The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akkuz
Just looking at Physio room, was wondering what had happened to Gibbo. Don't think he will get a single game this season.

Gibson is still out injured with no return date. :lol:

And Hargreaves is out injured with no return date. :ahee: That one certainly slipped under the radar.

Some random sunday morning info for you there, folks.

Hargreaves is a lost cause. He'll always be picking up niggles and worse injuries. Michael Owen is a picture of health compared with Hargreaves and this is saying something. It's unfortunate for Hargreaves but it's quite clear the lad is made of glass and I can't see him being particularly worthwhile for Man City - perhaps playing the odd 10-20 minutes in an already won Carling Cup fixture...and such like.

No mention of Gibson at all this season. The lad should have moved on when he had the chance to. He simply isn't United quality, he needs to accept this, however reluctantly, and move on.
Original post by --NWzD9--
Agree. Who would you have beside him in midfield? Id say Fletcher.

I'd probably go for Fletcher aswell. Of course, he needs a good run of games to recapture consistent form after he suffered from that virus which KO'd him. But Fletcher/Cleverley combo in a traditional 4-4-2 could work well and obviously, in a 4-5-1, Anderson could come in.

How does everyone view Anderson's season so far? This season, as he was this summer injury free, went through pre-season etc, was supposed to be THE season. He started off well, but has faded. Will he come good like Nani? I think he is going to take longer than Nani to really and truely show his class, I feel Cleverley could surpass him and develop much quicker.
Original post by Akkuz
Just looking at Physio room, was wondering what had happened to Gibbo. Don't think he will get a single game this season.

Gibson is still out injured with no return date. :lol:

He's been included in irelands 23 man play offs squad for november (think its 11th and 15th) so he must be at least starting to train with the squad if he's being included in the squad.

(I know Long has been included too and he's out for weeks but they dont have much cover for strikers whereas they do for midfielders)
Original post by Aky786UK
I'd probably go for Fletcher aswell. Of course, he needs a good run of games to recapture consistent form after he suffered from that virus which KO'd him. But Fletcher/Cleverley combo in a traditional 4-4-2 could work well and obviously, in a 4-5-1, Anderson could come in.

How does everyone view Anderson's season so far? This season, as he was this summer injury free, went through pre-season etc, was supposed to be THE season. He started off well, but has faded. Will he come good like Nani? I think he is going to take longer than Nani to really and truely show his class, I feel Cleverley could surpass him and develop much quicker.

Definitely agree on your points about anderson. He did start off very brightly and looked like a very good box-to-box midfielder. He has dropped slightly in form, first few matches played very good. But i don't think its anything for us utd fans to worry about. Just a rough patch some footballers goes through (unlike messi, ronaldo, iniesta, xavi etc. who never seem to!!)

What do people think about Welbeck's versatility?
Original post by Aky786UK

Anderson started the season very well but has started to fade pretty badly. :nopity: It's in the Chelsea and Man City games that he went completely missing. He's obviously a confidence player and one/two poor passes (there were a couple in both of those matches...one which led to a 1-on-1 with De Gea, iirc) at the start of games can affect him for the rest of the game.

Still, he showed in those first 5 or so games of the season what he can do and the signs were very encouraging. He's certainly made improvements (you just have to look at his goal tally) but he needs to start performing even when things aren't going right.
RE Ando, I think his partnership with Fletch is one of the worse combo possible. Team either one with another CM and you will see a different side to both players, they just dont complement each other.

The midfield at United operate differently to City/Chelsea. United attack predominantly through the wings. Citys main outlet was Silva through the middle and they just steamrolled over uniteds midfield. I really think the manager needs to revert back to a 3 man midfield in the big games, something like this:

Cleverley Anderson
Rooney
Nani Welbeck Young
i think in the big games park ji-sung is a really big player too, unlike the other wide players he workes extremely hard to win back the ball even though he isnt as creative as the likes of nani and young. also seems to score in all the big games too
Original post by moonmonkey812
i think in the big games park ji-sung is a really big player too, unlike the other wide players he workes extremely hard to win back the ball even though he isnt as creative as the likes of nani and young. also seems to score in all the big games too

I think Park is more creative than them too through the middle, his passing to create chances is better I think
Solskjaer's Molde are set to win the Norwegian title.... possible successor to SAF?

I would love if it happens.
Molde are Solskjaer's St Mirren. He has a few clubs to take to victory before taking over Man Utd.
Original post by Colonel.
Molde are Solskjaer's St Mirren. He has a few clubs to take to victory before taking over Man Utd.

Nah, because Ole was a Utd player he can skip a step or two.
Original post by Kevmeister
Solskjaer's Molde are set to win the Norwegian title.... possible successor to SAF?

I would love for that too happened too with Scholes and Giggs as coaches, it would just be amazing.
Reply 3992
Original post by Kevmeister

I was thinking the same. :holmes:
Reply 3993
Ole - Manager
Keano - Assistant Manager
Coaches - Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Neville, Butt :lol:

Just imagine..:sogood:
Reply 3994
You're all forgetting one man. The man who rose above all of those mentioned so far.

Spoiler

What is May up to now? I think I seen him on TV not long ago..... :holmes:
David May's been around my house - my car doesn't wash itself!
You're a FOB, you don't own a car - you get a free travel pass due to your family 'history', ffs. :colonhash:
Reply 3998
http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/whathappenednext/62/article.aspx

In the wine importing business apparently :lol:

Not sure how old that is though. The figures he quoted for wages (Shearer on 9k) stood out, sad how much they've increased since then.
Keane should get nowhere near anything resembling Man United coaching.

Latest