The Student Room Group

Changing degrees from law after second year to medicine..help from the SLC?

Hi, I would really appreciate some help here.......

Basically I quit my law degree (a 3 year course) after 2 years and got an offer to study medicine (5 year course). I rang the SLC to ask how many more years I would be entitled to a loan and maintenance grant etc from them, and I was told I could be eligible for the full 5 years. I know that usually, they only allow for one 'false start' so usually, you would only be allowed financial help for a total of the duration of your degree plus one extra year which would make it 4 years for a switch from a law degree if you decide to switch courses but the lady told me they make exceptions for medical degrees as they place importance on future doctors or something along those lines. I'm really hesitant to believe this, as past information I've received form the SLC has contradicted itself later on and I really don't want to get too overexcited and quit my job for the summer if this isn't true and I'll have to fund myself for part of the duration of the degree...does anyone know if this is in fact true, or has been through something similar?? Please help!!! :confused: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending