The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 3A uk political issues

Scroll to see replies

Original post by timmy-miles
agreed! I'm hoping for two 15 mark econ questions and then a 45 mark econ question! Good luck to you too :smile:

That wont happen, if there is 2 of one question in the 15 mark section then they leave it out of the 45. Also i think two economy questions came up in January or last year so i doubt it will be that. Personally i'm hoping for two Law and Orders.
Original post by Vinnygillan
That wont happen, if there is 2 of one question in the 15 mark section then they leave it out of the 45. Also i think two economy questions came up in January or last year so i doubt it will be that. Personally i'm hoping for two Law and Orders.

It was a bit of a dream I am not going to lie! To be honest I have got a good grounding in today, I'll go to bed in a bit and do about 5 hrs tomorrow hopefully that will put me in a good enough position!
I think that it's against the rules to be talking about the exam at this stage chaps, so might want to edit those posts lest you feel the wrath of the mods!

For the record though, I thought it went well.
soz
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
You can't talk about Edexcel exams till 4.30 am

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=276&a=629
Reply 45
Time's passed now. I think it was pretty good the wording of the questions were strange however.
Reply 46
Original post by ellie_the_owl
Time's passed now. I think it was pretty good the wording of the questions were strange however.

Which questions did you do and what did you mention?
Reply 47
Seeing as we're now able to discuss the exam, I did the 15 markers on wind farms, globalisation and pensions and the 45 marker on law and order. As a matter of interest how did those of you who chose the pensions and globalisation questions answer? I'm not entirely sure I answered them as well as I could have. :P
Reply 48
Original post by abrarda1
Which questions did you do and what did you mention?

Pensions -

Triple Guarantee
Age rise
Bonus if you put off claiming
Pension protection
Second Pension/ stakeholder

Crime figures -
crime down - fear up
serious crimes up better at reporting
distortion in the media

Health
desirable - money decided by professionals not bueracts
necessary - reductions in managerial staff undesirable
undesirable - medical staff not seeing patients
can't think of what else I put
Reply 49
Original post by ellie_the_owl
Pensions -

Triple Guarantee
Age rise
Bonus if you put off claiming
Pension protection
Second Pension/ stakeholder

Crime figures -
crime down - fear up
serious crimes up better at reporting
distortion in the media

Health
desirable - money decided by professionals not bueracts
necessary - reductions in managerial staff undesirable
undesirable - medical staff not seeing patients
can't think of what else I put

Yeah my answers were very similar. For the NHS question I didn't know how to interpret the word "desirable". It's a subjective judgement? So complete privatisation may be desirable for some and not for others.. So I chose to discuss ideological views held by the Conservatives and LD's and then explain why the proposals would be desirable. Mentioned the control of elderly care being devolved to councils (similarly to the way the tories reformed mental health care in the 90's), necessary because it saves money but also desireable because it caters to the conservative ideological commitment to shrinking the NHS but goes against LD views on equality/universal provision. Then something about ring fencing NHS spending - politically necessary because health inflation is high and people love seeing governments spend money, not desirable for far right Tories. GP fundholding = marketisation/quasi privatisation desirable. I found it difficult to explain why something wasn't necessary without going into costs. It was very strangely worded!

Did you/anybody else do the economy 45 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending