The Student Room Group

The Cider Society

Scroll to see replies

Doubt I'll be joining you for the friday pissup - more than likely going to a gig. Sorry :smile:
Westons Cider with Raspberry is a pretty decent cider, although slightly disappointing for the price I think.
Original post by Cybele
Has anyone ever been to Sheppy's cider farm in Taunton? Picked myself up 2 x 10litres of the sweet stuff recently.

:sogood:

I've never been but I do love Sheppy's (could be regional bias though!)
If I am not out on Friday (my friend is leaving work and not sure what night we are going out yet), I will join you!
Reply 104
We have a new addition to tomorrow night's piss up - my mum. :mmm: She's been meaning to try my cider for a while... I might not be around so much for the earlier part of the evening, but I'm sure I can trust you all to take your drinking seriously.
Oh dear.. I seem to have got the day wrong and getting drunk on cider atm... oh well nevermind :colone:
Reply 106
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Oh dear.. I seem to have got the day wrong and getting drunk on cider atm... oh well nevermind :colone:

Funny that, I knew exactly what day it was, and yet somehow I found myself with a glass of delicious cider in my hand... My excuse is that I needed to take a picture, and then I could hardly just pour it back into the bottle, could I?
Original post by superwolf
Funny that, I knew exactly what day it was, and yet somehow I found myself with a glass of delicious cider in my hand... My excuse is that I needed to take a picture, and then I could hardly just pour it back into the bottle, could I?

What type of cider is that? :beard:

I'm a poor excuse of a cider drinker.. I'm sat here drinking Strongbow (it's cheap :ashamed:)

Also I was in the pub on tuesday and was talking to the landlady: Apparently Koppaberg are bringing out a raspberry cider for summer :cool:
4 cans of scrumpy jack purchased. Some of which for this evening and some for tomorrow night. It was either that or pay for the vomit that is strongbow at a slightly lower price.
Reply 109
I love cider but so many aren't veggie friendly. It's not fair.
Reply 110
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
What type of cider is that? :beard:

I'm a poor excuse of a cider drinker.. I'm sat here drinking Strongbow (it's cheap :ashamed:)

Also I was in the pub on tuesday and was talking to the landlady: Apparently Koppaberg are bringing out a raspberry cider for summer :cool:

It's superwolf-brand apple and cherry. Tastes damn good, and a lot stronger than its girly appearance would have you believe.

Original post by Hylean

This is where brewing your own comes in. Easy peasy recipe available in the OP. I highly recommend it.
It's superwolf-brand apple and cherry. Tastes damn good, and a lot stronger than its girly appearance would have you believe.

This is where brewing your own comes in. Easy peasy recipe available in the OP. I highly recommend it.

Didn't know it was available yet?

Will have to give it a try or 10 then :colone:
Tried a sip of wife beater's (Stella Artois) Cidre last night and thought it was pretty decent actually. Was almost expecting in to be another Magners/Bulmers clone but it didn't taste at all chemical which is something I don't like so much about the aforementioned. Would definitely recommend it, and it's nice and mainstream so easily accessible. Don't know how much it was and it's pretty low alcohol content but very drinkable, whiling away an evening rather than necking moonshine down the park. Good stuff.

Ok maybe not a sip, it sounds a bit pathetic. A hearty glug.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 113
Original post by Hylean

How so?

OH MY GOD.

That actually looks amazing - like cloudy pink lemonade :coma: I am so jelly :sad:
Original post by Hylean

well i was unaware of this. i'm a veggie (clearly not a very good one) and a big cider drinker. oh dear

i love trying new ciders. any suggestions that are easy to get hold of? i tend to favour dry over sweet.
i do enjoy a good elderflower and lime kopperberg or jacques but don't see them as cider in my head for some reason
Reply 116
Original post by Delta_Aitch
OH MY GOD.

That actually looks amazing - like cloudy pink lemonade :coma: I am so jelly :sad:

Ha, my sister's friend said exactly the same thing. I might actually buy some lemonade as a mixer, as my sister's tastebuds can't quite cope with drinking it straight.
Ha, my sister's friend said exactly the same thing. I might actually buy some lemonade as a mixer, as my sister's tastebuds can't quite cope with drinking it straight.

I wish my brother was like you :emo:

I am so jealous, it is unreal. I am going to drown my sorrows later with my standard pear Kopparberg :colonhash:
Reply 118
Original post by Delta_Aitch
I wish my brother was like you :emo:

I am so jealous, it is unreal. I am going to drown my sorrows later with my standard pear Kopparberg :colonhash:

:console: To make things worse, I also do a ridiculous amount of baking. At the moment I'm working my way through a batch of banana and caramel muffins.

It looks exactly like some kind of squash I used to have from Tesco. Can't remember what it was called. Kudos to anyone who gets it.

Quick Reply

Latest