The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

so want to come here!!! But i'm still waiting to hear if i get an offer or not :s-smilie: and I am a tiny bit concerned about the crime in Nottingham!? But it can't be that bad!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 781
Original post by perrobarrioajeno
so want to come here!!! But i'm still waiting to hear if i get an offer or not :s-smilie: and I am a tiny bit concerned about the crime in Nottingham!? But it can't be that bad!

Don't worry, it isn't. But let's not start that one again.
I love love love love love Nottingham! :biggrin:
I've applied for Children's Nursing and Master of Nursing Science so hopefully I'll get in.
I was invited to visit on 15th Feb for the Masters course so I think it's going well :smile:
Reply 783

Dont worry, ive lived in nottingham for 19 years now and not suffered any problems. its just in certain areas that crimes bad (like it is with every city), but nottingham in general is fine, and ive always felt safe on nights out in the city etc!
Original post by kattyt10
Dont worry, ive lived in nottingham for 19 years now and not suffered any problems. its just in certain areas that crimes bad (like it is with every city), but nottingham in general is fine, and ive always felt safe on nights out in the city etc!

This. I don't live in Nottingham but my grandparents and mum's sister do (my mum is from Nottingham) and whenever I've been into the city centre, during the day or the evening, it's fine. Some of the student accommodation is in slightly 'rougher' areas but as a whole it's the same as any other city and feels very safe. It really annoys me when people go on about the crime in Nottingham! :tongue:
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
SO, other Universities have them, I thought, why not one for the University with one of the best campuses in the UK?

So here it is! What are you planning on studying? :smile:

English Language & Literature! But I just got an email from them saying my application has been put on hold... Does this mean they are likely to reject me? Cuz I know someone who applied to the same course here and already has an offer!
Original post by goussberry
English Language & Literature! But I just got an email from them saying my application has been put on hold... Does this mean they are likely to reject me? Cuz I know someone who applied to the same course here and already has an offer!

We really can't tell but I doubt it means they're definitely going to reject you, otherwise they'd just do it. English courses are pretty popular and Nottingham is a very popular university so it may be to do with the number of applications they've received recently. It's around now that most people are submitting their applications so they probably want to wait until they can assess and compare all applications fairly and equally (other than people who submitted their applications quite early and were lucky enough to get offers). Something similar has happened with Economics, I believe.

There may be any number of reasons for your application being put on hold but it certainly doesn't mean a straight rejection. Good luck. :smile:
I applied for Mechanical Engineering (BEng) about two weeks ago to Nottingham and got the email saying about the student portal thing yesterday, does this mean I'm closing to hearing back from them? Really hoping to get an offer! :biggrin:
Ive applied for notts for two subjects, anyone else applied for animal science? :smile:
Got my offer from nottingham today! :biggrin: HELL YEAH! :biggrin:
Original post by MadMike457
Got my offer from nottingham today! :biggrin: HELL YEAH! :biggrin:

:bumps: HOORAH! What course did you apply for?
Original post by David.holt123
I applied for Mechanical Engineering (BEng) about two weeks ago to Nottingham and got the email saying about the student portal thing yesterday, does this mean I'm closing to hearing back from them? Really hoping to get an offer! :biggrin:

I got an email from them in the morning yesterday about the portal, and later on in the day I got an offer :P This was for Computer Science by the way :biggrin:
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
I got an email from them in the morning yesterday about the portal, and later on in the day I got an offer :P This was for Computer Science by the way :biggrin:

Oh, it still says they're looking through my application on the portal.. So not long to wait hopefully! :smile: Well done! :biggrin:
Wonder if anybody can help? I have recently received Nottingham's portal login and they have given me my details etc. However, when I sign in nothing comes up :rolleyes:

Anybody else had this problem or know what's wrong?
Original post by TonyH663
Wonder if anybody can help? I have recently received Nottingham's portal login and they have given me my details etc. However, when I sign in nothing comes up :rolleyes:

Anybody else had this problem or know what's wrong?

Yeah that happened to me in the first week or so of when I sent my application off, it might not have anything to do with that but after a couple of days mine started working :smile:
(Also it might be your browser, my friend found that this worked)
Original post by David.holt123
:bumps: HOORAH! What course did you apply for?

Management Studies! The offer was AAB! :biggrin:
Just got an offer for Psychology & Cognitive Neuroscience, so happy I burst into tears aha :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by PatrickD
This. I don't live in Nottingham but my grandparents and mum's sister do (my mum is from Nottingham) and whenever I've been into the city centre, during the day or the evening, it's fine. Some of the student accommodation is in slightly 'rougher' areas but as a whole it's the same as any other city and feels very safe. It really annoys me when people go on about the crime in Nottingham! :tongue:

THANK YOU! Yeah, accomodation was what i was a tad worried about, as i've heard most is in the rougher areas! Do you by any chance know if there is any that is easily accesible in slightly less rough areas that are mainly full of students??? :smile: :smile:
THANK YOU! Yeah, accomodation was what i was a tad worried about, as i've heard most is in the rougher areas! Do you by any chance know if there is any that is easily accesible in slightly less rough areas that are mainly full of students??? :smile: :smile:

If you're in campus-based accommodation then there's obviously very little safety issue because you're basically in a peaceful and largely enclosed environment where outsiders have no reason to be really.

Even off-campus the typically 'rough' areas are largely full of students because there's so much student accommodation there! :smile: I would imagine that you would barely even notice how nice (or not as the case may be) the area is as you'll be living in decent accommodation and only really meeting other students. Coming home late at night you might have to be a bit careful but you need to be careful wherever you are. Staying safe is largely common sense really.

If you do firm Nottingham and start looking for accommodation the best thing to do would be to research the different areas and find out from current students how they've found it. There's really nothing to worry about though (IMO)!
Original post by chiggy321

Original post by chiggy321
Yay! I have an offer at Nottingham for Law!! Been waiting so long for a response and finally got it through today :smile:

Well Done! Waiting for mine :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending