The Student Room Group

I called my little sister fat...and feel so bad now!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mevidek
:facepalm2:

The obligatory facepalm. Don't it just scream smugness?
you are COMPLETELY right... i think allowing a child to become fat is a form of child abuse tbh. your parents have no idea what they are doing to her, obviously. she needs boundaries. you need to sit down with them and tell them a bit more tactfully (in a way where they can see you aren't being mean which they might have thought this time, even though you didn't mean it that way) and tell them it's a real concern.

dont patronise them or tell them how to do their job, just tell them how worried you are.
Reply 22
as long as you apoligise, im sure she'll forgive you.i once told my mum and brother that i hated them.still feeling guilty about that even though its over.

Oh I've been having this same battle with my parents over my little sister (she's 7 )
It's so fustrating 'cause they just get angry and say I can't tell them what to do with their kid and they'll do what want, but it makes me so upset to think how she's going to get bullied at school unless they do something about it. I was thinking of going on a diet, but more of a healthy eating type thing and getting her involved, teaching her what's healthy to eat and she can help out with cooking meals and I can take her for walks and stuff, maybe you could try that. I've never ( and would never ) call her fat to her face, but, and i **** you not.. my mum does, because she's bat**** crazy. How can you call a kid fat when it's your fault they're fat? It makes me really angry
Reply 24

Thanks for the replies and good advice guys :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all, well I have got a little sister, aged 6 and she is rather chubby! Anyway, all she has done all day is eat then eat then eat and you would never guess what she did? Eat some more. :colone:

She's getting fatter by the day! Its not that I love her any less, im scared for her health, nevermind when she goes to high school and the fact she might get bullied. :frown:

Anyway, my mum was eating something today, and my mum give her some of it. Baring in mind this was just before she was going to bed. I was like 'mum, no wonder she's fat, you don't know where to draw the line, she's only 6, she should only be eating half of what she is'. Inevitable to say, I ended up in a big argument with my parent's. So once again my little sister thinks its ok to eat this much. :angry:

Was I right or wrong? I feel so bad now and Im going to apologise first thing in the morning. Its all out of love aint it? :colondollar:

Thanks.

When I was fat, my brothers used to squirt a water gun behind me and make me run.

Tough love right?

I did lose it in the end :0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending