries are pretty low, 90% is not the lower bound for an A* whoever said that.
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/0906%20iGCSE%20Grade%20Boundaries%20Home.pdf

It varies from year to year. 90% is highly unlikely though. taking 85% as a safe assumption for A* would be the best atm.

[QUOTE=sh123[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];31987818]i think i lost about 20 marks already :frown:

recipricol was 1/8

r u sure % increase was 600
Reply 37
Original post by quintillion
r u sure % increase was 600

oh i mean 500% sorry!
Reply 38
oh i mean 500% sorry!

wrong paper guys, please start a new discussion, this is for IGCSE.
Reply 39
Original post by CE.Guy
there were two different answers.. since it was a quadratic.. i checked with my calculator by storing the numbers i got as X and Y and it was right.. one of them was definitely -1 and 1.. forgot what the other one was!

wasnt the other answer 7/5 and -0.2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending