The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Got my offer today from Nottingham for English -AAA hope I can get it!!! Anyone else heard from english?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by lostlizzy
Got my offer today from Nottingham for English -AAA hope I can get it!!! Anyone else heard from english?

Yes! thank goodness. I got my offer for english studies last thursday and I only need to get two As as I they are counting my alevel arabic which I have done early. By English do you mean, english studies or lanaguage and literature?
Where else are you applying?:smile:
Reply 582
Original post by Rachel08
No idea how he managed that! :eek: I'm a first year at Nottingham doing history and i had to get AAA

It is ancient and modern history though :tongue:
Whats history at nottingham like??
Original post by ms93
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, have you even got acknowledgement from them?

I received an offer for the Mathematics G100 on the 29th of october :smile: conditional A*AB/AAA plus A in C3+C4!
How do everyone's predicted grades compare with their offer grades, I'm so worried I've applied too high. I'm applying to NatSci and Environmental Science at Nottingham, my school hasn't sent my application off yet and people are already getting offers!!! AAAAHHHH!!!
Original post by hannah_smiles
How do everyone's predicted grades compare with their offer grades, I'm so worried I've applied too high. I'm applying to NatSci and Environmental Science at Nottingham, my school hasn't sent my application off yet and people are already getting offers!!! AAAAHHHH!!!

My predicted grades are massively above my required grades due to my school's vain attempt to get me into Cambridge. :tongue:
Congrats on the offers guys! :biggrin:
I'm applying for Joint Honours English Literature and History, and my predictions are:
English literature - A*, History - A*, Archaeology - A*.
Got an offer from Liverpool last week but haven't heard anything from my other choices, Nottingham, Cambridge, Exeter and Edinburgh. Going crazy over not knowing though! :/

I sent my application off in mid October but have had the usual horror of an additional personal statement (I applied for just History at Cambridge cause they don't do a joint course!)
Good luck to those who haven't yet got offers, I'm hoping Nottingham hurries up and tells us either way :rolleyes:
Reply 587
Original post by gwenllian94
I received an offer for the Mathematics G100 on the 29th of october :smile: conditional A*AB/AAA plus A in C3+C4!

Well done! :smile: You're so lucky :frown:
Original post by Denzer
It is ancient and modern history though :tongue:
Whats history at nottingham like??

Ah ok, I think the one with Ancient history has a lower standard offer.
Um, it's good, I'm finding it fairly challenging but I think that's just getting used to the differences from school. I do feel like I'm getting into the swing of things now though (I'm currently on a break from writing my first essay which is due in on tuesday :eek: ) :smile:

First year is an overview of everything basically, from 500AD-1945AD, then a skills module
Next year we have a module on 1945 onwards, another skills module, then we get to pick everything else (so excited for choosing my own modules!)
Can't remember what final year's like really, I know you have to do a dissertation, and I think you also do a 'special subject' where you go really in depth on a particular topic.
Reply 589
Original post by PatrickD
My predicted grades are massively above my required grades due to my school's vain attempt to get me into Cambridge. :tongue:

ahaha totally agree..

my school has put my predicted grades at AAA.. even though im likely to get AAB..

but your school tends to do it for incentive alot of the time.. e.g. to try and make you work harder to achieve the higher grades in all 3 subjects :P

(or in your case, to get u an offer from cambridge :tongue: )
Applied to Nottingham for Mathematical Physics MSci. :biggrin: Anyone else applied to this course and heard anything yet?
Reply 591
so annoying that they're not given any straight econ offers before the deadline -___-
Original post by i Pav i
ahaha totally agree..

my school has put my predicted grades at AAA.. even though im likely to get AAB..

but your school tends to do it for incentive alot of the time.. e.g. to try and make you work harder to achieve the higher grades in all 3 subjects :P

(or in your case, to get u an offer from cambridge :tongue: )

My predicted grades are A*A*A*A*A*! :eek3:

I must admit, it does work as a good incentive as there's nothing I'd like more than to achieve 5 A*s (except maybe passing my driving test which is probably on a par :colondollar:). I'll hopefully get one in General Studies but I'll be lucky to get two! :tongue:
Reply 593
Original post by PatrickD
My predicted grades are A*A*A*A*A*! :eek3:

I must admit, it does work as a good incentive as there's nothing I'd like more than to achieve 5 A*s (except maybe passing my driving test which is probably on a par :colondollar:). I'll hopefully get one in General Studies but I'll be lucky to get two! :tongue:

ooo haha i passed my driving test a few weeks back :colondollar:

hahaha i was sooooo happy - you should be sooo happy that you got offers from Notts for ABB

i got an AAB offer which is annoying ffs :/ haha.
Reply 594
I got an ABB offer for French and German!

But... does anyone know how I could try and change courses to French, German and Russian?
Conditional for Philosophy :biggrin: AAB/A*AC/A*BB
Original post by lostlizzy

Yeah, I got a AAB offer a couple of days ago :smile:
This offer is subject to you obtaining

GCE A level
Grades AB

I already have an A* in maths, does that count as an A for this offer?
Because if it does, it means that i can do ONLY the remaining three units of A2 physics, get a B for it and get into Nottingham :s-smilie:
right? :smile:
ABB offer for Ancient History and Archaeology
Original post by blacklistmember
I already have an A* in maths, does that count as an A for this offer?
Because if it does, it means that i can do ONLY the remaining three units of A2 physics, get a B for it and get into Nottingham :s-smilie:
right? :smile:

I'm guessing they've considered your A* in Maths already, hence why the offer only includes two grades. You need to get an A and a B this year to go alongside your A* in Maths. If you hadn't had the A* already I would imagine your offer would have been AAB/ABB. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending