The Student Room Group

Naruto Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by desdemonata
I don't think he was there to be honest, I don't think it was anything like Obito's death where Kakashi was leader and it was his job to keep them safe/alive. Is her name on the memorial stone, though? If it isn't (Kakashi only ever looks at Obito's name, right? :s-smilie:)... that's very interesting :biggrin:

Kakashi seems like he's been stopping himself from falling apart for years, so yeah I can see him being resilient enough to keep it together even when Obito himself is coming back from the dead. It's very un-Kakashi to lose his cool lol, but I can also tell this Obito thing is going to hit him hard. So losing the will to fight does sound about right :frown:

I bet he wasn't there too, which would make Obito blaming him more stupid. Though that bit was confusing - 'You let Rin die - there's no point blaming anything' I have no idea. Do you remember in 597 that panel of him lookig at a grave? That could have been Rin's...

He has, he's such an incredible character to me :/ to be fair if he doesn't lose his cool over this, then it'd be unbelievable. I mean, Kakashi based his entire way of life around this guy, and then to find out he's alive, the reason for all this trouble, still blames him AND wants nothing to do with him. It's a lot to take in :/ his world is falling apart.
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
I bet he wasn't there too, which would make Obito blaming him more stupid. Though that bit was confusing - 'You let Rin die - there's no point blaming anything' I have no idea. Do you remember in 597 that panel of him lookig at a grave? That could have been Rin's...

He has, he's such an incredible character to me :/ to be fair if he doesn't lose his cool over this, then it'd be unbelievable. I mean, Kakashi based his entire way of life around this guy, and then to find out he's alive, the reason for all this trouble, still blames him AND wants nothing to do with him. It's a lot to take in :/ his world is falling apart.

Yeah, I can imagine it being a mission with another team where she died, or maybe she wasn't KIA at all - which would explain the grave and the lack of her name on the memorial stone.
And lol yeah, "you let Rin die, so I hate you. This life doesn't matter, but I hate you anyways". Hm. :lol:

He's probably one of my fave characters. I can see him keeping his cool but then just letting himself wither away and die after the war's over (if he survives, etc.) and not doing anything to stop it. Or doing something Kamikaze.
Yep, pretty much everything he does and how he acts is related to Obito in some way. So this is the biggest mind**** ever :redface: Poor Kakashi :frown:
Original post by desdemonata
Yeah, I can imagine it being a mission with another team where she died, or maybe she wasn't KIA at all - which would explain the grave and the lack of her name on the memorial stone.
And lol yeah, "you let Rin die, so I hate you. This life doesn't matter, but I hate you anyways". Hm. :lol:

He's probably one of my fave characters. I can see him keeping his cool but then just letting himself wither away and die after the war's over (if he survives, etc.) and not doing anything to stop it. Or doing something Kamikaze.
Yep, pretty much everything he does and how he acts is related to Obito in some way. So this is the biggest mind**** ever :redface: Poor Kakashi :frown:

Probably. I sort of want her death to be made important though, so there's some more of a basis for it being Tobi's motive. But if just some random unnamed people killed her...

Yeah, he's been my favourite since the beginning. I really hope he doesn't die :/ But what you just described seems very likely DX I hope not though.

I bet Kishi switches to Sasuke and Orochimaru now -.- or maybe the Konoha people will finally get there.
Ooh, new chapter's out. It ended, and I was like 'HOW DARE YOU END THERE' :smile:
Reply 584
My reaction to the chapter:

I was the one in the middle.

But 5/5 chapter for me. I was disappointed by the last two chapters, but for me this was a big return to form from kishi.
Reply 585
Original post by zxh800
My reaction to the chapter:

I was the one in the middle.

But 5/5 chapter for me. I was disappointed by the last two chapters, but for me this was a big return to form from kishi.

I found this chapter real page turner. But when the chapter ended I was like “How can there be two obito’s and where the heck are they !?” . Hope the next chapter won’t let us down! :smile:
Original post by Sheel1
I found this chapter real page turner. But when the chapter ended I was like “How can there be two obito’s and where the heck are they !?” . Hope the next chapter won’t let us down! :smile:

2 Obito's? There aren't 2 obitos :tongue: that old man is Madara as 90+ year old :tongue: and that kid is obito after being crushed.

unless I read your post wrong.
Reply 587
Original post by Sheel1

I first interpreted it as some old Uchiha guy (Izuna?) controlling Obito's body whilst Obito is trapped in his mind. But, after reading around and re-reading the chapter. I think it's just a flashback to soon after Obito was crushed. It's just Old Madara rescuing Obito, thus showing us that Madara was still alive at that point although in no condition to face Minato 2 years later.
Reply 588
601 was certainly better than 599 and 600, but it seemed liked the only way to go following on from what we've seen tbh. Obito must possess something, or some quality that convinced madara/other awesome uchiha dude (90% sure it's madara) to save him. What could this be? He was so weak, especially for someone like madara to save
Reply 589
Original post by desijut
601 was certainly better than 599 and 600, but it seemed liked the only way to go following on from what we've seen tbh. Obito must possess something, or some quality that convinced madara/other awesome uchiha dude (90% sure it's madara) to save him. What could this be? He was so weak, especially for someone like madara to save

i swear izuna is alive...if madara prolonged his life with senju dna then it must be logic that the 1st person he would save is his own brother....i think the person sasuke is going to meet is izuna( he hates madara because he was always evil plus he stole his eyes forcefully) and it would make sense because oruchimaru described the person to know everything behind the uchihas. After talking to izuna he will send sasuke to where naruto is and they will fight together agnaist madara caz its obvious at this point neither sasuke or naruto can beat madara alone they have to team up and rape asss hahaha XD
Reply 590
Original post by a10
i swear izuna is alive...if madara prolonged his life with senju dna then it must be logic that the 1st person he would save is his own brother....i think the person sasuke is going to meet is izuna( he hates madara because he was always evil plus he stole his eyes forcefully) and it would make sense because oruchimaru described the person to know everything behind the uchihas. After talking to izuna he will send sasuke to where naruto is and they will fight together agnaist madara caz its obvious at this point neither sasuke or naruto can beat madara alone they have to team up and rape asss hahaha XD

True, I think Izuna will come into this too
Reply 591
A shame so much of this war has been off-panel. I kind of think the Kages will all survive, since an off-panel fight doesn't seem worthy for a main character death. Plus Kishi seems averted to killing anyone in this "war". I hoped the Anime might extend the fights so we see it all in detail, but no, obviously not. They're making up their own lame filler fights. Plus they'd just cock it up anyway a la Naruto vs Pain.

I guess we'll start to get the explanation we all crave next chapter. I agree, Obito must have some special quality for Madara to want him. Or perhaps Madara is quite weak here, so Obito was all he could get. I do wonder how Madara found out about him, and then twisted him.

Also, this old Madara, I suppose this is what Kabuto meant when he said he revived him in his prime. Weird he can mess with the Edo Tensei like that, and yet he didn't bother with Nagato. Feels like a bit of an asspull. Could've just made old Madara absorb someone as Nagato did with Naruto. But it leads me to wonder how much Edo Tensei can be modified.

I guess Obito will turn good, seems like the obvious thing now, and Kishi's been incredibly obvious lately. No idea what will happen with Madara & the Ten Tails though. Nor Sasuke & Oro, or Kabuto if he still has a part to play. I'd assume so as he was spared.
Just read the latest chapter. Some faith restored, but I'm going to wait to see what happens :tongue:

Kakashi's still holding it together though! :awesome:
I never though I would say this but it's good that we will hopefully go into flash backs because I need to know what the hell went down between Obito and Madara.
Oh and I completely forgot that Bee was even in this fight lol
Reply 594
Original post by Whostolemycookie
I never though I would say this but it's good that we will hopefully go into flash backs because I need to know what the hell went down between Obito and Madara.
Oh and I completely forgot that Bee was even in this fight lol

When there are usually flashbacks, they're recycled from previous chapters, this one, however is a new one so it's ok
Reply 595
A few things are starting to get explained now, not quite as many questions, yay :smile:
I agree with xDave, Kishi's been very obvious lately. Hopefully that was only for the Obito is Tobi thing, as that was a dead giveaway by 599. Unless of course that was only to serve as proof that it isn't Obito or something, as he could still throw a spanner in the works and make who fought Madara, Izuna, Shishui, Kagami or whatever. I still think Madara controlled a Zetsu-repaired Obito vs Minato.
Anyone else seen the new chapter, finally explains Obito's survival
Reply 598
Original post by dinrah04
Anyone else seen the new chapter, finally explains Obito's survival

didn't explain it completely but it was okay haha. obviously Madara is a bad bastard and persuaded him to be evil but if you noticed Obito didn't want to revive Madara he even got mad when Kabuto revived him it seems he wants to double cross him I hope that happens :biggrin:.
Reply 599
Also explains how/why Madara was still alive for so long.

Doesn't explain how in a couple years Obito was strong enough to take on the 4th Hokage. Hopefully more will be revealed soon, chapters feel way too short man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending