The Student Room Group

Advice for tight foreskin sufferers (phimosis)

Hey,

I’m 24 and have always had a tight foreskin. I recently bit the bullet and went to see my GP as it was getting me down and becoming sore (the skin had split and bled from what I tried stretching it).

I’ve always been against the idea of circumcision and I thought that it would be the only option provided to me when I went to my GP, but I was feeling so low about it that I gave in and kind of accepted that circumcision was the only way forward (not that there is anything wrong with circumcision, I just personally prefer to have a foreskin).

The GP was very understanding and to my surprise he didn’t even mention the word circumcision. I explained that I can’t retract it fully and that the skin had split as a result, and that it was making me feel self conscious and it was uncomfortable. My GP asked if he could see my penis (this was also one of the reasons I had held back from going to the GP for so long), but it wasn’t as near as embarrassing or awkward as I thought, he looked at it for two seconds.

He then advised that I begin by trying a steroid cream (Betamethasone), which is supposed to both loosen and heal damaged skin. He advised to apply around the foreskin twice a day, and to have a follow up appointment in a months time.

I have been applying Betamethasone for 1 and 1/2 days, and I’ve already seen a HUGE improvement. It honestly feels like a miracle!!
The skin has already loosened and I can retract my foreskin nearly all the way back already (I’ve never been able to do that before). The skin isn’t as red as it was before and it’s all healing nicely too from where it split. I honestly can’t believe it! I was so pshyced up about the fact that I was going to have to get it circumcised, and little did I know there was this miracle cream!

If anyone has the same issue, I highly recommend that you visit your GP and ask to try Betamethasone. My confidence has increased massively in just the one and a half days I’ve used it. Instant results... I believe there are also other creams that GPs can prescribe too if Betamethasone doesn’t work.

I really hope this helps another concerned guy out there!!
Glad it worked for you! :smile:

A steroid prescription is standard practice. Works for some, doesn't work for others.
That’s really cool it worked out and sound advice :smile:

I had a similar sort of thing and was put off a good while seeing my GP and played it down when I did so didn’t really come to much which was a bad move really. I ended up getting circumcised.
Reply 3
It needs to be stretched until it can come all the way down.

For example, the foreskin needs to be able to retract, if you are going to use a condom.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jdro
It needs to be stretched until it can come all the way down.

For example, the foreskin needs to be able to retract, if you are going to use a condom.

You need to be putting a warning on your message before posting explicit content like this.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Can I just ask is it the Betamethasone 0.1% w w cream? I’m just looking on pharmacy online and they have it on there. I have also just bought the phimocare stretching rings. I’ve never been able to pull my foreskin back and it’s knocked my confidence and affected me being able to intimate.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

I’m 24 and have always had a tight foreskin. I recently bit the bullet and went to see my GP as it was getting me down and becoming sore (the skin had split and bled from what I tried stretching it).

I’ve always been against the idea of circumcision and I thought that it would be the only option provided to me when I went to my GP, but I was feeling so low about it that I gave in and kind of accepted that circumcision was the only way forward (not that there is anything wrong with circumcision, I just personally prefer to have a foreskin).

The GP was very understanding and to my surprise he didn’t even mention the word circumcision. I explained that I can’t retract it fully and that the skin had split as a result, and that it was making me feel self conscious and it was uncomfortable. My GP asked if he could see my penis (this was also one of the reasons I had held back from going to the GP for so long), but it wasn’t as near as embarrassing or awkward as I thought, he looked at it for two seconds.

He then advised that I begin by trying a steroid cream (Betamethasone), which is supposed to both loosen and heal damaged skin. He advised to apply around the foreskin twice a day, and to have a follow up appointment in a months time.

I have been applying Betamethasone for 1 and 1/2 days, and I’ve already seen a HUGE improvement. It honestly feels like a miracle!!
The skin has already loosened and I can retract my foreskin nearly all the way back already (I’ve never been able to do that before). The skin isn’t as red as it was before and it’s all healing nicely too from where it split. I honestly can’t believe it! I was so pshyced up about the fact that I was going to have to get it circumcised, and little did I know there was this miracle cream!

If anyone has the same issue, I highly recommend that you visit your GP and ask to try Betamethasone. My confidence has increased massively in just the one and a half days I’ve used it. Instant results... I believe there are also other creams that GPs can prescribe too if Betamethasone doesn’t work.

I really hope this helps another concerned guy out there!!

Just get circumcised with a full Frenulectomy.. Problem solved!
Reply 7
I had phimosis and after trying all kinds of home remedies I decided to soak the head of my penis in a shot glass of apple cider vinegar prior to a shower and after one week of daily once a day treatment it was gone and my foreskin was normal. There is no burning or feeling. Gradually pull the foreskin back every time as it heals back to normal elasticity. There are many blends of ACV and I use the one with the mother. That was two years ago and have been cured since then.
Reply 8
You can also lip cold sore cream. I surmise that phimosis is a form of herpes

Quick Reply

Latest