Original post by CleverSquirrel
ahhhh i see, yeah sorry @raman_17 , @AppleB is very very smart!! :yep:
I second that!!

:ahee: thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm off to a restaurant... Bye :biggrin:
Only have like 20 mins to get there
Original post by ssshah2
I will never doubt the dedication of the martyrs towards their beliefs and faith, and I shall bow to your greater knowledge of this matter with all due respect :smile:

However, please be free to correct me anybody in this thread, I fail to understand how it could be deemed correct, or even ethical for a sikh group to receive aid from Pakistan? The very country whose formation caused the mass massacre, and rape of both the Hindu and Sikh populace in western Punjab!

http://www.panthic.org/articles/3485

Hell, due to the formation of the country, Sikhs by and large lost access to some of their holiest Shrines in Lahore and Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib.
So please do enlighten me on this matter.

And lastly, Sikhism treats the usage of violence as a means of last resort to achieve a goal. Was the need to be recognised as separate from Hindus so great that such drastic measure were necessary? We Hindus will be forever indebted to the Sikh gurus, like Guru Tegh Bahadur for defending us against the mughals and other muslim rulers. We share many cultural similarities, we both cremate our dead and also believe in Karma. In fact, at the Gurudwara near where I grew I up, I was taught that Hindus and Sikhs share a 'Roti Beti di Sanjh' (I had to look up the spelling ;P). Every time I travel to the coast, I stay and pray at the Gurudwara at Makindu (its a famous one in Kenya), and the Granthi always treats us as any Sikh. Further, in my temple we have a portrait of Guru Nanak next that of Lord Rama, and several Sikhs come to offer milk to Lord Shiva every monday.
So why the sudden spite against each other brother?
Sure, India since 1947 hasn't been the land of dreams it was meant to be, and even I share a historic dislike for the Indian government, but I hope that a majority of mainstream Sikhs don't end up wanting to quit India, and get into an armed struggle.

If they give milk or anything else to any Hindu God they are not Sikhs. Sikhism does not believe in Idols of stone. This is the basis of Sikhi. Creamation is not essential it's just practical otherwise Dhan Guru Nanak Nirankar Ji would have not permitted the Muslims to bury him & Hindus to cremate (his body vanished leaving a shroud ripped into two for burial & cremation)

Research Nehru, Indira betrayal of Sikhs this is why Sikhs are against India. The massacre of millions of baptised Sikhs by the governments from the moment 1947-2016.

Nankana Sahib & many other Gurdwaras in Pakistan are protected, not one incident of attack or erasing. The constitution of india.DOES NOT RECOGNISE SIKH MARRIAGE YET PAKISTAN DOES! Digest that. Constitution of India is not recognising Sikhs. This is WHY. Nothing new hundreds of countries have formed due to independence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
If they give milk or anything else to any Hindu God they are not Sikhs. Sikhism does not believe in Idols of stone. This is the basis of Sikhi. Creamation is not essential it's just practical otherwise Dhan Guru Nanak Nirankar Ji would have not permitted the Muslims to bury him & Hindus to cremate (his body vanished leaving a shroud ripped into two for burial & cremation)

Research Nehru, Indira betrayal of Sikhs this is why Sikhs are against India. The massacre of millions of baptised Sikhs by the governments from the moment 1947-2016.

Nankana Sahib & many other Gurdwaras in Pakistan are protected, not one incident of attack or erasing. The constitution of india.DOES NOT RECOGNISE SIKH MARRIAGE YET PAKISTAN DOES! Digest that. Constitution of India is not recognising Sikhs. This is WHY. Nothing new hundreds of countries have formed due to independence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually India does - the central government passed the Anand Marriage Act back in 2012 which allows Sikhs to register marriages under their own law. However, because of the federal structure of India, implementation is left to individual states. Punjab failed to implement this Act, but Haryana has implemented it.
Original post by nucdev
Actually India does - the central government passed the Anand Marriage Act back in 2012 which allows Sikhs to register marriages under their own law. However, because of the federal structure of India, implementation is left to individual states. Punjab failed to implement this Act, but Haryana has implemented it.

Too late. But Badal & Co the bastard CM of Punjab is the puppet of the Government. They are too fearful to implement it, as those ********s want Sikhs under the Hindu banner. This is never going to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Continuation of Bachithar Nattak, the third composition in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji - more specifically in 'The Command of Supreme Lord to Me be born into the World', which is the sixth chapter of Bachithar Natak.

Spoiler

This section starts off by saying that the following will be what God has said to me (Guru Gobind Singh Ji).

It goes through what has happened since the beginning and answers what happened to the other people God sent.

Previous Part http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1676154&page=391&highlight=&p=65857717#post65857717
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SMEGGGY
OK I agree with you to some extent. My anti Hindi views should not label all Hindus as evil. As said Sikhi has no animoy towards anyone. RSS, BJP, Shiv Sena are those that irate me. Guru Sahibs are against Idolatry, effigy, pictir worship. As I believe is also stated in the Geeta.

Like the Latin Priests of Christianity took advantage of the illiterate people and told them what was their own opinion, the Pandits/Brahmins of earlier times did the same with the people of India. Idol worshipping became prevalent, and continues to this say. Saying that Most religions have it, though apposed by scripture and so on.

Sikhs should be recognised as a seprate religion in the indian constitution and not just has keshdhari hindus correct? Politics but this is the main factor Sikhs have towards India.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've responded to this in more detail on the Hindu Soc thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196294&p=65968128#post65968128) to save any [further] derailment of the Sikh Soc :lol:
Dibs on the 8000th post :biggrin:
I just need to post after this post....

Latest

Trending

Trending