The Student Room Group

Am I a bad person for leading on my boyfriend?

Okay for context i am 17 f and my boyfriend is a couple weeks younger 17 m. We were best friends for months before I realised I liked him but then i lost interest quickly realising we wouldn't materialise, however like 2 weeks ago i started liking him again, i kept it hidden until last week when I told him how i felt. It turns out he felt the same way and in fact had liked me for much longer. I like my distance and have bad commitment issues ive never been a relationship person but for him i was willing to try. The thing is because I didn't expect him to like me i had been trying to shake off the feelings and it was working. Now we are together and its been like 4 days but he is so clingy i cant deal with it i just wish i was single because he comes with so much stress and a lack of ambition whereas I want to do well in life he will settle for bare minimum riding on my coat tails. I hate that. These flaws are coming so much or me to bare and because we have been so clsoe for months id have thought he would be able to realise that i like my space, im awful with emotions because in my past emotions were never encouraged (im indian sikh and he is a white english boy) so culture differences are massive. On a relationship resume i have so much going for me but him not so much. Im so stuck because i know he is just happy to be with me but i am unable to process emotions and i feel claustrophobic. Im trying to stick it out for as long as possible but its becoming so difficult. Please help because i just dont know what to do.Before you judge me bare in mind a literal week before i was with him i was talking to like 15 guys that gave me space and talked to me how i wanted to be like respected and not a child. I have had a difficult childhood so i just cant deal with this.
Original post by melfdestroya
Okay for context i am 17 f and my boyfriend is a couple weeks younger 17 m. We were best friends for months before I realised I liked him but then i lost interest quickly realising we wouldn't materialise, however like 2 weeks ago i started liking him again, i kept it hidden until last week when I told him how i felt. It turns out he felt the same way and in fact had liked me for much longer. I like my distance and have bad commitment issues ive never been a relationship person but for him i was willing to try. The thing is because I didn't expect him to like me i had been trying to shake off the feelings and it was working. Now we are together and its been like 4 days but he is so clingy i cant deal with it i just wish i was single because he comes with so much stress and a lack of ambition whereas I want to do well in life he will settle for bare minimum riding on my coat tails. I hate that. These flaws are coming so much or me to bare and because we have been so clsoe for months id have thought he would be able to realise that i like my space, im awful with emotions because in my past emotions were never encouraged (im indian sikh and he is a white english boy) so culture differences are massive. On a relationship resume i have so much going for me but him not so much. Im so stuck because i know he is just happy to be with me but i am unable to process emotions and i feel claustrophobic. Im trying to stick it out for as long as possible but its becoming so difficult. Please help because i just dont know what to do.Before you judge me bare in mind a literal week before i was with him i was talking to like 15 guys that gave me space and talked to me how i wanted to be like respected and not a child. I have had a difficult childhood so i just cant deal with this.

for both your sake and his, break up with him. staying with him for the sake of his happiness will not end well at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending