Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by louci
same here
oh man ...
i lost about 30 marks !

i think i lost exactly the same amount of marks :wink:
Reply 21
Does anyone know the general grade boundaries from years before? like what an A/ A* is etc etcccccc, thanksssss!
Reply 22
Original post by XxSarahxX
If you don't mind me asking, why do you think you have messed up?
Remember, your coursework gets added to whatever you got in the exam as well, and if you messed up some of the calculations, you may be able to get some marks for your working out :smile:

thanks,
yep, my coursework was good,
but, i just had a feeling i messed up (not the first time).
Reply 23
I got about 85% in the exam and 37/40 for my course work do you think I will get an A* not sure about the marking scheme its very complicated. Thanks to MRMANPS your amazing for posting the results good luck everyone
Reply 24
Thanks for putting this up mate :wink:
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for this paper?
I lost about 5 marks +- 2 marks for safety.
Good luck people! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by silv9427
I got about 85% in the exam and 37/40 for my course work do you think I will get an A* not sure about the marking scheme its very complicated. Thanks to MRMANPS your amazing for posting the results good luck everyone

Definite A*. Well done :smile:
I got 40/40 in my coursework, but I think I lost like 16 marks on the paper, would that still be an A*?
Reply 27
Original post by Ears
Definite A*. Well done :smile:

yes I agree with this. 85/100 raw marks will convert to about 90-95 % UMS. Also, the boundary for A* on the coursework was 30/30 (I saw this on another thread but it sounds true). Well done mate ;]
Reply 28
Original post by Little Wing
I got 40/40 in my coursework, but I think I lost like 16 marks on the paper, would that still be an A*?

OBVIOUSLY!! If you got 25%, and then 84/100 (which will usually convert to about 90-95 UMS marks) then that's obviously an A* lol. That's close to 100% overall, well done ;]
Reply 29
Original post by Sokka
yes I agree with this. 85/100 raw marks will convert to about 90-95 % UMS. Also, the boundary for A* on the coursework was 30/30 (I saw this on another thread but it sounds true). Well done mate ;]

I hope it is 30/40, that would be great. I got 34 so hopefully that will be good :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by nm786
thanks,
yep, my coursework was good,
but, i just had a feeling i messed up (not the first time).

No problem...
I know exactly the feeling you are getting, In some of my exams in January, I had the feeling I messed up too. On one of my RE papers, I thought I failed it because I messed up my timing, and didn't think what I wrote was good enough to get the higher grades, but I ended up coming out with an A for the paper. Then, I did a Spanish listening paper and thought that it went okay, but not as well as I would have liked to because my target grade was an A* and then I ended up coming out with an A* for my listening paper and overall. I was being far too harsh on myself.
So, maybe... you could still get a good grade.
If your coursework is good then that will get added to whatever you got on the paper and you could still get the grade you want.
I am sure you've done great, honestly... -fingers crossed-... Try not to let it bother you too much and enjoy the longest summer holiday you have ever had in your life so far :smile:
Reply 31
i don't even know wat i got in my coursework
but i know i ve got like 72 % in my exam
so how much do i need to get to actually get an A*
Reply 32
No problem...
I know exactly the feeling you are getting, In some of my exams in January, I had the feeling I messed up too. On one of my RE papers, I thought I failed it because I messed up my timing, and didn't think what I wrote was good enough to get the higher grades, but I ended up coming out with an A for the paper. Then, I did a Spanish listening paper and thought that it went okay, but not as well as I would have liked to because my target grade was an A* and then I ended up coming out with an A* for my listening paper and overall. I was being far too harsh on myself.
If your coursework is good then that will get added to whatever you got on the paper and you could still get the grade you want.
I am sure you've done great, honestly... -fingers crossed-... Try not to let it bother you too much and enjoy the longest summer holiday you have ever had in your life so far :smile:

sarah u are so uplifting
not only did u make the person have hope but also for poeple around u
thnakx u and i wish u the best of luck too
Reply 33
i got a B for my coursework 28 marks and 34/100 in my statistics exam what grade would that be
Reply 34
No problem...

thank you.
best way out is not to worry.
and very good luck to you too. fingers crossed
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by ME RASHED
i got a B for my coursework 28 marks and 34/100 in my statistics exam what grade would that be

b.
Reply 36
how could that be a B, when 75% 34 is a D, and 25% is a B

i need some one to tell me what the correct grade will be
Reply 37

Probably a C then.
Reply 38

ok, I calculated the raw marks and it's about 43/100 raw in total (I weighted the coursework and exam). So in UMS marks, it would be about mid fifties or 60+ if you're lucky, so I'd say a D/C.

Good luck :wink:
Reply 39
I have checked what the edexcel paper, and i have got 34 right and the rest i left out
now i am worried, i have revised for 1 mounth for no reason, i have only 5 gcse including this one, and if i don't pass this i am not goin collage, some one please callculate my over result

i got 28/40 in coursework and 34/100 on the exam
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending